DB an Geo's Smallcap Smorgasbord

potential 3rd touch on this t-line was what i was thinking mas.

but you're bang on about the 5180...

Attachments

• FTSE tline.png
    FTSE tline.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 153
good morning all

I haven't trade so I stay away and getting ready to fly back to UK (too sunny here...lol)

just come in to post on the "brokers tread" the following (to worn anyone on etrade)
E*TRADE has decided to withdraw from the provision of local market trading services in the United Kingdom. As a result, and subject to your express consent, we will be transferring your account to TD Waterhouse, one of the UK’s leading online brokers.
I do use the etrade US (beside lately having some problem) I find very good and top platform etc.... but because of the above (closing UK) I think I might change the USA one.... financially they are not very solid!!!!
does anyone here trade with the USA one? would like to hear the comments thanks

have a nice day ££££ :)

hey ciao, hope you're well mate.

sorry i can't help you with this one, i use the share centre for UK equities.

you still in PXS?

good morning all

I haven't trade so I stay away and getting ready to fly back to UK (too sunny here...lol)

just come in to post on the "brokers tread" the following (to worn anyone on etrade)

I do use the etrade US (beside lately having some problem) I find very good and top platform etc.... but because of the above (closing UK) I think I might change the USA one.... financially they are not very solid!!!!
does anyone here trade with the USA one? would like to hear the comments thanks

have a nice day ££££ :)

I use Zecco in the US. Cheap commission and sometimes 10 free trades per month if you make 25 trades.

hey ciao, hope you're well mate.

sorry i can't help you with this one, i use the share centre for UK equities.

you still in PXS?

hello Dr.Blix
I have been busy so didn't had a lot time for trading (beside got problem with the trading brokers... looking for an alternative... difficult to open trading acc. abroad) and tomorrow I will fly back to England, it is too sunny here!!! lol

yes I am still holding my UK one and PXS till it double (wishful thinking) IMO every January we have a retrace so this year could be even more marked due to the economy but I am a positive person.... of course I wont let them go under my "mental" SL the margin is thinning out though :( ;)

take care

greetings from sunny England :)
beautiful day today.... then you lot keep on say it bad weather... ;)

hey ciao, you've come just in time for some more snow!

:LOL:...so far so good.... 2 beautiful sunny days....

I am cutting some trees so if you like some free wood you or anybody else are welcome ... give it away!!!!

:LOL:...so far so good.... 2 beautiful sunny days....

I am cutting some trees so if you like some free wood you or anybody else are welcome ... give it away!!!!

are you staying with your son ciao? that might be a bit far for me, otherwise i'd take as much wood off you as i could transport!! (one wood burning stove and one open fire :cheesy:)

Hey up Dr B...Sorry for not popping by since new yr mate..hope everything's buzzing on the Smallcap front and you are banking the profits :)

I have taken a step back from equities, concentrating only on FX..I have been testing different strategies with various timeframes.

When I have had the time..I have actively traded the smaller tf's..mainly 5 min and had a modicum of success followed by a modicum of failure..lol.

I have decided that the smaller tf's are not worth the stress and not my style...all you are doing is trading noise...overtrading, trying to catch every minor swing high & low.

But...the longer tf has proved, for me anyhoo, to be the way to go...(Daily - 4hr - 1hr),
keeping it simple...having the patience to wait for price to reach good levels of S/R & pivots (Sbr/Rbs)....all you need is a horizontal line on the chart to make money.

Have a look at cable on a 4 hr chart...I bagged 50 pips this morning by having the patience to wait and see if price was going to retest and react at the bottom of the prior Range/Channel....approx 1.6070 level...I bailed out at the 6000 level...which has now broke and price is still heading South as I write...I am still a scaredy - cat, when it comes to running profits..lol.

Anyway mate, it's a work in progress...but i'll stick with FX for now and see how it pan's out.

Good trading Blixey

PS...Draw a line across from the low of 21 Jan on Eur/Usd...see what price did there this morning :)

hey minch, good to hear from you mate.

yeah, stay away from those short TF's...drive you bonkers!

not much news on monday, hopefully have a light volume float up.

charts for what SM? FX/index/equities?

not much news on monday, hopefully have a light volume float up.

charts for what SM? FX/index/equities?

Any smallcaps really or FTSE 100 shares.
Still wondering about MKS as it had a nice trendline bounce and 200MA bounce but now seems to have negated that with Thursday & Friday's move.

good morning
where are you all.... holidays or snowbound? lol

I am back home arrived with snow!!!!! (Italian Riviera and South France):eek::-0

here is something for a Sunday reading....
SOVEREIGN ALCHEMY WILL FAIL
When we look at the world economy today, wherever we turn we see a wall of risk. And sadly this is an insurmountable wall with risks that are totally unprecedented in history. There has never before been a potentially catastrophic combination of so many virtually bankrupt major sovereign states (US, UK, Spain, Italy Greece, Japan and many more) and a financial system which is bankrupt but is temporarily kept alive with phoney valuations and unlimited money printing. But governments will soon realise that they are not alchemists who can turn printed paper into gold. The consequences of the global financial crisis are potentially catastrophic.
http://matterhornassetmanagement.com/2010/02/11/sovereign-alchemy-will-fail/

Speaking of which, what would be some useful things to look for in a stock screener?
There are various freebie software products out there now and this seems a good way to scan through many stocks.
Volume, valuation, profitability, price, etc.
P/E, near lows or highs, etc.

hello everyone (y)
very silent here? hope everyone is ok....

except few in/out (LLOY +BNP-Paris) I have gone back to day trading in USA only (no one is interested in USA equities here so I stay away ;))

have a nice Sunday and hope you made some ££££ and above all good health (y)

Any good stock screens to use for small caps? Small caps have to be value picks rather than TA based entirely...