DB an Geo's Smallcap Smorgasbord

been away today...can't believe we're still trying to test the 5300.

INGG still sitting at break even...could have sold for + 10% this morning but i'm holding out for at least + 20%.

good morning all

hoping you all had a nice w/e mine was working "knocking" olives down... later today will collect the oil (the most important it is to get the olives "crashed" within the 24 hours otherwise they lose some goodness and take an acidity.... but this is o/t nothing to do with trading..... sorry I won't talk any more but IMO it would give you a better knowledge on how to make oil "the real one" and how to recognised in the shop..... I like to say something interesting to you that not many tell you..... the oil I make it is 100% real extra virgin oil (first press) that you can't find in the market/shops... not because I make it "there is many small private produces like me" 1litre of my oil can make a refined 10litres in the market and be within the law (never understood why they call it extra virgin oil!!!!! well yes I know it but I can't post on a forum)

just to give some info few years ago I wrote a full olive oil story on an on other forum

ok enough about my oil let get into trading :)

I decided to hold PXS IMO it still on a "buy" trend closed 10.25 (high volume) support at +/- 8.10 and resistance around 12 .... I will play on those line

I haven't found any info on INGG or PDF (this one could be worth putting few ££ and forget it for a year... they could double ;)) JMO but worth to look into it diamond price going up!!!
I read this few days ago
Pangea DiamondFields says last week's sale of stones from its Cassanguidi Project in Angola delivered an improvement in rough diamond prices.

The sale of 1,964 carats yielded an average price of $147.50 per carat.

This was 82% of the company's target price of $180 set before the fall in diamond prices and above the currently budgeted level of 70% of the target price.

Chief executive Boris Kamstra said, 'The price obtained for this parcel represents a significant improvement in rough diamond prices in Angola, adding credence to our expansion of this project.

'Our team on the ground is making good progress toward bringing this project to full production despite seasonally adverse weather and the usual logistical challenges. At present, the project is still on track to be at full capacity by the year end.'

keep an eye on EME drilling results... was moving the other day

have a good day

UK;
Rightmove House prices
-1.7% Vs Previous 2.8% (M/M)
1.6% Vs Previous 0.2% (Y/Y)
Sellers have started to reduce their asking prices as demand continues to fall.

UK Companies continue to find it hard to obtain credit as banks STILL withholding loans, 33% said credi less accesible compared with 20% five months ago.

UK employers planning to freeze wages for second year in a row (50% of)
CBI employers survey found 47% will freeze pay at their next review.

Asia;
Nikei up 0.2%
Toyota: Recall 4 million cars in the US for gas pedals
Sony: No sign of recovery of the consumer (Co executive)
Mitsubishi: Plans to boost capital by 1 trillion (JPY) in public offering.
Hitachi: Plans to raise 4.5 Billion (USD) by issuing new shares

US
S&P 500 +0.57% (FRI)

UK:
Banks: Financial services bill, introduced on Wednesday, will hand responsability to the FSA to clamp down on excessive bonuses that encourage too much risk taking. 'Living wills' are to be applied next year on banks to ensure they can be wound down without disrupting the entire financial system.

Miners: The worlds TOP gold mining companies have warned global production of the precious metal is likely to resume a long-term decline in coming years ( REDUCED SUPPLY!)

GlaxoSmithKline; Aims to reduce by 2/3 the amount of waste it produces

RBS: Under attack after Unions and MP's slam a GBP 360 million loan to Kraft (Kraft loaning more money to increase bid for Cadburies???), Claiming that the bank is not acting in the best interests of the UK. It is buying loands held by foreign banks to meet government targets.

Lloyds Banking: Plans to raise capital by selling new shares.

Xstrata: Possible reverse takover

Cadbury: Krafts offer 'In comtempt of the markets expressed view'

British Land: Expect to rise, after first quarterly increase in property values since June 2007

Pearson: Preparing to rejoin the battle for Santillana (USD 1.4 billion textbook publisher)

Rolls Royce: Won contract with Air China worth 1.5 billion to supply engines to 20 of its airbus aircrats. AND won a 480 million deal to provide Ethiopian Airlines with egines for its new Airbus A350 planes

Deutsche Bank upgrades BA to hold from sell.

hey GX, thanks for that bit of economic news!

plz feel free to post/contribute anything you like that bears any relevance to uk equities.

Good thread guys. Happy to see a bit more action on the UK equities board.

