Dow End of Day Signalling Service

This move up was strong. Much stronger than I anticipated.

According to my reading of Dow Signal's advice from Friday - their stops on their short position (250 points) have just been blown at 11795.

Well, I did previously warn that 250 points seem to be a lot of points to drop on one position.

Perhaps I start some signals of my own - any subscribers out there?

Perhaps I start some signals of my own - any subscribers out there?

If you can virtually guarantee me 70-100 points a week without me having to sit by the computer all day every day then yes. If only it were that easy.

Yes, blew their 250 point stop, possibly their worst losing run (in terms if points) so far. They like other systems seem to be sticking to shorting the market waiting for a `big one` to come along.

Last edited:
If you can virtually guarantee me 70-100 points a week without me having to sit by the computer all day every day then yes. If only it were that easy.

Yes, blew their 250 point stop, possibly their worst losing run (in terms if points) so far. They like other systems seem to be sticking to shorting the market waiting for a `big one` to come along.

Unfortunately I cannot guarantee anything!(Nor poresumably can anyone else)

I am not trying to boast - but since 9th July 2008 - I am up over 1200 Dow points (I currently play it via IG at £1 per point - so I am not rich yet.

I make mistakes too and keep quite tight stops and have been trying to perfect my system since 2004!

Last year I was up approx 3500 Dow points and unfortunately a friend talked me in to investing in a UK share (Northern Rock!) and I lost the whole lot in 3 weeks!!

Unfortunately I cannot guarantee anything!(Nor poresumably can anyone else)

I am not trying to boast - but since 9th July 2008 - I am up over 1200 Dow points (I currently play it via IG at £1 per point - so I am not rich yet.

I make mistakes too and keep quite tight stops and have been trying to perfect my system since 2004!

Last year I was up approx 3500 Dow points and unfortunately a friend talked me in to investing in a UK share (Northern Rock!) and I lost the whole lot in 3 weeks!!

1200 points in this market is very good.

I have looked at a few systems, some free and some not. Consistancy is obviously the key coupled with time required. Even if I had the time, I wouldn`t want to `have` to spend hours a day sat watching the screen, hence whiy I was looking at WDS which is an end of day service.

Their scalp signals have averaged 300 points per month this year, but were nowhere near that last year, not sure if they have gotten better at it, or it is just market conditions, which of course could just change back again.

I saw somewhere a service based on results, basically you follow the signals and if it`s a winner, you pay the agreed amount, if not you don`t. That way, the system provider gets paid more the better they are, unfortunately, can`t remember where I saw it or how it was set up. I think you paid (via paypal) at the end of each month, if you didn`t pay you were off the list, or something along those lines.
Seemed like a good idea, at that time I wasn`t in the market for a system so didn`t look too closely at it.

If you are seriously looking at possibly offering a service of some kind and believe you can be consistant over the medium to long term, let me know.

P.S. I bet you are looking at a short sometime soon.......

1200 points in this market is very good.

I have looked at a few systems, some free and some not. Consistancy is obviously the key coupled with time required. Even if I had the time, I wouldn`t want to `have` to spend hours a day sat watching the screen, hence whiy I was looking at WDS which is an end of day service.

Their scalp signals have averaged 300 points per month this year, but were nowhere near that last year, not sure if they have gotten better at it, or it is just market conditions, which of course could just change back again.

I saw somewhere a service based on results, basically you follow the signals and if it`s a winner, you pay the agreed amount, if not you don`t. That way, the system provider gets paid more the better they are, unfortunately, can`t remember where I saw it or how it was set up. I think you paid (via paypal) at the end of each month, if you didn`t pay you were off the list, or something along those lines.
Seemed like a good idea, at that time I wasn`t in the market for a system so didn`t look too closely at it.

If you are seriously looking at possibly offering a service of some kind and believe you can be consistant over the medium to long term, let me know.

P.S. I bet you are looking at a short sometime soon.......

This is one volatile day.

I took a quick short at 11692 and bagged 40 points but am now unsure on what is going on - so I will see what happens for the rest of the day and review overnight.

After another profitable week (just) looking forward to seeing how the new daily scalp signal will perform.

After another profitable week (just) looking forward to seeing how the new daily scalp signal will perform.

I got stopped out on the last trade, must have misscalculated the difference between the cash dow and my brokers numbers. I was out and got stopped out by about 15 points. Went back in the mext day and recovered my 250 points so at least broke even.

Just wondering why the new scalp signal needs 2 alerts to be sent.
And did they mean 2.30pm GMT or BST.

