Weekly and Daily set-up for Monday 9 March:

Attachments

• ES 03-09  week commence 9 mar.jpg
    ES 03-09 week commence 9 mar.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 144
  • ES set up for 09 march.jpg
    ES set up for 09 march.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 147
price not quite hit trigger but keltner channel is showing price is so far extended, i've gone short just a shade away from trigger at 692

looks like price is meeting support at 685, the top of the MP VAH
what will happen ? bounce or collapse ?

00:43hrs update - collapse :clap: :clap:

Attachments

• ES set up for 09 march ii.jpg
    ES set up for 09 march ii.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
weekly chart midweek update

quick review of weekly chart - nice how the Upper limit of the Kill Zone worked as the ultimate resistance, almost to the penny !

indices are up in asia and europe today and ES futures pointing upwards for the Open of the S&P, but I'm still a Bear and won't be truly happy til we get below 707 and hopefully collapse after this brief rally.

On the bulls side, yes it's encouraging to see a couple of Pharma mergers, but a lot of yesterdays upside sentiment was apparently driven by Citi's "better than expected performance" - but IT IS STILL In THE SHYT, NO WAY ARE WE NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THIS.
The Transports might be the "leader" of the market, but Financials are a very strong element too. One company posting results that weren't as catastrophic as could have been, while still waiting cap in hand for a 3rd government bail out, does not constitute, in my book, the start of a Bull market. So I'm still a Bear until proven convincingly otherwise.

Attachments

• ES midweek update 11 march.jpg
    ES midweek update 11 march.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 184
Hi R_E

Do the Cam and DeM pivots and the floor trader pviots come in TS as standard ?
For some reason, thought you looked at gold and oil as well - no ?
Ta
Combo.

Hi Combo,
I get the Cam & DeM PPs from here: E-mini S&P500 June 2009

I do look at Gold and Oil, as well as some currency futures, but I generally use the Weekly PPs for those, simply because otherwise I'd be overwhelmed with work trying to keep track of everything.

r_e

Thanks mate, really helpful site actually - for a lot of stuff.
Looks like a future players haunt.
Now i just need to incorporate the data into my MT4 charts.
I think ODL MT4 downloads offer weekly and monthly pivots as well, in case you want to have a look.
Ta
Combo.

Thanks mate, really helpful site actually - for a lot of stuff.
Looks like a future players haunt.
Now i just need to incorporate the data into my MT4 charts.
I think ODL MT4 downloads offer weekly and monthly pivots as well, in case you want to have a look.
Ta
Combo.

HI Rathcoole
Up the Gers!!!
I have been thru this thread trying to find out the template you set up for your charts but cannot see a post outlining your method, sorry I may have missit it could you outline it for me
Thanks

Hi haircut,
Gers not doing too well lately :-(

for the KillZone set ups you can use any of 3 potential set-ups:

Camarilla: H4 & H3 and L3 & L4
Demark: H & M+ (mid point between central pivot and High) and M- & L (where M- is mid point between central pivot and Low)
Traditional FTPs: R1 & M+ and M- & S1

all I do for simplicity sake is take a weighted average of each value to come up with a value that I use.
as an example:
(L4x3)+(Hx2)+(R1X5)/10 = Upper HKZ value

hope that helps,
r_e

by the way haircut,
have you checked out Joey25's excellent Journal ?
he goes into his thought process much more than I can ever be bothered to do.
it's very interesting and highly instructional if this kind of approach appeals to you.

Thurs 16/4

tonight's trade triggers in advance:

Breakout Long 859
Breakdown Short 840 (but beware Weekly support hovering at 838 which may hamper Shorts)

Reversal Shorts @ 853.5
Reversal Longs @ 843.5

Fri 17 Apr

caught a nice Long from 843.50, then added to final remaining runner at 859 to squeeze another couple of handles out towards the end.

today's triggers will be:

876.5 breakout Long

868.5 reversal Short

854.0 reversal Long

850.5 breakout Short
846.5 breakout Short pyramid extra cars

today's triggers will be:

876.5 breakout Long

868.5 reversal Short

854.0 reversal Long

850.5 breakout Short
846.5 breakout Short pyramid extra cars

well i missed the long from 854 as it was an overnight trigger, even though it was 4pm afternoon time here, so i was out hitting a few balls on the range

didn't want to chase the market so missed out all that long move
but price has finally entered Higher Kill Zone so am looking for a tasty roll-over and collapse towards the friday close

(or alternatively, of course, a breakout above 876.5 but I think there's too much resistance from the Weekly for that to occur...plus of course the resistance at 870-odd dating back to Jan/Feb)

Last edited:
tues 21/4

i didn't get around to posting yestrday's triggers in advance.
came back from HuaHin, set my trades and dashed out to the pub to bid farewell to a mate. so i was naturally happy to see that the breakout Short from 856 was so successful :)

today's triggers will be: ...............................I've recently been following YM M9 too:

853.25 breakout Long ......................................................7980

843.0 reversal Short ........................................................7895

823.0 reversal Long .........................................................7745

812.755 breakout Short ....................................................7660

i didn't get around to posting yestrday's triggers in advance.
came back from HuaHin, set my trades and dashed out to the pub to bid farewell to a mate. so i was naturally happy to see that the breakout Short from 856 was so successful :)

today's triggers will be: ...............................I've recently been following YM M9 too:

853.25 breakout Long ......................................................7980

843.0 reversal Short ........................................................7895

823.0 reversal Long .........................................................7745

812.755 breakout Short ....................................................7660

Levels for the long yesterday were on the money!

Hope you played the ES long! Payday trade!