DB an Geo's Smallcap Smorgasbord

Many stocks look undervakued to me at the moment. I have shown them below with what I believe is a good entry price.

JJB - <13.5p
ABF - Good long term ideally in it already as it was trading 7-800p not long ago!
ITV - <50 p
YELL - <25p
HMV - <55p
SBT - <55p
WMH - <170p
Tw. - <26p

Unfortunatley with the FTSE being Bullish this week, I have missed the chance with many of these stocks due to lack of cash available! But hopefully as there are retraces in the market can pick those up at good prices again.

Many stocks look undervakued to me at the moment. I have shown them below with what I believe is a good entry price.

JJB - <13.5p
ABF - Good long term ideally in it already as it was trading 7-800p not long ago!
ITV - <50 p
YELL - <25p
HMV - <55p
SBT - <55p
WMH - <170p
Tw. - <26p

Unfortunatley with the FTSE being Bullish this week, I have missed the chance with many of these stocks due to lack of cash available! But hopefully as there are retraces in the market can pick those up at good prices again.

HMV is a tricky one - the business model isn't the soundest in the world but they are producing some profits so it depends whether you think they're going to be on the high street in the years to come?

Have you done any FA on these shares, P/E or is it TA based? ITV looks to be oversold at the moment.

Some I have researched in more depth than others to be honest - mainly looking at PE ratio as well as mkt capacity and results.

I understand what your saying about HMV however I got into them a quite a good price before the recent results were announced, and on top of this I believe Simon Fox is very popluar, experience and capable of pushing HMV forward.

In answer to your point will they be on the high street in years to come - I feel this totally depends on whether or not they sell new products in line with a modernising market. This doesnt really matter to me as im purely price trading it with spread bets trying to make 5-10 points each time and then sitting on sidelines for lows.

Any thoughts on LWB: Low and Bonar?

All depends on interims today.

A lot of debt + generally figures don't look good however from long term chart can see it has tradeed alot higher previously so if results are good could see a rise at least to 45p .

ITM Power PLC (small cap speculative play)
Results out on 30 Jul
Zero emission hydrogen fuel company supplying some major car companies like Honda, Hyundai, etc.
Also in talks with DHL, Stansted airport, etc.

Attachments

• SP32-20100729-080451.gif
    SP32-20100729-080451.gif
    32.7 KB · Views: 178
Any thoughts on the following, they look like some decent charts.
Tanfield (commercial electric vehicles).
Archial Group PLC (Architecture) - market cap may bit a bit too small on this one.
IGAS PLC (gas from coal seams).

Attachments

• SP32-20100729-193906.gif
    SP32-20100729-193906.gif
    168.5 KB · Views: 174
  • SP32-20100729-193958.gif
    SP32-20100729-193958.gif
    172.5 KB · Views: 183
  • SP32-20100729-194029.gif
    SP32-20100729-194029.gif
    189.1 KB · Views: 166
and like that *shazaam*...the thread comes alive again.

i just had a terrible dream, i dreamt that i'd been working ****ty office jobs, and that i hadn't looked at a chart for almost a year, and, and...

ciao, geo, minch...speak to me...where ARE YOU!!

i just had a terrible dream, i dreamt that i'd been working ****ty office jobs, and that i hadn't looked at a chart for almost a year, and, and...

They've retired rich from the massive small cap run since July. ;)

Damn that is a bad dream DB! lol

How's it going DB?

How's DMA going SM?

Damn that is a bad dream DB! lol

How's it going DB?

How's DMA going SM?

going ok geo, just sitting around wondering what to do, so i thought i'd have a look at all this stuff again, finally reading that robert fischer book of yours!

just ordered murphy's book on intermeerkat analysis. :cheesy:

read your post geo on WS's site from last year on your bias change FX method, remember that's what u were upto last time we spoke...you still trading/using that?

just opened a very small tester CFD position on Yell @ 13.9p

couldn't resist the positive MA territory + MA cross with the idea of a poss high volume exhaustion gap recently.

going ok geo, just sitting around wondering what to do, so i thought i'd have a look at all this stuff again, finally reading that robert fischer book of yours!

just ordered murphy's book on intermeerkat analysis. :cheesy:

read your post geo on WS's site from last year on your bias change FX method, remember that's what u were upto last time we spoke...you still trading/using that?

Still trading here, only FX, but pretty much exclusively on the daily now. I'm freelancing during the day, and got really bored with screen watching charts all day.

I observe the bias changes/trend direction, but it's not so relevant these days. What I really do is extremely simple. Just trading from weekly S/R levels, up or down, regardless of the trend, subject to the right kind of bars forming. It's about as simple as it gets I figure.

Have a look at FX Street, in the webinar section, and search for Walter Peters. You'll find a few vids which explain what he's doing, which is what I am trying to emulate. It's all going ok so far, though I am still learning the nuances of the method.

Chuck all the books away if you can (they may just be a distraction!), keep it simple. Sell the highs, Buy the lows, and have good money management. Infact good money management is probably the thing that differentiates the succesful from the losers imho.

Chuck all the books away if you can (they may just be a distraction!), keep it simple. Sell the highs, Buy the lows, and have good money management. Infact good money management is probably the thing that differentiates the succesful from the losers imho.

I thought I better expand a little on the above, because I suspect it could be seen as a slightly extreme opinion.

But if you think about it, perhaps it makes perfect sense? Most traders lose, 95% perhaps, and most traders are probably reading and using the conventional TA/MM trend following, MA, indicator based strategies. Most people are doing the same thing, and most people are losing! That's why I say chuck the books away :)

All I want to do is Buy when they Buy, Sell when they Sell. I'm not convinced I need to read much to really make that concept work.

Well that's my 2c anyway :)

I thought I better expand a little on the above, because I suspect it could be seen as a slightly extreme opinion.

But if you think about it, perhaps it makes perfect sense? Most traders lose, 95% perhaps, and most traders are probably reading and using the conventional TA/MM trend following, MA, indicator based strategies. Most people are doing the same thing, and most people are losing! That's why I say chuck the books away :)

All I want to do is Buy when they Buy, Sell when they Sell. I'm not convinced I need to read much to really make that concept work.

Well that's my 2c anyway :)

It really does come down to the fact that you need to win more on the winners than you lose on the losers - you can adapt a system to that principle and as long as the win ratio fits in, all good.