Futures and Spread instrument mapping

stutch

Hi,
I don't know much about futures, can anyone tell me what is the equivalent instrument on a futures trading platform to FTSE ( UK 100 Rolling daily) and similarly the DAX.
These are listed on Tradefair which I think is a white label for Capital Spreads.

I looked at the Interactive Brokers listings and there are a large number of FTSE products and I can figure out which would match this.

What I am really looking for is a spread betting api for automatic trading but I can't find one, so I am looking at the futures markets instead.

I'd be grateful for any advice or cautionary remarks with respect to futures and spread betting differences.

TIA

The FTSE Futures is traded on the Euronext LIFFE.

As for API/Auto trading, take a look at Smart Live Markets, FXCM and GFT as they all offer trading on Metatrader (MT4).

... can anyone tell me what is the equivalent instrument on a futures trading platform to FTSE ( UK 100 Rolling daily) and similarly the DAX.TIA

I think most SB firms take the nearest quarterly stock index future and subtract an offset equivalent to the currency interest rate (£ or €) for the number of days from that trading day until the futures contract settlement date. This allows them to calculate a continuous price in line with the futures contract (since the cash index might only be recalculated at intervals a few seconds apart).