Forex MegaDroid

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO. How come other people's backtests with FXDD, ForexMeta, IBFX, GoMarkets, I-TradeFX, Alpari UK etc. show consistent profits and yours shows a loss? Maybe, the problem is not with all these people, but with you, ever wondered?

An interesting point, however, how could my 'personal problems' effect an automatic EA robot?

BTW, the first backtest on Forex Meta showed a profit, so I'm not exactly sure what you are getting at? Please enlighten me to what you think 'my problem' could be as I'd love to see this work as their marketing and hype suggests it should.

Don't get me wrong, I'm only offering these backtests as my findings and not a conclusive report. Negative as well as positive results should be reviewed carefully by anyone out there looking seriously at buying and using Megadroid and I'm not suggesting anyone just take my word for it. If anything my findings have shown not to bother using this with Orion!

I'm sorry I've tried to help my fellow traders get an insight into Megadroid, perhaps I won't bother in future, no hang on, I think a better strategy would be to just ignore posts like this from now on.

I wish you good luck with your chosen trading strategy or robot, and I sincerely hope Megadroid works well for you, if that is what you are using.

An interesting point, however, how could my 'personal problems' effect an automatic EA robot?

BTW, the first backtest on Forex Meta showed a profit, so I'm not exactly sure what you are getting at? Please enlighten me to what you think 'my problem' could be as I'd love to see this work as their marketing and hype suggests it should.

Don't get me wrong, I'm only offering these backtests as my findings and not a conclusive report. Negative as well as positive results should be reviewed carefully by anyone out there looking seriously at buying and using Megadroid and I'm not suggesting anyone just take my word for it. If anything my findings have shown not to bother using this with Orion!

I'm sorry I've tried to help my fellow traders get an insight into Megadroid, perhaps I won't bother in future, no hang on, I think a better strategy would be to just ignore posts like this from now on.

I wish you good luck with your chosen trading strategy or robot, and I sincerely hope Megadroid works well for you, if that is what you are using.
What I think your problem in this situation could be is your false assumption about the accuracy/quality of Orion's data, on which your backtest was run. Larger brokers usually have more accurate and complete data, and even though its modeling quality is still low, it correctly reflects the general trading pattern (profit/loss, profit ratio etc). Give it a try by running a backtest with Alpari UK, for example, and you'll see what I mean.

If anything my findings have shown not to bother using this with Orion!

Point some of you may find interesting:-

Orion demo account on one of my PCs running Megadroid made two trades in the early hours of this morning one at $70 profit the second $45.

Orion demo account running on another PC with the same settings made $9 on one trade.

Both PCs are pretty much identical with same versions of Metatrader and service packs etc. All settings on the EA are identical.

Anyone with any ideas of why this may happen please come forward!

Looks like a misunderstanding Stu and your backtests are useful and welcome. Had email from megadroid support saying to use Forex Meta for backtests. They acknowledge that useing others can give bad results due to differences like daylight saving etc.

What I think your problem in this situation could be is your false assumption about the accuracy/quality of Orion's data, on which your backtest was run. Larger brokers usually have more accurate and complete data, and even though its modeling quality is still low, it correctly reflects the general trading pattern (profit/loss, profit ratio etc). Give it a try by running a backtest with Alpari UK, for example, and you'll see what I mean.

Thank you for the advice. I'll give it a go with Alpari and FXPro and post up the results when they come in. Please don't shoot the messenger if they show losses or don't achieve the 330% return as advertised on Megadroid's website! :D

Looks like a misunderstanding Stu and your backtests are useful and welcome. Had email from megadroid support saying to use Forex Meta for backtests. They acknowledge that useing others can give bad results due to differences like daylight saving etc.

Indeed, I have noticed major differences in setting the GMT offset manually rather than relying on the 'Automatic GMT Offset'. Anyone else discovered the 'magic setting for their particular broker'?

I'm using +4 with Orion, +1 with Alpari and +2 with FXPro all hard coded into the EA with 'automatic GMT offset set to false'. Is anyone out there using a differnt setting with these brokers?

Indeed, I have noticed major differences in setting the GMT offset manually rather than relying on the 'Automatic GMT Offset'. Anyone else discovered the 'magic setting for their particular broker'?

I'm using +4 with Orion, +1 with Alpari and +2 with FXPro all hard coded into the EA with 'automatic GMT offset set to false'. Is anyone out there using a differnt setting with these brokers?

I believe that the GMT Offset for Fxpro is +3, well that's what support told me anyway! I think this is due to daylight savings, or something...

I believe that the GMT Offset for Fxpro is +3, well that's what support told me anyway! I think this is due to daylight savings, or something...

Sorry a typo on my part.

