Elliott Wave EUR/USD

Actually, the thought crossed my mind if you were using the pitchfork in that instance. It definitely resembled it, and I know you follow newbie's posts a lot.
I mentioned in our chat room that we had a few years ago that the ichimoku automates S&R's and Tl's that otherwise you'd have to look for and take time plotting them. I am not a TL, EW, draw a bunch of lines on my graph type of trader, but it is amazing how it all lines up.
I remember when in 2007 when I was developing my methodology that would include the ichimoku, but was still pre-proprietary S&R's. I noticed how thing were lining up with Max's EW forecasts. My being the developmental process, I was afraid to pull the trigger, even in a lot of obvious setups, but I would do it on my demo. On a Thursday and Friday "The Great One" got 1,000 pips. I got 600 using the ichimoku on the same pairs he trades, but nothing on my real account. Still, it was a great experience. I learned how closely relevant the ichimoku and my S&R's are to the EW.

I just sold some euro with a 50 pip stop looking for the 1.2100 hopefully

Attachments

• EUR_06_23_2010_Hour.PNG
    EUR_06_23_2010_Hour.PNG
    33.4 KB · Views: 155
Hello JahDave,

Absolutely! Newbie is very proud that you had an open enough mind to try. It is amazing how all the lines line up :). I saw you draw another fork which I copied and drew a burgundy fork the Andrews way, using alternating high-low-high.

Great job first-timer! There are many rules of application and interpretation to gain the most benefit, but at least you have seen it for yourself. Now others can see I am not just making these lines up LOLOLOL...not that anyone has said so.

Keep up the good work!

I'm telling you this is very crazy the way it all lines up. Even better than that is the fact that my channel is Andrew's Pitchfork...LOL. I think newbie would be proud.

This is the one. Looks like there is a fork here too. I redrew a burgundy fork on your chart...don't want you to pick the wrong pivots. It is important to use highs and lows of swings, as the swing or wave generates the next swing, which the fork is projecting. You will see a big difference in the slope of the fork. Drew it by hand, so please forgive the lines if they are not exact.

All the best. You have a wonderful Elliott Wave thread.

Thanks for posting.

I just sold some euro with a 50 pip stop looking for the 1.2100 hopefully

Attachments

• JahDave.jpg
    JahDave.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 173
Dave, I thought my e-mail quit working. I'm subscribed to your thread, and I got no messages. LOL. I hope you're having a good trip.

I'll be glad to do that when I get back home next Tuesday. I'm out of state right now and away from my computer with all my charts on it.

Dave, I thought my e-mail quit working. I'm subscribed to your thread, and I got no messages. LOL. I hope you're having a good trip.

Hey Pipcounter, I had a nice 24th anniversary trip with my wife. It looks like I missed some fireworks while I was gone. I'll catch up on the euro and post my charts.

Congratulations JahDave on your 24th anniversary.

Regards,

Hey Pipcounter, I had a nice 24th anniversary trip with my wife. It looks like I missed some fireworks while I was gone. I'll catch up on the euro and post my charts.

Congratulations JahDave on your 24th anniversary.

Regards,

Thanks Newbies,

Here is my Euro 1 hour chart. If you will notice I have added Andrews pitchfork as an easy and accurate way to draw channels, thanks to newbies thread. The Elliott wave Theory book recommends using fibonacci levels and channeling in conjunction with wave counts, so I will be using Andrews pitchfork on my charts from here on out for my channels. Anyway, I think the euro has some more downside potential as you can see on my chart. High probability bottom targets are the 61.8 and 76.4 Fibonacci retracement levels and then the Euro should be headed back up for a while.

Attachments

• EUR_06_30_2010_Hour.PNG
    EUR_06_30_2010_Hour.PNG
    33.9 KB · Views: 191
Looks good JahDave. It should compliment what you have already been doing very well. Just to mention though that the Pitchfork is more than a channel tool, but if it works well for you that way, so be it.

Thanks for posting.

Take care,

FX4Newbies

Thanks Newbies,

Here is my Euro 1 hour chart. If you will notice I have added Andrews pitchfork as an easy and accurate way to draw channels, thanks to newbies thread. The Elliott wave Theory book recommends using fibonacci levels and channeling in conjunction with wave counts, so I will be using Andrews pitchfork on my charts from here on out for my channels. Anyway, I think the euro has some more downside potential as you can see on my chart. High probability bottom targets are the 61.8 and 76.4 Fibonacci retracement levels and then the Euro should be headed back up for a while.

Sounds like you had some fireworks on your own.
Hey, a little quick mathematics for you. (I did not cheat.). Assuming you got married on a Saturday, then your anniversay was on Monday.
I am tickled for you. You got EW going for you, and a wonderful marriage (That's what it sounds like.)
Great! I'll be waiting on your charts.