My favourite trading stock recently has been Taylor Wimpey - TW. It has been acting very nicely with some big moves up and down. It has plenty of liquidity and a very narrow spread.

I am now long again from 41 as it has recently bounced from the 200SMA and now broken out from a short-term downtrend with a succesful test of the downward trendline (which is when I entered). RSI is also confirming bullish behaviour.

Stop is below recent swing low at 39, 1st target is a test of the upward channel trendline from the lows in March, around 47-48. 2nd target is another test of this years highs at 55.

Would welcome any comments on my set up.

p.php

glad to have you here pokerbrat!

nice setup.

inside the channel looks like a bullflag with 2 wave extensions.

top marks for waiting for the confirmed breakout too...(wish i had your patience).

as we use a similar chart setup (channels/patterns/RSI) i'll have a quick butchers at TW and see if there's anythng i notice that may be of interest.

geo would be a good person to comment on your setup PB, as he's handy at looking for bias changes.

having a very quick look PB, your setup looks great!

i'd say poss 46-48p as its dependent on the placing of the major up T line, which seems poss a little more subjective than usual.

ciao, have a look at Templar Minerals (TMP).

see what you think.

massive bullish osc div on the daily TF.

sitting in oversold on the weekly TF (not that this means a great deal as you usually ignore momentum osc buy signals in a down trend)...

sitting on ok-ish price support.

anyhoo...have a butchers...might be worth a blast.

Good morning all + welcome to Glad. and PokerB. nice to see new "faces" here :)

Dr:B ref:TMP
is a miner and as such when they strike “a find” they shoot up otherwise run out of cash (finance difficulty etc..) they go down …. + adding that majorities AIM (penny stocks) easily manipulated + de/ramped but if one get the right one it bring good profit…. A bit like the bio/pharma specially on the phase III

To explain it better what I mean look at this miner (USA) stock BNXR
On Wed 11th announced >>>> Brinx Resources is pleased to announce that it has commenced drilling on the new 2009-2 and 2009-3 oil and gas exploration programs at its Oklahoma Projects.
Yesterday news >>> Brinx Resources and Partners Make New Oil and Gas Discovery at 2009-3 Oklahoma Project
Open 0.14 closed 0.3350 +66.67% Day's Range:0.1350 - 0.24
That is what and how I follow to get some winners…. ;)

So IMO I look at those more as a "lucky strike"…. However quite correctly as a chartist you read a chart hoping to point at the right direction … to me as a “naïve” charter (can I say that?:confused:) it could go under a penny like it go to 2p I like to see more what they are doing (present +future+ ratio of finding etc otherwise I go on momentum/volume etc…. (not to confuse that with my scalping method…. otherwise I am just interested that the stock go up for few seconds/minutes)

I haven’t found much on TMP…. later today (evening) I will take a look further (now I have to go to my oil …lol) however as I see right now could be worth few ££ for a long holding (but as I said have to get more information) otherwise get on the wave for few ££ ride…..

Few links for further info
It look likes this is their main project in Brazil>>> Templar Minerals announces that following the completion of a preliminary technical report that its 100% subsidiary Paranaiba Minerals Ltd. (“Paranaiba”) will commence Phase 1
http://www.templar-minerals.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=28 + TMP official site

Templar maintains a 4.47% holding in Vatukoula Gold Mines plc (VGM)
The major asset of VGM is the Vatukoula Gold Mine in Fiji. (info from their site)

Yesterday a lot miner were green so brought up quite few with them…. One that I follow is WML.... I wasn’t present (at the right time) to get some today

worth follow URU (see the chart from Jan 2009)
although I don't agree what can be done with Uranium (A/bomb) but nuclear power is the cleanest, least expensive and most secure source of electricity (so they tell us but then destroying ourself with the "waste")... unfortunately in trading (or business) one has to be ruthless following money instead of humanity.... what world!!!! the shameful of a war is the rich of some other .... war is a business... how sad (n)
(sorry but couldn't help those last lines)

PS hope you can get some meaning to this post..... My English for this type of discussions is just!!!!:eek: pity on me it take a hell of a time to get some sense to it so put the right words and verbs ;)

ciao, your english is good, a lot better than our italian i'll bet!!

thanks for the info.

i'll have a look at the company's u mentioned.

a uranium minor that i watch is Uranium Resources (UZS). i can't find WML for some reason, won't come up on a search.

a very quick look at URU though ciao and i see a lot of bearish osc div on the daily/weekly TF's, which means the buyers are running out of steam. if you think it will continue in its uptrend, then it may be about to have a pull-back.

