ES tonight

Nice results !

just lucky that it was such an exceptional Down day.
the point I was trying to make was "don't fall in love with the upside", although I seem to be in the minority here with people calling 'bottom" left right & centre

Nice results ! (y)

Yes, very nice trading there ratcool, I'm still trying to figure out exactly what it is that you're doing, but when I have the time to sift through in a little mroe detail I will understand your methodology. I have been trading US stocks, but am going to be looking into the EMinis this year.

Anyway, good on you for posting!

Seymour

ESH9 Daily set-up 25 Feb

yesterday's Daily was a flop, saved only by the market profile vah/val set-up pre-market (not shown) and the Weekly.
here's the set-up for today, hoping for a better showing.

(btw, the blue rectangle area represents the Market Profile Value Area for today, it used to be the 2 black lines on the chart, i'm experimenting to see if the shaded rectangle is easier to monitor)

Attachments

• ES set up for 25 feb.jpg
    ES set up for 25 feb.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 106
25 feb update

price has dropped into Lower Kill Zone so Stop Entries set and waiting - go Long at 758.25 or Short at 751.5

update: stopped out already. Not going to set automatic triggers while price is dicking around, I'll let volume and pit audio get me in from near a trigger point later

update 00:21hrs : managed to grab 5 points on the long (i'm conservative with my Long targets in this Bear market)
Am off to Cambodia in the morning so packing up for for the night now, tho' will set a Sell Stop in at 751.5 with automated Safety Stop placement and management.

toodle'oo....

Attachments

• ES LKZ 25 feb.jpg
    ES LKZ 25 feb.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 125
  • ES LKZ 25 feb ii.jpg
    ES LKZ 25 feb ii.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 115
  • ES LKZ 25 feb iii.jpg
    ES LKZ 25 feb iii.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
ESH9 Daily set-up for Thurs 26 Feb

just back from Cambodia so just time to quickly throw this up before the Open

Attachments

• ES set up for 26 feb.jpg
    ES set up for 26 feb.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 121
ESH9 review 26 feb

one unsuccessful Short, stopped out (red box)

and one successful Short (yellow oval) but with a lot of pain on the way.
Just as well i set and forgot, and went to bed, otherwise I would have been tempted to close when the pain got too much

Attachments

• ES 26 feb review.jpg
    ES 26 feb review.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 157
looks to me like price could either bounce off the lower Value Area/Reversal Short at low 760s and breakdown from there.
Or, completely blast thru the Value Area to high 770s and cap a relatively good week for the Bulls........

but i am, as usual, quite bearish .... which thinking about it, isn't such a good thing - i'm supposed to stay neutral and just play the trades as they occur

Attachments

• ES set up for 27 feb.jpg
    ES set up for 27 feb.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
one unsuccessful Short, stopped out (red box)

and one successful Short (yellow oval) but with a lot of pain on the way.
Just as well i set and forgot, and went to bed, otherwise I would have been tempted to close when the pain got too much

Almost identical to my entries. Lucky you as my second one was stopped out at breakeven order that just covered commission. congrats!! ;)
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/52336-vwap-engine-7.html#post678846

ESH9 WEEKLY w/c 2 Mar

this week's set-up on the weekly:
looks like an early Long, certainly up to trendline at around 730 ?

Attachments

• ES week comm 2 mar.jpg
    ES week comm 2 mar.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 176
guesswork

possible first move of the week, short bounce to bottom of previous channel and roll-over ?
let's see ........

Attachments

• ES 02 march poss bounce.jpg
    ES 02 march poss bounce.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 166
cheers Joey
BDS never kicked in, none of my pivot triggers were hit so no trades there tonight, but the MP transit was sweet :)

Attachments

• ES 4 mar VAHVAL.jpg
    ES 4 mar VAHVAL.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 122
cheers Joey
BDS never kicked in, none of my pivot triggers were hit so no trades there tonight, but the MP transit was sweet :)

Your welcome r_e.

By the way, I worked out the other day that DeMark's pivots are just:

Previous day red: DR1 = (FTPP + FTR1)/2

Previous day green: DR1 = (FTR1 + FTR2)/2

In other words, Floor Trader midpoints!

I'm sure you already know that, but on the mypivots.com website it's not made clear.

as some may be aware, i also use a different set-up, based on VAH & VAL rather than Actual H & L
here's today's chart showing signals, failures as well as successes, plus the MP transit

Attachments

• ES 4 mar using MP data.jpg
    ES 4 mar using MP data.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 164