Sounds like you had some fireworks on your own.
Hey, a little quick mathematics for you. (I did not cheat.). Assuming you got married on a Saturday, then your anniversay was on Monday.
I am tickled for you. You got EW going for you, and a wonderful marriage (That's what it sounds like.)
Great! I'll be waiting on your charts.

The 28th would be correct.

OK everyone, it seems like I messed up last night on my euro call. I guess I've got some explaining to do. I hope I have learned a valuable lesson from this. I am going to put up a chart from June 21st because that was my initial charting 100% on my own. I went to Elliott Wave International last night for the first time in several months and after reading all of their free stuff and how everything has already begun the big crash I changed my primary wave count and went with an alternate wave count figuring I must be wrong. So as I said I hope I learned a valuable lesson about trusting my own charting skills and not listening to all the blabber out there about how you need to pay someone else to help you trade.
Now on to my analysis.....The euro will probably make it's first major high just above the 1.2700. I also think that my initial target I called for of the 1.3500 range will be it's final high for years to come (if it even makes it there). I am posting up my June 21st hour chart with my current hour chart. And if you are all wondering then yes I sold the euro and took a 50 pip stop last night, and missed out on a very big move up because of letting someone else influence my opinion and confidence.

Attachments

• EUR_06_21_2010_Hour.PNG
    EUR_06_21_2010_Hour.PNG
    35.7 KB · Views: 169
  • EUR_USD_07_01_2010_Hour.PNG
    EUR_USD_07_01_2010_Hour.PNG
    35 KB · Views: 172
Dave,
Part of the thing that makes you good is that you are honest.
Keep up the good work!
It's also clear you are right much more than you are wrong.

OK everyone, it seems like I messed up last night on my euro call. I guess I've got some explaining to do. I hope I have learned a valuable lesson from this. I am going to put up a chart from June 21st because that was my initial charting 100% on my own. I went to Elliott Wave International last night for the first time in several months and after reading all of their free stuff and how everything has already begun the big crash I changed my primary wave count and went with an alternate wave count figuring I must be wrong. So as I said I hope I learned a valuable lesson about trusting my own charting skills and not listening to all the blabber out there about how you need to pay someone else to help you trade.
Now on to my analysis.....The euro will probably make it's first major high just above the 1.2700. I also think that my initial target I called for of the 1.3500 range will be it's final high for years to come (if it even makes it there). I am posting up my June 21st hour chart with my current hour chart. And if you are all wondering then yes I sold the euro and took a 50 pip stop last night, and missed out on a very big move up because of letting someone else influence my opinion and confidence.

Thank you JahDave for those heart-felt comments. What you experienced is part of the journey. Every day and every trade we have to trust and have confidence in ourselves...ultimately. Trading is all about perspective. I say that because you can have two people looking at the same chart: one sees a move down and the other, a move up. How does one know who is seeing correctly beforehand? When you get to a point where you know you have developed a rapport with price movement, hold fast. Even if you are wrong with your own approach, you can usually figure it out and get right back in step. Following someone else blindly many times leaves us in no-man's-land, with no way to get back to where we know we should be.

I appreciate very much your humility in sharing. Keep on going because what you have that is tried and tested by your eyes and experience will continue to guide you through your next trade...and the next...and the next.

All the best and enjoy your Independence weekend...in more ways than one...if you are in the US that is :).

Take care,

FX4Newbies

Thanks for the very kind comments gentlemen and I shared because I wanted to help other traders avoid the mistake of following others blindly as Newbies said. Anyway if you look at my june 21 chart you can see that the price was very close to matching my b and c wave targets. That is because I used fibo to predict all the moves and as is usually the case price reversed on solid fibo levels.

A quick note on the chf. I think it is ready to reverse. It was already in the fifth wave going down and as you can see on the chart it made a thrust through the support line. This is a very reliable indicator in itself that this is the very final push down before a substantial move the other way. Also the price is sitting on good fibonacci support right now and the completed or almost completed fifth wave just adds more evidence for a reversal. Longer term the price should top out at about 1.1200 and then go down to the 1.02 area. After that comes the exciting part because it will have potential to make the 1.4000 area (not a typo 4000 pips or so but that will not happen for a quite a while).

Attachments

• CHF_07_01_2010_Hour.PNG
    CHF_07_01_2010_Hour.PNG
    42.3 KB · Views: 170
  • CHF_07_01_2010_Hour_Shorter.PNG
    CHF_07_01_2010_Hour_Shorter.PNG
    38.2 KB · Views: 201