Dealingdesk

I love the new layout and the ability to place a stop loss as you open a trade but I've got a major issue with the buy / sell windows - Basically when you set your stake size and stop / limit size they change, after a few minutes, to something completely different... In my case the stop keeps changing from 30 to 160 without me touching a button! Potential danger there I'd suggest!

Steve.
Hi Steve, the stop loss problem seems to have been solved, at least within an acceptable level. How is your overall impression trading with them so far?

The members of this thread sure don't like to get the discussion going. Come on guys, post your experiences trading with DD.

Yes I am kind of surprised that nobody is posting their experience trading with DD. No complaints really to bee seen on this thread, is it just too few trading with them or are the reason that most traders pleased with their service?
Getting confirmation that a SB is OK, at least for the moment, is just as important as reading all the negative stuff about SB. There are plenty about that going around on this forum.

Hi Gle - I'll talk to you. It will stop you talking to yourself :)

I haven't actually got anything to say though. People only (usually) come on here to moan & spread conspiracy theories. I've not had any problems with Dealing desk yet so nothing to say. But I should also say I'm not trading much either cos the markets are being a bit flat for my taste.

Hello GLE, I suppose it's a bit like the news, only sex and bad news sells.
It may just be as you suggest, those of us using DD have no complaints or issues with the platform. BTW I've just given them a heads-up on an IG thread and I wouldn't do that if I didn't think they were sound. I also think IG are sound too of course!

Yes I am kind of surprised that nobody is posting their experience trading with DD. No complaints really to bee seen on this thread, is it just too few trading with them or are the reason that most traders pleased with their service?
Getting confirmation that a SB is OK, at least for the moment, is just as important as reading all the negative stuff about SB. There are plenty about that going around on this forum.

Hi Jon and rwb, yes apparently the platform is working fine. I wonder why not more of CS clients starts trading with DD. At least if you are trading the indices, much better spread on the Dow and Nasdaq. I also find it, as said so many times before, the platform a lot faster with really good execution. I do not know if I am alone, but not a single "price no longer valid" message or any other kind of dealer intervention. I really like the user predefine stop loss feature, reduces the stress level in a fast moving market. It will be very interesting to see what happens when CS converts to this platform. I find the old platform (CS) to be out of date, and I am not to keen trading with them, as long as they keep hanging on to it.

GFT is another SB provider that attracts hardly any posts on T2W, but I know for sure they're not perfect! We have to assume that few people use them or DD. for whatever reason.

GFT is another SB provider that attracts hardly any posts on T2W, but I know for sure they're not perfect! We have to assume that few people use them or DD. for whatever reason.

i think that you are quite right there. Plus people know that DD is a LCG outfit so they are saying to themselves, same old, same old. And rightly or wrongly, same old tricks !

GFT have a very high initial deposit, so there is a reason for them not being represented that much on this forum. CS have a respectable numbers of clients so more traders should be interested to try DD out instead of CS, who had problems for some time. I do find that that people at the moment is less interested contributing to the threads, especially with good news about SB. I also guess, the summertime could be the cause for that.:)

Yesterday I got my first re-quote from Dealingdesk. Sooner or later I guess it had to come some kind of response from them in this regard. The re-quote came with a new price offer, this is something new compared to Capitalspreads. Capitalspreads have 'price no longer valid' message in order to reject your trade, without an option of a new price. The bad thing, is that DD froze the execution, and with a reversal in the market you might have been executed, resulting you ending up with bad price. The good thing, a re-quote still being able to get into the trade is to be preferred, instead of not getting into the market at all. However, you have to place special attention, that the new price given is reflecting the market movement. It is only fair to mention that the re-quote occurred during a news release.

Still, at this point I am very satisfied with the service given by DD and I am looking forward to continue trading with them, this is of course, if they can stay out too many re-quotes.

Yesterday I got my first re-quote from Dealingdesk. Sooner or later I guess it had to come some kind of response from them in this regard. The re-quote came with a new price offer, this is something new compared to Capitalspreads. Capitalspreads have 'price no longer valid' message in order to reject your trade, without an option of a new price. The bad thing, is that DD froze the execution, and with a reversal in the market you might have been executed, resulting you ending up with bad price. The good thing, a re-quote still being able to get into the trade is to be preferred, instead of not getting into the market at all. However, you have to place special attention, that the new price given is reflecting the market movement. It is only fair to mention that the re-quote occurred during a news release.

Still, at this point I am very satisfied with the service given by DD and I am looking forward to continue trading with them, this is of course, if they can stay out too many re-quotes.

Maybe you've been making too much profit recently and have been put on their hitlist?

I would have opened an account with them except because they are a LCG white label I will most probably be put on manual execution before I even execute my first trade.

I would have opened an account with them except because they are a LCG white label I will most probably be put on manual execution before I even execute my first trade.
I am not sure about that, have a go and see what happens and report back to this thread.

That really would be going against MiFID directives, so watch every trade very carefully and take screenshots so you have evidence if there's any funny business.

Last edited:
That really would be going against MiFID directive, so watch every trade very carefully and take screenshots so you have evidence if there's any funny business.
Yes, I agree, client discrimination is not allowed according to the MiFID.

When trading live on Dealing Desk, does anyone know what is the minimum trailing stop-loss distance that is permitted ?

Is it basically the same for all instruments or does it vary ?

When trading live on Dealing Desk, does anyone know what is the minimum trailing stop-loss distance that is permitted ?

Is it basically the same for all instruments or does it vary ?
Ordinary stops (not OCO orders).

FTSE 1 point
DAX 1 point
Dow 5
Nasdaq 5

As you can see it is very good. Nasdaq though is little bit too much.