The time on the FXPro server is now 13.10 and GMT is 10.10 so ForexPro is indeed +3.

Apologies for misleading anyone.

So I want to make completely sure I have understood the situation on this thread. Perhaps you can all help. Are all the following statements true?

1) You are all talking about an automated system that you have purchased without knowing how it works (i.e. it spits out a trading signal on a 'black box' basis).

Yes, that's right.

2) Furthermore, you have never met the people behind this system, and have not independently been able to verify either the claims about results, OR their claims of professional industry experience made fairly boldly on the website.

Yes, but they seem like nice chaps on the video interview on the website.

3) As these people have never met you either, there is no way they or their system can have any understanding of your trading philosophy, tolerance for risk etc etc.

Agreed, but I feel there is a telepathic bond between us.

4) You're all failing to get consistent results even between each other when using this system.

Correct, but why would I want to be consistent with other people's losses?

Lets see where we go from here. You say you want constructive input, so I'll try and give some.

Where is it?

I decided to see what all the fuss was about so I bought this thing yesterday.

It's throw away money so what the heck !!

Last night it produced 2 trades, both profitable and a profit of 50 on a ForexMeta demo account starting balance of 5000.

So far so good..................I am not holding my breath however

Has anyone done a comparison with FAP Turbo ?

If so, with what results and conclusions ?

Furthermore, you have never met the people behind this system

I haven't met The fu*cking Queen but I think she is ok.

Neither have I met Kelly Brook but I would jump right into bed with her at the drop of a hat.

I haven't met The fu*cking Queen but I think she is ok.

Neither have I met Kelly Brook but I would jump right into bed with her at the drop of a hat.

Call me kinky but I think Kelly Brook is OK and would jump into bed with The fu*cking queen at a drop of the hat!

Just gathering the relevant information first. Don't want to misunderstand what's going on here.

Ok - here's my constructive criticism;

1) There's no such thing as free money when it comes to trading.
2) If you don't understand how a system is generating it's signals, you won't understand under what conditions it will perform well, and under what conditions it will perform badly.
3) If you don't understand these things, then the rapidly changing nature of trading conditions these days in FX means that you risk blowing yourself out of the water when something happens that doesn't fit the world reality that you can imagine.
4) If a system is black box it by nature also isn't optimised to your individl tolerance for risk etc.
5) Unless you have detailed first hand test experience of a system you cannot know what sort of performance is within acceptable tolerance, and what sort of performance should set alarm bells ringing. Is 10 consecutive losers fine? is 20? What is the expectancy of the system? Sharpe Ratio? Any sort of risk adjusted return measure? The reason I came down so hard on the person who said that 'any profit is a good one' is because it really really isn't true. Unless you know what you were risking to make that money then you can't say that it's a good profit. And that doesnt even mention time taken to achieve it. Remember - your capital isn't infinite, so if you have enough capital to trade a cretain position size and / or a certain number of different positions it's no good tying up a chunk of that on a trade that's happy taking profit of 7 pips, risking 50, right 70% of the time for example. So you need to know what the expectancy is. So I fully stand by that earlier comment.
6) The simple fact is that the person who will make the most money off a system like this is the person selling it, NOT buying it.
7) This is a classic thread for this type of aggressively virally marketed system. And what that means is that, while some of the posters in it may be genuine users of the system trying to learn how it works, most of you here are simply plants, acting like newbies in order to generate internet traffic attracting people to the product. It happens so many times that you just get to know what it looks like.

So my constructive advice to the few GENUINE people on this thread is don't part with a penny of cash for something you don't understand fully. Sure, I don't understand every last detail about how my car works, but that is a function of the amount of time I xhoose to spend learning that stuff (which in turn is a function of the cost / time dynamics of what my job pays vs my servicing bills from my usually excellent local mechanics etc etc). But in the case of a black box system that info simply isn't open to you, so you're buying totally blind.

That's my $0.02 - can't say it wasn't constructive, it's just telling all of you (both the scammers here and anyone genuine) stuff you don't wanna hear - there really isn't a black box holy grail.

GJ

Oi Killjoy, where is the harm in spending peanuts ( £60-£70 ) on anything and playing with it ?

WGAF whether it works or not ?

If it does....yippee

If it doesn't, then get a frigging refund.

Simple

But why do you insist on dampening people's fun ?

Yeah but there's more info about Kelly Brook on the net than about these two shysters. For all you know one of these 'guys' could actually BE Kelly Brook

That is the first sensible statement that you have made all week.

If it doesn't, then get a frigging refund.

Just got mine and it took less than 24 hours to get my money back from Clickbank, however I did have to request it directly from them as Megadroid's support department ignored my requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.