Thanks for your comments Dr. B.

I have had a look at TMP and at the moment it doesn't look like a buy to me. Even though it is oversold and diverging, I would like to see some change of bias in the price action, with price breaking out of its downward channel. IMO buying this stock now would be catching a falling knife. That's too aggressive for me.

My tuppence worth on the other stocks mentioned:

URU - looks top heavy and is range bound between 32 and 40, i don't see any trade set up here at the moment.

URA - a nice step uptrend, however it looks like it is running out of steam at the moment. Also volatility is very high, and looks like it can move 20% in a day, so this would be a high risk play. Combine that with the wide spread and for me this is more a speculative buy and hold, than a short-term trading stock.

I can't find WML either.

Thanks for your comments Dr. B.

I have had a look at TMP and at the moment it doesn't look like a buy to me. Even though it is oversold and diverging, I would like to see some change of bias in the price action, with price breaking out of its downward channel. IMO buying this stock now would be catching a falling knife. That's too aggressive for me.

thanks PB.

totally agree on the TMP thing. it's still a falling knife with a historical floor of 0.2p :)eek:).

there is massive RSI osc div on the daily. this current 1.2p price level appears to be a fairly solid historical support point too.

also, as i said, indeed it is oversold, but i never use momentum indicators in this manner when the instrument is downtrending, i'd only pay attention to the oversold if it was uptrending.

you can probably quite easily guess my risk tolerance is fairly high PB!

you can probably quite easily guess my risk tolerance is fairly high PB!

lol - good luck with that my friend. my fingers are still burnt from when i first started trading, so i tend to be quite conservative now.

On my current shortlist is this little beauty - LSE:GAS. Below is a weekly chart, which I like to use for these smallcap stocks, as the spreads are usually too wide to trade off the daily. So using a weekly keeps me out of weak set ups (hopefully).

Price is consolidating from its recent rally with the 50-week SMA now offering strong support. Notice how the bollinger bands are narrowing around price, indicating a strong basing pattern. I have highlighted the previous base to show how this can rally when it gets some momentum behind it.

I am watching this like a hawk at the moment. Volume has been declining during this base and I will be looking for a spike to indicate when the next move is underway.

I see plenty of room for another move up to 4p or even down to 1p, so a nice r:r available in either direction.

p.php

i've been watching gasol (GASL) for a few weeks PB.

i have 0.4p, 1.4p, 2.4p, 3.6p, 4.5p and 5p as S+R levels

Attachments

• gasol weekly.png
    gasol weekly.png
    12 KB · Views: 139
good morning all

last evening arrived too late (and too tired,,, not used to hard labour lol) to post or trading

sorry that code (WML wrong)) meant to be VML

VANE Minerals is a well funded developer of uranium and copper projects in North America. Utilizing a team made up of leading industry professionals the Company plans to deliver new resources during 2009 with the view to developing optimized mines with a low environmental impact.
their site>>>>>http://www.vaneminerals.com/

some info on project-drilling-objective yesterday news >>>>http://www.digitallook.com/news/rns...nal_Uranium_Drilling_Intercepts,_Arizona.html

btw I did mention URU on my other post but don't follow that because beside VML I follow URRE (Nasdaq)

HZM time to move up? DYOR

OVERVIEW
Horizonte Minerals Plc is an AIM-quoted international mineral resources exploration group focused on the identification, appraisal and development of gold and base metal deposits in Brazil and Peru. The Group is led by an experienced management team with over 50 years of combined experience in mineral exploration in South America.

Horizonte aims to become the preferred exploration partner for Major gold and base metal mining companies, in the region.
http://www.horizonteminerals.com/index.php

i've been watching gasol (GASL) for a few weeks PB.

Nice chart Dr. B. Looks like we need an acceptance above that 21SMA before we will see the breakout.

HZM - seems to have found support at 7.75. I would wait for acceptance above this level and a base to be built around 8p. Then trade any breakout above this.

VML - good example of what i will be looking for above - finds support, bases above it and then breaks out. I wouldn't buy this now, as missed about 15% of the move and that makes r:r no good.

IMM - I hope you are already in this Ciao!

Some good finds Ciao, keep them coming.