Dealingdesk

Is Dealingdesk still in demo mood? The reason for me asking this, the spreads on the demo account does not correspond to that of the real live account. In fact the spreads on the live account is much better. Still one needs the demo account for testing and to have the same spread is good practice and an expected service by the SB.

Otherwise DD is performing well, but a warning here, as always with SB, it is risky trading during news releases (it can stretch up to a couple of minutes after the actual release), they stall the execution and you can in fact end up anywhere.
I also noticed they missed executing the stop loss a few times, during great volatility, but a dealer has manually closed the position correctly. In these cases I do not close the position myself (this is not meant to be a recommendation as I only refer to how I have acted in these cases).

Last edited:
Might have to give these guys a go! Spread on forex looks spot on and they bank with barclays which makes online fund transfers instant if you have barclays account.

Is Dealingdesk still in demo mood? The reason for me asking this, the spreads on the demo account does not correspond to that of the real live account. In fact the spreads on the live account is much better. Still one needs the demo account for testing and to have the same spread is good practice and an expected service by the SB.

Otherwise DD is performing well, but a warning here, as always with SB, it is risky trading during news releases (it can stretch up to a couple of minutes after the actual release), they stall the execution and you can in fact end up anywhere.
I also noticed they missed executing the stop loss a few times, during great volatility, but a dealer has manually closed the position correctly. In these cases I do not close the position myself (this is not meant to be a recommendation as I only refer to how I have acted in these cases).

I emailed them about the samething, they said "that's correct" so their you go.

At least they provide a demo account which is rather more than some SB companies, IG Index included.
I agree better than no demo account at all, still, now when they actually have a demo, the spread should be the same on both accounts. Let me take an example, Nasdaq rolling daily, 3 spread on the demo, 1 spread on the live account.

I really don't think that the difference in spreads between the demo account and the live acount is a major issue, unless maybe you are just scalping a few points here and there.

When I use a demo account, it is simply to see whether, in principle, the strategy that I am testing is viable or not. The spread is not relevant to this.....the issue is whether my strategy works or not.

I really don't think that the difference in spreads between the demo account and the live acount is a major issue, unless maybe you are just scalping a few points here and there.

When I use a demo account, it is simply to see whether, in principle, the strategy that I am testing is viable or not. The spread is not relevant to this.....the issue is whether my strategy works or not.
Who said it is a major issue. Don't get me wrong, so far I find DD to be among the best SB around. I only find it odd they are not correcting such a minor fault in their demo platform.

Who said it is a major issue. Don't get me wrong, so far I find DD to be among the best SB around. I only find it odd they are not correcting such a minor fault in their demo platform.
gle101 I really like DD especially their bracket order feature that works. Not being able to make bet like 25.52 or 51.75 is a bit of a problem at times as I like to increase my bet sizing in .25 and not 1.00 at a time as this is really highly leveraged securities we're dealing with here. I know it doesn't seam like much but it REALLY is.

But that said of all the SB co's I've used I keep coming back here, DD demo is all but a few seconds behind the real trade not lagged by 15 min also It would be nice if it listed all the securities available in the demo as on their main platform like WS and a few other demos as this would be really helpful testing out EOD shares systems but that's what we got I guess.

Although I still use real brokers and ECN's I find spreadbetting an excellent way to test out the behavior of system with real money that I feel a demo account just doesn't give you and with account sizes of less that 25,000.00 for the big boys this style of betting/trading is ideal for me.

Soon I hope they will have this disconnections and lock-up issue sorted it is getting better everyday.

gle101 I really like DD especially their bracket order feature that works. Not being able to make bet like 25.52 or 51.75 is a bit of a problem at times as I like to increase my bet sizing in .25 and not 1.00 at a time as this is really highly leveraged securities we're dealing with here. I know it doesn't seam like much but it REALLY is.

But that said of all the SB co's I've used I keep coming back here, DD demo is all but a few seconds behind the real trade not lagged by 15 min also It would be nice if it listed all the securities available in the demo as on their main platform like WS and a few other demos as this would be really helpful testing out EOD shares systems but that's what we got I guess.

Although I still use real brokers and ECN's I find spreadbetting an excellent way to test out the behavior of system with real money that I feel a demo account just doesn't give you and with account sizes of less that 25,000.00 for the big boys this style of betting/trading is ideal for me.

Soon I hope they will have this disconnections and lock-up issue sorted it is getting better everyday.
I haven 't noticed a delay on the demo, at least not when it comes to the indices. Yes, DD have a good thing going, not perfect (no SB will ever be). The stop loss feature is great, and should be a standard feauture in all SB platforms. Have you tried OCO orders prior to news releases, if that is the case did it work? DD surprised me with a re-quote the other week, not much of that, very good indeed. I don't know why, but they seem to have a problem with the Nasdaq daily feed. CS will soon transform to this platform, and by that time I guess it has been solved.

Been looking at the DD site again. Does the live platform still give different spreads from those stated in the market info?

Been looking at the DD site again. Does the live platform still give different spreads from those stated in the market info?
One must still trade live with them to get the right spread. Nasdaq 3 spread on the demo, on the live account 2 spread. I have notice DD increased the spread on the Nasdaq from 1 spread to 2 spread on the live account, still 2 spread on the Dow though. Otherwise, DD is still performing well, besides a few issues with the price feed on the Nasdaq.

One must still trade live with them to get the right spread. Nasdaq 3 spread on the demo, on the live account 2 spread. I have notice DD increased the spread on the Nasdaq from 1 spread to 2 spread on the live account, still 2 spread on the Dow though. Otherwise, DD is still performing well, besides a few issues with the price feed on the Nasdaq.

Thanks, gle, but how do the spreads change out of hours? PaddyPower (LCG white label) gives 1pt on the rolling DAX until the US markets close, but 2pt on FTSE, 5pt out of hours. Meanwhile, the Dow is 3pt all day.

Thanks, gle, but how do the spreads change out of hours? PaddyPower (LCG white label) gives 1pt on the rolling DAX until the US markets close, but 2pt on FTSE, 5pt out of hours. Meanwhile, the Dow is 3pt all day.
DD out off hours is 5 spread on FTSE and 6 point spread on the DAX. They keep the spread on the Dow a narrow 2 point spread even out off hours.

DD out off hours is 5 spread on FTSE and 6 point spread on the DAX. They keep the spread on the Dow a narrow 2 point spread even out off hours.

Thanks again. Can't understand why CS and its various white labels have different spreads, or why DD doesn't even tell you what they are!

Is it my imagination. or has DD widened some spreads without telling anyone, eg Dow 3pt instead of 2pt?