Dealingdesk

This was the message posted on the Goldline members area in Feb:

Please be aware as of Monday 2nd February, Southgate publishing Ltd, the company responsible for the Goldline system and commodity Trader is no longer trading.
Because of the massive volatility in the markets this last 12 months, members have found that they required increasing capital to place the signalled trades on both programs. We understand that for most users, this became impracticable and as result they stopped using the program.
This, coupled with the uncertainties of the current economic climate has seen a further and significant reduction in our member user base.
As a result, we have found the numbers of members choosing to renew their subscription dramatically reduced over the last 12 months to only now a small handful. We made a conscious decision to stop taking on new members last year in response to the significant effect of volatility.
As a result of this, Gerry Lannen left the company last year, while Sarah provided support to our members. We were happy to maintain things hoping for an improvement, however the number of active members has fallen to such a low level now, as to no longer make it viable to continue with her wages or office costs and Southgate Publishing Ltd was running at a loss, being supported by it’s directors.
Sadly, we see no imminent change to this situation, with the business no longer viable so have had to let Sarah go and to cease trading.
I have no joy in writing this as anyone who had dealings with Sarah and Gerry will appreciate how committed to the business and to our members they were. alternatives to closing have been explored, but harsh economic realities have dictated this unfortunate but necessary action.
Mark Harniman the Director of Southgate publishing is now concentrating on his personal trading activities and will be happy to receive communication from anyone who wishes to follow this up. He can be reached at [email protected].

Basically their system took a tanking when the volatility kicked in, taking a few customer accounts with it, imo.

Last edited:
This was the message posted on the Goldline members area in Feb:

Basically their system took a tanking when the volatility kicked in, taking a few customer accounts with it, imo.
I don't know anything about this company or how they have performed in the past. The white label outfit Dealingdesk is, under the umbrella and protection of London Captital Group Ltd. There is no guarantee how long these white label operations will stay in business, but as I understand it, all the clients accounts are secured by LCG.

Oh, don't me wrong I'm not suggesting that due to Goldline folding that DD will do the same.

I imagine the people behind Goldline who setup this white label will get commisions on new accounts/trades made etc, so I agree that it's probably quite lucrative for them.

I like the DD platform, and I feel confident that my cash is "secure" with LCG.

Oh, don't me wrong I'm not suggesting that due to Goldline folding that DD will do the same.

I imagine the people behind Goldline who setup this white label will get commisions on new accounts/trades made etc, so I agree that it's probably quite lucrative for them.

I like the DD platform, and I feel confident that my cash is "secure" with LCG.
Same here, so far I must say, I am very satisfied with their performance.

1 pip from the current price, on OCO order around 4 pips it seems. I will ble glad to answer questions on the DD thread, as this thread is dedicated to VDM.

ok thanks , what about orders for US Oil and Goldman sachs please ...

ok thanks , what about orders for US Oil and Goldman sachs please ...
US Oil about 0.5 on each side for orders, spread 0.6. On Goldman around 0.7 on each side for orders, the spread is variable. I think you have to sign up for the live account, to find out exactly. The demo does nor represent the live account, the spread differs on some instruments on the demo account.

Thanks gle , Goldman u mean 7 cents not 70 cents ofcourse

Like The Spreads But Each Time I Open A Chart Theres A Couple Of Moves And Then It Freezes.anyone Else Suffer With This

It Seems To Be Running Ok Now.must Have Just Been One Of Those Days.anyway Thanks For The Reply,cheers

The DD platform has been upgraded with a new look. I noticed you can set predefine stop loss and limit target. This is very good news and good thinking by LCG.

I love the new layout and the ability to place a stop loss as you open a trade but I've got a major issue with the buy / sell windows - Basically when you set your stake size and stop / limit size they change, after a few minutes, to something completely different... In my case the stop keeps changing from 30 to 160 without me touching a button! Potential danger there I'd suggest!

Steve.

I love the new layout and the ability to place a stop loss as you open a trade but I've got a major issue with the buy / sell windows - Basically when you set your stake size and stop / limit size they change, after a few minutes, to something completely different... In my case the stop keeps changing from 30 to 160 without me touching a button! Potential danger there I'd suggest!

Steve.
Yes I noticed this, the default value comes back after using your own stop loss. But I haven't noticed it changes back unless being traded. A cookie would set the same value for all the instruments, and that would be a security issue as well. If you could have a cookie for a particular instrument, it would solve the issue. Otherwise I agree, a great upgrade and it seems they have listen a lot to traders input.

Last edited:
I have noticed DD can miss executing the stop loss during great volatility, like today during the Employment report. I think it is very important that one doesn't close down the position manually. A dealer have manually corrected two positions for me after a minute or so. This is something they have to work on as it is a big security risk.

Steve.
Yes, I can also confirm, the user defined stop loss can change back to the default value, this without clicking on a button whatsoever. Otherwise, very fast platform and instant execution. I haven't noticed any slippage.

The DD platform has been upgraded with a new look. I noticed you can set predefine stop loss and limit target. This is very good news and good thinking by LCG.

i remember u said this b4 :

Ok, I understand. No, a user predefine stop you set in pips, ticks, points or amount, probably in your account
settings or options. and you don't have to think about it, when you go into a position.