Last edited:
4 more points to the upside and I would have been taken out but fortunately I stayed in, so manage to get 350 profit.

Would have thought that 2.30 is BST on the basis that is when is New York opens? Guess we'll find out tomorrow!

4 more points to the upside and I would have been taken out but fortunately I stayed in, so manage to get 350 profit.

Would have thought that 2.30 is BST on the basis that is when is New York opens? Guess we'll find out tomorrow!

Good job we exited. Futures up over 100 points, no doubt because of todays news from the US.

US government bailing out banks may be positive in short term, but surely it can't be good/sustainable for their economy in the medium to long term?

Be interesting to see what happens to the market once the presidential election is out of the way!

US government bailing out banks may be positive in short term, but surely it can't be good/sustainable for their economy in the medium to long term?

Be interesting to see what happens to the market once the presidential election is out of the way!

Just signed up for the one month trial (though no trade last night), its good that they offer a substantial free trial, I suppose you should know within a month whether or not you can replicate their claimed results. I see they are also launching a 2.30pm signal as well, will be interesting to see how that works out.

Just signed up for the one month trial (though no trade last night), its good that they offer a substantial free trial, I suppose you should know within a month whether or not you can replicate their claimed results. I see they are also launching a 2.30pm signal as well, will be interesting to see how that works out.

The scalp entries are quite close, yesterdays long had already been hit before my email arrived. I am assuming they place their orders then send the email.
Means members will miss some and so their results will be different, how different remains to be seen.
Obviously, we will miss some winners and some losers so maybe it will even itself out.

The scalp entries are quite close, yesterdays long had already been hit before my email arrived. I am assuming they place their orders then send the email.
Means members will miss some and so their results will be different, how different remains to be seen.
Obviously, we will miss some winners and some losers so maybe it will even itself out.

Is there a set time when they send the e mails or do you just have to keep refreshing it every minute or two until the e-mail arrives at whetever time that happens to be?

I'm guessing this is less of an issue for position trades but I was actually only interested in the scalps. At least we have a free month to see how these issues work out.

Is there a set time when they send the e mails or do you just have to keep refreshing it every minute or two until the e-mail arrives at whetever time that happens to be?

I'm guessing this is less of an issue for position trades but I was actually only interested in the scalps. At least we have a free month to see how these issues work out.

The EOD email can be anytime between 9-10pm, I have only been receiving them a short while but most have come by about 9.15pm, latest about 9.40pm. Apparently you have to adjust the stop and limit if you go in at a slightly different price.

The only 2.30pm email was sent at 2.33pm yesterday, by 2.35pm the long had been hit, it was a 66 point loser but not sure if their results will show it as such. The short entry was a 20 point winner. Both were a 66 point risk for 20 point gain.

Missed the take profit on this afternoon's down bet scalp by 2 points! Up bet won so down 46 on the pair today after making 20 yesterday. Wonder if a trailing stop would be useful on these bets?

Missed the take profit on this afternoon's down bet scalp by 2 points! Up bet won so down 46 on the pair today after making 20 yesterday. Wonder if a trailing stop would be useful on these bets?

Never used a trailing stop. Is it available on IG?

I seem to have a 7 point spread with IG, not sure how to try and factor this in. Set my limits today at 25 points.

They use the daily cash too, I was using dow futures (sept). Only a few points betwwn them but could make all the difference with such a small margin between success and failure.

Same result here trading the YMU08 on Tradestation

Wonder if the reason why they're suggesting we paper trade these new signals and give them feedback is so they can determine if they're profitable in real time and whether the signals arrive in time for people to action them, with the market moving pretty quickly around 2.30 when US opens?

Wonder if the reason why they're suggesting we paper trade these new signals and give them feedback is so they can determine if they're profitable in real time and whether the signals arrive in time for people to action them, with the market moving pretty quickly around 2.30 when US opens?

To be fair they did say this was a sort of test phase, the afternoon signals havnt been officially launched yet. Maybe theyll proceed or maybe they wont, either way I wont be using real money on them.

Never used a trailing stop. Is it available on IG?

I seem to have a 7 point spread with IG, not sure how to try and factor this in. Set my limits today at 25 points.

They use the daily cash too, I was using dow futures (sept). Only a few points betwwn them but could make all the difference with such a small margin between success and failure.

Yep IG has a trailing stop facility - you have to go to My Account, Settings then Preferences to set "Allow Trailing Stops."

I have a 4 point spread with IG from 2.30 pm to 9pm then 6 points outside of these times.
Just noticed that if I had no stop loss set, would have won both bets (as market dropped quite a bit since 3) but guess that's a bit risky!!