Dow End of Day Signalling Service

Good luck.

Which charts and time frame do you use?
I can`t find a Sept futures 4 hr chart on IG, just daily cash. Is it there somewhere.

On IG platform - click on prices and under US indices - locate September Dow and add to your watchlist.

If you then click on the September Dow tab - one of the options are quick chart and you can then launch a September Dow chart.

It has had a couple of tries at breaking 11700 unsuccessfully - hopefully it will hold today and the Dow will slip back down.

Thanks for that.

the quickchart only has 1 hour and I was after 4 hour chart. The advanced does have 4 hr but I can only find cash Dow and not Sept Futures.

Just tried it on the advanced chart on the September Dow which is in my watchlist and it launched the Java that contains the 4 hour chart as well as the hourly chart.

Not sure why you are having problems - are you perhaps trying it out on the September Daily rather than the September 08 Dow?

I will have another play, thanks.

As the sell price is a few points below the suggested entry (in tonights email), do I have to wait till the target number is reached or I assume I could set up an order.
As it`s only a few points I am tempted just to go in anyway.

Well, I suppose that if they are correct on the trade (and I hope that they are as I am positioned the same way!) then you could enter the trade even if it is a couple of points lower, but you may need to allow 60 points for a stop loss (assuming that the 50 points that Dow Signal allowed for indicates that they believe that 11750 is a resistance level) and take 20 points profit rather than 30 points.

My concern is that a few points can make the difference between a winning and losing trade as mentioned by Trade2excel earlier, 8 points was all it took to turn a losing trade into a winning one, obviously it could have easily been the other way round.

There does`nt seem to be any instructons on their site to assist new users, which would be useful. I have emailed them and asked a few questions.

My concern is that a few points can make the difference between a winning and losing trade as mentioned by Trade2excel earlier, 8 points was all it took to turn a losing trade into a winning one, obviously it could have easily been the other way round.

There does`nt seem to be any instructons on their site to assist new users, which would be useful. I have emailed them and asked a few questions.

Closed my open short position at the NY opening at 11638, bagging just under 70 points on the combined 2 short positions entered yesterday.

Am on the sidelines now - will watch what happens later.

Well done.

i went with an order which wasn`t triggered so have cancelled it. No idea whether scalp alerts are just for overnight or should be left (if not triggered) until the next days email.

That`s one of the questions I asked them but no reply so far.

The answers to the questions I asked are....

Yes, 250 points is their standard stop unless otherwise stated.

If a few points away from a scalp entry point, enter immediately and ammend the stop and limit numbers accordingly.

Thanks for the update on your questions.

I still question their logic for running positions with 250-point stop losses and their advice actually changed from going long to going short within a 48-hour period during last week, and yet both signals were with 250-point stops and none of the stops were actually triggered?!

Makes no sense to me - can anybody explain the logic of this advice to me?

If their advice can change so quickly without stops being triggered, then why have such wide stops in the first place?

Thanks for the update on your questions.

I still question their logic for running positions with 250-point stop losses and their advice actually changed from going long to going short within a 48-hour period during last week, and yet both signals were with 250-point stops and none of the stops were actually triggered?!

Makes no sense to me - can anybody explain the logic of this advice to me?

If their advice can change so quickly without stops being triggered, then why have such wide stops in the first place?

Shame we can`t find anyone who has been using them for longer than a few weeks. It would be interesting to know how their swing trades would have performed using a smaller stop, maybe 100 points.

Shame we can`t find anyone who has been using them for longer than a few weeks. It would be interesting to know how their swing trades would have performed using a smaller stop, maybe 100 points.

With all the bad news over the weekend with Gustav and Alistair Darling talking about the worst Economic environment for 60 years and with the Dow September futures being marked down this morning, I am "dipping my feet in the water" with a long position and buying September Dow at 11520 hoping for a bit of a bounce during the next 48-hours.

Am placing stops at 11470 - 50 points away.

Looks like my recent trading is taking the exact opposite position of Dow Signals - hey, maybe I can use their updates and always do the opposite - could be on to something now!

Well, your wishes came true!

My position closed out overnight at 11585 (lucky I was not to greedy and had programmed a limit of 65 points which it just reached overnight!)

It is back down at yesterdays' opening levels at 11515 to buy.

With oil down to under $111, I cannot understand the overnight drop - anyway, I believe that it is another opportunity, so I am taking the plunge again and going long on September Dow at these levels.

Have placed my stops at 11440.

Hoping for some bounce-back during the day and I will be out at around 11590 - assuming that bounce comes my way.

Wow! Just popped out for 30 minutes and came back to see my position from this morning already closed out for a 70 point profit!

I did not expect the position to turn around this fast!

Mustn't complain though....

OK. Looking now for the next opportunity.

Yes, well done.

Would you mind sending it back down now please.
I am sure that winningdowsignals and their customers would appreciate it too....:D

70 points a week would do me nicely, maybe I am looking at the wrong type of signals service.
Mmmmmmmm

OK - you have convinced me.

Am taking a small short Dow position at 11650 as I see that there is quite a bit of overhead resistance between 11660 to 11680 - looking for a 50 point + retracement and here is to hoping on "bagging" another few Dow points.

Stops at 11705:p

If I had any sense I would follow you,but that would guarantee a loss for both of us. Good luck.