End of Day Dow forecasts

Pat494

Legendary member
I have been following the intraday Dow posts with interest. However unfortunately I haven't the time to do intraday trading so I will start an end of day forecast thread and hope others have a go. My modest record is about 60%. I expect you can do better.
My forecast for Monday is short.

Pat494 said:
I have been following the intraday Dow posts with interest. However unfortunately I haven't the time to do intraday trading so I will start an end of day forecast thread and hope others have a go. My modest record is about 60%. I expect you can do better.

I'd be very interested in this too. I'm not to sure there is much room for very short term down movement given the fall last week and the divergence between price and 14 period RSI on the 1 hour chart.

I would think about taking a long at 9700ish (assuming it isn't just tanking down) to chase a pull back up. I'm basically looking for a good entry point for a longer term short - I see the Dow in a clear bear trend with lower highs / lower lows.

I can see a possible down open on Monday followed by some upward pressure for the rest of the day. I wont be trading this but I do like predicting the next day. Having spent a lot of time looking at Tom Hougaard's market maps, I don't think it is such a crazy idea. He is able to forecast the next day much better than I thought would be possible.

Mondays one of those orange days (on the Short term delta....) :cheesy:

Pat494 said:

Wouldn´t stay short over night. Re-shorting the next day(s)? Keep an eye on the dollar. US brokers on the sell side (in Europe) as long as it evaporates. Also an eye on the NYMEX crude. Guess they will smoke out all longs next week sucking in shorts in order to rally election week or at least 1 or 2 days. The Trend (short term) will change in OEX weeks.
I see 9100 as quite possible in Nov/Dec. Some analysts are talking about Jan27th as a day to go long if we are looking around the next corner.
GL

Last edited:
Seen as Steve has seemed to lost interest in sueing me...
Here's a link for the ones new to delta...fairs fair as they say..... :eek: :cheesy:
http://www.activetech.co.uk/

Shame TheBramble is on his jollies.... ;) :) ))

.Are these bankers telling anyone about the Delta order? Not hardly! They have something that gives them an edge in competition with other financial institutions. They are not about to let anyone else in on it!

Last edited:
a320 said:
Seen as Steve has seemed to lost interest in sueing me...
Here's a link for the ones new to delta...fairs fair as they say..... :eek: :cheesy:
http://www.activetech.co.uk/

Shame TheBramble is on his jollies.... ;) :) ))

a320,

do you subscribe to this Delta Phenomenon ??

it has all the warning-bells about scams..
"greatest discovery ever made"
"secret knowledge amongst elite few"
"predicts market"

problem is, then the respected name of Welles Wilder appears !!

is it astrological, since I understand it can predict VERY far into the future ?

trendie said:
do you subscribe to this Delta Phenomenon ??

depends what you mean by subscribe.....I'm not a member of the club, but I do take a very close look at the methods jim sloman puts forward. It scratches on some esoteric theories but from my point of view misses one of the very core concepts with in the teachings of esoteric thought regarding duality of the moon....

Yes its popular.. even with some of the well know trading faces, :devilish: :) so its useful to be aware of imho

Attachments

• ASIazoth1.jpg
    ASIazoth1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 341
Broadsword
spot on with your forecast yesterday of down and then a bounce. I think it is a long forecast today for me. The lower channel trend line is close.

Bigbusiness said:
I can see a possible down open on Monday followed by some upward pressure for the rest of the day. I wont be trading this but I do like predicting the next day. Having spent a lot of time looking at Tom Hougaard's market maps, I don't think it is such a crazy idea. He is able to forecast the next day much better than I thought would be possible.

Mine wasn't too bad either :)

Looking at previous 26th of October's, I think we should see at least 30 points down at some point today but I have a stronger up signal for today. So I am cautiously long and might add if we get the 30 point fall. Only tiny stakes, so this is just for fun.

Small short overnight from the close. Looking for a down start to the day tomorrow. Not trading this one, just for fun.

Bigbusiness said:
Small short overnight from the close. Looking for a down start to the day tomorrow. Not trading this one, just for fun.

Went short last night at 9865. Hoping for a continued fall later today?

Low pole reversals

in many indexes & stocks, telecoms could rally, the overall trend is still down though. <9900-9950 IMO

BB
Right again!
Dj future currently -23. I am looking for a bounce from here, so long again.

ChowClown said:
Looks a smart strat there BB :cool: If you've been able to backtest, how does it stack up?

Cheers

I am not using a method that can be backtested in a conventional way. I have printed out 3 years of intra day charts and I am quite pleased with my results, when doing a manual backtest. I use several methods to determine the next days direction, nothing to do with indicators but based on observations I have made about the Dow intra day charts and some cycle methods.