ES tonight

well it worked out in the end ...

... i just set my safety stop too close

so ended up +1 +2 -1
instead of +1 +2 +6 (n)

update: well the 15M KC reversal seems to have worked out ok in the end, particularly when bouncing off key SR/PPs

Attachments

• ES 9 feb KC update update.jpg
    ES 9 feb KC update update.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 153
  • ES KC 9 feb worked out ok in the end.jpg
    ES KC 9 feb worked out ok in the end.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
experimental setups using MP data

the setups I've been playing around with using VAH and VAL as Hi & Lo values - there's something there, but it's not the same as my standard Kill Zone method.
But look at the accuracy of the extremes today, almost to the penny !

Attachments

• experiment 9 feb.jpg
    experiment 9 feb.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 151
ESH9 Daily 10 Feb

HKZ ....................
Breakout Long ........ 876.00
Reversal Short ........ 870.00
LKZ
Reversal Long ........ 859.75
Breakdown Short ..... 855.00

.................................................. ..............
MP set-ups using VAH & VAL:

863.25*
861.25*

* note how these have hardly changed from yesterday

Attachments

• ES 10 feb set up.jpg
    ES 10 feb set up.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 142
  • ES 10 feb MPVAHVAL setup.jpg
    ES 10 feb MPVAHVAL setup.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
short 861,
target 857

update: just managed to log back in after a power blackout. I see my safety stop almost got hit, but luckily held on for a winning trade +1,+2,+4

Attachments

• ES 03-09  10 feb first trade today.jpg
    ES 03-09 10 feb first trade today.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 141
  • ES 03-09  10 feb first trade today update.jpg
    ES 03-09 10 feb first trade today update.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
long 859.75 but still bearish so will keep it tight

update: stopped out, made +1, +2, -1 for net +2
not altogether surprised, I think I'll concentrate on Shorts for the rest of the session

Last edited:
HKZ ....................
Breakout Long ........ 876.00
Reversal Short ........ 870.00
LKZ
Reversal Long ........ 859.75
Breakdown Short ..... 855.00

10:22 Short from 855 triggered

10:40 update: well Momentum seemed to evaporate as soon as placed my trade. But price is now trading in a tight 3 point range. It will burst from here soon I'm sure, just don't know which way. I still favour the short side so will keep my remaining 2 cars open and maybe even add to them if there is a decisive move south

11:00 update: well it broke, but not the way I'd traded so stopped out for +1,-5,-5 net -9
will continue to wait for next short opportunity from 855 and go again but I'm reluctant to take the reversal long from 860 in the meantime

11:05 update: that was quick ! short again 855

11:07 update: +1 & +2 bagged. Runner safety stop loss moved down to 850 for guaranteed +5 but hopefully decline will continue

11:12 update: there is potential support at 845 - its the Reversal Long on the Weekly, but I'm more interested to see if price can drop as low as 836, the weekly breakdown short trigger - after that there's NO bottom !

11:21 update: stopped out at 850. just couldn't find a valid exit signal when it was as low as 843 so had to stick to the rules rather than trying to outguess the market (although in retrospect perhaps i should have paid more attention to the Keltner Channel reversal which occurred right at the bottom of that move)

11:55 update: i really screwed up there, re-setting my Stop too tight, missed that move to low 830s which I had even talked about earlier. idiot

Attachments

• ES 10 feb shorts in running.jpg
    ES 10 feb shorts in running.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
what kind of idiot...

.... trails his Stop, gets stopped out by 0.75cents and misses this huge move south ???

Attachments

• what kind of idiot.jpg
    what kind of idiot.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 156
01:00am - i'm going to place a resting sell stop at the recent congestion lows @ 832, plus a limit order to sell at 855 in case price rises, and I'm off to bed .....

02:28 update: short kicked in, looking for re-test of 817 area if poss.. but I don't think that will happen within today's cash session, so I might exit just before the close, put in a new sell stop just below and wait out any overnight bounce that may or may not occur

Last edited:
.... trails his Stop, gets stopped out by 0.75cents and misses this huge move south ???

same here mate. 80pts run up on INDU short, set freebie +4pts and stopped out in the spike when Mr.G made announcement. there were some re-entry points later but only managed to scalp.

too much like hard work

I've been trying to keep pace with notes for 3 of my trading "methods" -
the Kill Zones, the Market Profile Kill Zones and my recent addition, Keltner Channel reversals.
But it's getting too much of a hassle trying to update charts and trades here, in the middle of live trading.
So I'm just going to focus and concentrate in the journal on the Kill Zone method.

Why that one ?
Well basically it's one I developed over a period of time and feel more "ownership of".
Of course, that's rubbish, it's not proprietary in any way; it just feels like it's "mine".
And hopefully I've been able to introduce some concepts, such as multiple targets, re-entry, Stop entries etc that newer readers may have been less familar with.

To summarise, the trading methods that I use, concurrently, sometimes in direct contradiction to each other, sometimes on their own and sometimes in conjunction with others:
Kill Zones
Market Profile Kill Zones
Keltner Channel reversals
and my "main", regular methods:
TTM Squeeze TTM Squeeze Indicator
Toby Crabel ORB/Stretch
Stretch
ORB
Momentum plays with Pit Audio || Welcome to Traders Audio ||
and Opening Gap plays

(and I try to use most of these methods on Weekly charts too)

Please feel free to PM on any of the above if you have any questions. from now on, the journal will concentrate on Kill Zones only.

And, thanks for taking the time to read this journal....

ESH9 11 Feb Review

went to bed early but didn't miss much - the reversal long failed to trigger by a sliver

Attachments

• ES 11 feb review.jpg
    ES 11 feb review.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 141
ESH9 Thurs 12 Feb

tonight's set-up

9:27hrs update: nice start to the evening, short kicked in nicely

Attachments

• ES 12 feb set up.jpg
    ES 12 feb set up.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 140
  • ES 12 feb start.jpg
    ES 12 feb start.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
ESH9 Weekly

update: interesting how the KZ BDS*, once triggered, held back the Bulls and acted as strong resistance on the 3 occasions price tried to rise above 836

* Kill Zone BreakDown Short Trigger Entry Level

Attachments

• ES week  9-13  feb update.jpg
    ES week 9-13 feb update.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 666
thought it might be useful...

...to make a note of my exit criteria on the Short play earlier. Used 15 minute candlestick chart with Keltner Channel.
Once bar had closed below the lower KC channel, I put a Buy to Close order in at the high of the candle body

so Buys were in at 818, 817 then 815.50 as price continued to descend and bars continued to close below KC.
None of these Closes was hit until the new order at 813.5 was taken out for +9, making net +12 on the trade
Certainly not going to beat myself up about the 5 further points I missed, 'cos when price took out 813.5 there was absolutely no way of knowing that price would later continue its descent.
so, very happy, no complaints.

Not feeling well, so am hoping price moves back into Lower Kill Zone between 822.5 and 826.5 quickly, so I can set fresh orders and retire to bed.

Attachments

• ES exit (15 Min).jpg
    ES exit (15 Min).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 165
  • ES exit (610 Tick).jpg
    ES exit (610 Tick).jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 162