Dow End of Day Signalling Service

Yep IG has a trailing stop facility - you have to go to My Account, Settings then Preferences to set "Allow Trailing Stops."
I have a 4 point spread with IG from 2.30 pm to 9pm then 6 points outside of these times.
QUOTE]

Mmmmm, no trailing stops option on mine. There must be different types of account.

Just found out you can open 2 tickets at the same time so assuming they keep the same numbers for stop, limit etc, you can fill the tickets in and just wait for the entry numbers, might save a few seconds.

Yep IG has a trailing stop facility - you have to go to My Account, Settings then Preferences to set "Allow Trailing Stops."
I have a 4 point spread with IG from 2.30 pm to 9pm then 6 points outside of these times.
QUOTE]

Mmmmm, no trailing stops option on mine. There must be different types of account.

Just found out you can open 2 tickets at the same time so assuming they keep the same numbers for stop, limit etc, you can fill the tickets in and just wait for the entry numbers, might save a few seconds.

Got the long entry right at the price they said, we'll see what happens!

Got my 30 aswell!

It does appear that the overnight scalp is the more reliable strategy at the moment, in terms of the percentage of winning trades v losing trades in the couple of months or so I have been following them. In saying that I am still up on the swing trades. I think it's psychologically easier to follow the overnight scalp because you can't keep checking on its progress as you're asleep!

Hopefully the daytime scalp gets somewhere near the success rate of the overnight scalp - if it does I will be very happy!

Got my 30 aswell!

It does appear that the overnight scalp is the more reliable strategy at the moment, in terms of the percentage of winning trades v losing trades in the couple of months or so I have been following them. In saying that I am still up on the swing trades. I think it's psychologically easier to follow the overnight scalp because you can't keep checking on its progress as you're asleep!

Hopefully the daytime scalp gets somewhere near the success rate of the overnight scalp - if it does I will be very happy!

Yes, If they continue to average 300 points profit per month on the overnight scalps, I would be seriously considering just trading those. I appreciate it is much to early to make a decision on the 2.30pm scalps, but risking 66 to gain 20, seems risky, especially when you take off the spread.

I have been looking at a number of systems over the last 12 months or so and most seem good initially and then take a dive (maybe it`s just me). I would rather have a system that consistantly gives me 200-300 points per month so over time I can increase my ££ per point.

My only concern as i mentioned earlier is their overnight scalps last year were nowhere near as good, hopefully the improvement is because they are better at it rather than it being just market conditions. It`s a shame there is no one here who has been with them longer.

Yes, If they continue to average 300 points profit per month on the overnight scalps, I would be seriously considering just trading those. I appreciate it is much to early to make a decision on the 2.30pm scalps, but risking 66 to gain 20, seems risky, especially when you take off the spread.

I have been looking at a number of systems over the last 12 months or so and most seem good initially and then take a dive (maybe it`s just me). I would rather have a system that consistantly gives me 200-300 points per month so over time I can increase my ££ per point.

My only concern as i mentioned earlier is their overnight scalps last year were nowhere near as good, hopefully the improvement is because they are better at it rather than it being just market conditions. It`s a shame there is no one here who has been with them longer.

2007 results for the scalps were still pretty good by any standards (provided we assume they are correct). Personally I like the scalps because they are usually done by the morning leaving me the rest of the day to trade my own system.

2007 results for the scalps were still pretty good by any standards (provided we assume they are correct). Personally I like the scalps because they are usually done by the morning leaving me the rest of the day to trade my own system.

I suppose 94 points a month isn`t bad, but 300 has a much nicer ring to it. I agree about the night scalp being less stressful, that`s why I would consider trading it alone.

A lot of traders are doing it because they enjoy it, i am doing it just to try and make money, so for me, the less time it takes, the less stressful and most importantly, the least amount of opportunities for me to `mess` with it the better.

250-300 points at £20 per point a month for 5 minutes a day would be very nice thank you very much.

Having said that, I am feeling stressed now because IG have just emailed to remind me my minimum bet is now 20p per point, that`s 100% increase from yesterday.......:D

Afternoon down bet scalp just won, now market appears to be on way back up - hopefully if the up bet gets filled that will win aswell!

High was 334 on Tradestation, maybe the spreadbetting platforms were a bit different.

I missed profit target on up bet by 4 points but closed it off manually at break even.

I've noticed that each of the 2.30 losing signals appears to have come close to the profit target - today's missing by 4 points and yesterday's by 2. I wonder if this has something to do with the spread and could be why they're asking us for feedback on these signals and advising that we only paper trade them? Also, like yesterday, both bets would have won if there was no stop loss!

From Mon - Fri my results were +20, -46, +20, +40, +20 = +54 in total

However on Wed and Fri I closed off second bet manually at break even. If I hadn't Wed would have been -46 and Fri would have been +40 so overall would have been +8.

From Mon - Fri my results were +20, -46, +20, +40, +20 = +54 in total

However on Wed and Fri I closed off second bet manually at break even. If I hadn't Wed would have been -46 and Fri would have been +40 so overall would have been +8.

Thanks, I think every system is going to struggle for the next few months (years). Scalps might be the best option, swing trades in this market are very risky.

Thanks, I think every system is going to struggle for the next few months (years). Scalps might be the best option, swing trades in this market are very risky.

Anybody got independent results from the official 9pm scalps?