Dealingdesk

i remember u said this b4 :
Yes the later is to be preferred. But I guess you cannot have it all. The solution LCG have come up with regarding stop loss, takes a lot of stress out of trading.

I honestly don't understand what you are meaning?

sorry , b4 when we ( me and others as well ) mentioned this feature at IG and how it makes trading easier , u didnt agree and u said i want totally predefined stoploss ...
Now u r very happy with the feature with DD ...

sorry , b4 when we ( me and others as well ) mentioned this feature at IG and how it makes trading easier , u didnt agree and u said i want totally predefined stoploss ...
Now u r very happy with the feature with DD ...
Then I have misunderstood IG's stop loss. If you can predefine the stop loss, before clicking on the trade button, then it is quite ok.

GLE, do you happen to know if this is DD's intention to revert to the default value or is it a glitch that they will eventually fix?
Otherwise much to be said in their favour with the new layout and no other problems so far.

Yes, I can also confirm, the user defined stop loss can change back to the default value, this without clicking on a button whatsoever. Otherwise, very fast platform and instant execution. I haven't noticed any slippage.

GLE, do you happen to know if this is DD's intention to revert to the default value or is it a glitch that they will eventually fix?
Otherwise much to be said in their favour with the new layout and no other problems so far.
I think they will fix this problem. No use of offering this kind of service without it working properly. It is a server side parameter problem, very easy to correct for the programmers at the company, who are in charge of the platform.

Thanks GLE, we'll just have to keep an eye on the stops when trades are confirmed until it's fixed, no great hassle.
rgds.

I think they will fix this problem. No use of offering this kind of service without it working properly. It is a server side parameter problem, very easy to correct for the programmers at the company, who are in charge of the platform.

Thanks GLE, we'll just have to keep an eye on the stops when trades are confirmed until it's fixed, no great hassle.
rgds.
Yes, I always check that the correct stop is actually in place.

Hi gle. Do you know if the executions are instant no matter what your stake size is? for example if you are betting 50GBP a point will the system still work in exactly the same way as when you are betting 1GBP a point. Thanks.

Hi gle. Do you know if the executions are instant no matter what your stake size is? for example if you are betting 50GBP a point will the system still work in exactly the same way as when you are betting 1GBP a point. Thanks.
I actually don't know. According to Simon there is no referral to a dealer on the new platform that DD is using. I guess you just have to try them out to see how they are executing a higher stake.

...Not until someone starts winning, anyway.
If you're trading some of the indices I see no reason at the moment trading with CS. DD have better spread and execution on Dow and Nasdaq. We will know in a couple of month if DD will continue offering a good service. Hopefully CS will convert to the new platform very shortly.

How are you guys doing trading with Dealingdesk? What about slippage and "price no longer valid"? Have you had any other problems besides the default value on the stop loss changing?

I have no problems anymore with user predefine stop loss changing back to default value. They have taken away the function of separating the dealer ticket window from the main frame of the page. The value can change back if you open more than one dealer ticket window. I am using Opera browser.

we were noticing some latency on the tear off if a client loaded his pc up to 100pc (actually a client warned us) ... so it has been removed while further work is done

all the other tear offs are still live

Simon, One other very minor point to bring to your attention with DD. When the full screen is minimised, say to half width then the scroll bar on the bottom of the panel doesn't adjust accordingly meaning that the hidden half of the page can't be accessed. As I say it's a relatively minor point but perhaps you could look into it. thanks.

we were noticing some latency on the tear off if a client loaded his pc up to 100pc (actually a client warned us) ... so it has been removed while further work is done

Yes I can imagine. If you bring back the tear away feature later on would be a good thing, perhaps with some limitation on how many dealer ticket windows can be open simultaneously. Otherwise, so far excellent execution and great platform performance. Keep up the good work.

Simon, One other very minor point to bring to your attention with DD. When the full screen is minimised, say to half width then the scroll bar on the bottom of the panel doesn't adjust accordingly meaning that the hidden half of the page can't be accessed. As I say it's a relatively minor point but perhaps you could look into it. thanks.

This is also happening on the Capital Spreads platform and I believe the scroll bar is absent both at the bottom and on the right hand side when the web page is reduced to less than full size. This started after the last CS upgrade.

Any comments, Simon?