DB an Geo's Smallcap Smorgasbord

Hi Dr.B

Why 200? Because it's historical S/R going way back in time. T line has broken, but I am happy if price rertaces below the TL again. Often I see TL's break once, then retrace before the final breakthrough. Anyway, as Minch says, will have to wait for confirmation @ 200p.

No idea on the Iberia Vol point though, and oil is a mystery imho. Sometimes commentators are saying we will see $100, and sometimes £65.

Haven't started a new job yet. I had an interview with a local company, which I thought would be a winner, but they might not be prepared to negotiate on salary, so for now the hunt continues. Looking at Dubai as a possibility, well, anywhere that pays properly would be a good start :)

aah, i see mate.

re oil i meant do some of your analysis on crude oil, mebs see if you could get a handle on where you thought it was going yourself?

sorry to hear about the local job...hope you get something sorted.

have u been on WS's new site?

he's already set you aside your very own section on currencies!

I should mention I have got practically every trade wrong recently

mate, i am getting pwned left right and centre right now...all my companies are sitting on the margins of their stops...not good.

something i've realised is 'ignore the big picture at your peril'.

all hunky dory me making a few quid on these small caps when the FTSE (and all other indices) were in a strong up T.

but as soon as that ends, and the consolidation begins its 'bye, bye' profits.

the mistake i continue to make is thinking i can still trade at the same rate and in the same fashion whilst markets are in consolidation.

all the same old stuff really, i.e. having the sense to stay out of positions until the right trading conditions prevail.

aah, i see mate.

re oil i meant do some of your analysis on crude oil, mebs see if you could get a handle on where you thought it was going yourself?

sorry to hear about the local job...hope you get something sorted.

have u been on WS's new site?

he's already set you aside your very own section on currencies!

Ok, my analysis for Oil is it's going up :) But then, maybe down, with a little sideways stuff in between. Well, we need to see a firm break of 80-81 to go higher I guess, but I think it's doable.

WS sent me a pm about doing a little FX analysis, but to be honest I probably won't have time, and/or I'll just get it wrong :LOL:

I'll tell you what salaries are joke right now. Most of what is on offer for me takes me back to salary levels of 2000! Once I take out my cost of living, etc, it hardly seems worth it. Plus house prices are on the increase again, which aint too clever if you want to buy a place. I'm keen on Dubai, where I can comfortably earn twice the salary, but of course there's no guarantees it will work out. This countries a mess though, so I am keen to get out to be honest. Moan over! :)

you know when you said you were going to try equities geo i thought you meant trading real securities through a broker.

isn't SBing them roughly the same as trading FX, but, say, over a longer TF?

the reason i say this is, have you thought about not SBing and becoming a position trader (which i suppose is almost an investor)?

it requires much more fundamental analysis, but i'm sure that wouldn't be a problem for you to get to grips with.

it's one thing i've realised, that if had had more of a clue about investing (rather than trying to trade) i would have made much more money over the period of the year...and rather annoyingly, i imagine there are quite a lot of people who just buy roughly anything and forget about it...and still make more money than a lot of "traders"...

Looking to sell FTSE at around 5350 ish, target of 5300 - 4h Bias is short now.

Looking to sell E$ around 1.4920 to 1.4935 ish - target would be 1.48.

Looks like that FTSE call is out - market only managed to retrace to 5340.

isn't SBing them roughly the same as trading FX, but, say, over a longer TF?

Mostly yes I suppose, but the strategies are different, and equities are less technical I think. It's gonna take a while to work out a method that works with equities, just like it did with FX. Once I get there though, I'll be on fire all over again :LOL:

I wouldn't be an investor, at least not now. It ties up lots of cash, and you can only go long.I guess I could learn about the funnymentals, but I don't have time right now.

Pity about the missed entry Geo, you certainly got the call/bias right.

Yep, got the direction right for a change! break out the champers :)

Looks unlikely E$ will retrace to the levels I mentioned earlier, but you never know. I quite fancy buying it now for a countertrend trade, but I won't.

edit: 5300 could be an interesting level to buy the FTSE, good support maybe?

yeah i'd have 5300 as a real psychological level...a breach could mean falling back into the rangebound 5000-5300 area again.

I would be a buyer of Persimmon at 445 & Land Securities at 680.
Subject to price retracement and confirmation.

Arian Silver Corporation (AGQ) - 24% drop today. haven't seen any news announcements yet.

been in a trading range of 2.8p (its current position) and 5p since feb '09.

interesting to see if 2.8p holds now...failing this i have 2.5p then 2p.

2p is it's historical low from dec '08. could be curtains for this company as i believe they are running out of finance.

could see a potential (temporary/permanent) suspension whilst they sort themselves out.

or they could bounce at 2p if they're lucky enough to get some good news/data (or if they get a takeover offer).

Failed to find a new entry on E$ - closed FTSE for +5 - wooohooooooo! Right, back to equities, and finding a job.

Hey Geo, there's still some intraday life in the old dog yet, 2 wins out of 2, nice one. :)

INGG taking a beating.

to ditch or not to ditch...that is the question, whether it be nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of misfortune...