DB an Geo's Smallcap Smorgasbord

i just had to post this chart, as i love these bizarre little events.

i set this trend line for altona resources last week, after re-reading a simple TA book that talked about taking trend lines, S+R levels from as far back in the company's history as possible.

so i drew this line due to the relevance on jan 12, jan 21, feb 25, aug 11, oct 12 levels.

also i liked the way it held parity with my 125MA.

after its joint venture news release, this is where it opened.

just a coincidence i know. but i do enjoy them non the less.

Attachments

• altona.png
    altona.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 132
i think i may be watching too many of these smallcaps...there are so many of them to choose from!

i should set a stock screener for my various smallcap watchlists. (i must have about 40 smallcaps in my watchlists)...

i have so many, i often forget about them altogether.

Hello all,
I've added Land Securities to my watchlist, price above weekly consolidating base and 50 ema.

Also Persimmon looking well placed for a recovery.

Attachments

• img_12585433395304.gif
    img_12585433395304.gif
    26.5 KB · Views: 153
hey minch, you have a good break in cornwall?

good breakout potential there...i like all the clean space before the nov '08 res.

Hello all,
I've added Land Securities to my watchlist, price above weekly consolidating base and 50 ema.

Also Persimmon looking well placed for a recovery.

whats the volume like on this mid oct rally btw?

hey minch, you have a good break in cornwall?

good breakout potential there...i like all the clean space before the nov '08 res.

I had a great time thanks Dr B, plenty of eating out and drinkypoos, had a nice meal at Rick Steins in Padstow, I took out a second mortgage to pay for that lol.

I had a great time thanks Dr B, plenty of eating out and drinkypoos, had a nice meal at Rick Steins in Padstow, I took out a second mortgage to pay for that lol.

hehehe...glad the 'cornish separatist army' didn't drive you out.

they've been firebombing more "outsiders" restaurants apparently. (and yes, i thought it was a joke too the first time i heard of them, but they actually do exist!!)

whats the volume like on this mid oct rally btw?

I don't take much notice of volume, tbh Dr B, unless its signalling a high-volume climax bottom or top and possible reversal, then I sit up and take notice.

hehehe...glad the 'cornish separatist army' didn't drive you out.

they've been firebombing more "outsiders" restaurants apparently. (and yes, i thought it was a joke too the first time i heard of them, but they actually do exist!!)

He he... I was hoping they would turn up, just prior to the bill coming.

You guys only trade small cap btw? And if so, how small capitalisation; Or just only FTSE smallcap index stocks ?

You guys only trade small cap btw? And if so, how small capitalisation; Or just only FTSE smallcap index stocks ?

for me personally its mainly AIM at the mo GX, the odd 250...mainly scouting for miners that may be in a position to make big moves during the recovery.

a bit like combing a beach for salvage after a shipwreck :)

Last edited:
BAY buy at 200 - 50% fib of recent swing on daily, 50 ema, and historical S/R level.

Or is it trash?

Attachments

• bay.jpg
    bay.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 139
looks good, why 200 though?

i'd have thought you'd want it to reject this T line (@ 206) for a confirmed break above it as an indicator of strength?

firstly the take-over of iberia will have shaken things up price wise, obviously thats what gave the price jump on the 12th...i'd be a bit worried that the volatility due to the merger news might make price a bit less predictable at the mo?

secondly, i think it would be good to have an idea what oil's doing.

i think its around $80 a barrel at the mo, if this is a res level leading to a fall (i'm sure i heard someone talk of a fall in oil), then you'd be in a good position in an airline equity. obviously a negative pull if oil is in a rally with $80 acting as support.

nice big uptrend though :D

where've you been btw!

have you started a new job now?

BAY buy at 200 - 50% fib of recent swing on daily, 50 ema, and historical S/R level.

Or is it trash?

Could prove to be a good area for a buy Geo, let price dictate and wait for confirmation of a bounce from this level.

Next strong support level at 180, and good example of Rbs.

Alcohol may cut the risk of heart disease by almost a third in men, research has suggested.

A study on people aged 29 to 69 found drinking could protect men from heart disease regardless of whether they drank beer, wine or spirits - although no significant effect was found in women.

RESULT!

Alcohol may cut the risk of heart disease by almost a third in men, research has suggested.

A study on people aged 29 to 69 found drinking could protect men from heart disease regardless of whether they drank beer, wine or spirits - although no significant effect was found in women.

RESULT!

Mmm...wonder if I drink 3 times the avg amount, I would be fully protected :p

Market in healthy pullback mode, nice bounce with Sab miller this morning after good results.

looks good, why 200 though?

i'd have thought you'd want it to reject this T line (@ 206) for a confirmed break above it as an indicator of strength?

firstly the take-over of iberia will have shaken things up price wise, obviously thats what gave the price jump on the 12th...i'd be a bit worried that the volatility due to the merger news might make price a bit less predictable at the mo?

secondly, i think it would be good to have an idea what oil's doing.

i think its around $80 a barrel at the mo, if this is a res level leading to a fall (i'm sure i heard someone talk of a fall in oil), then you'd be in a good position in an airline equity. obviously a negative pull if oil is in a rally with $80 acting as support.

nice big uptrend though :D

where've you been btw!

have you started a new job now?

Hi Dr.B

Why 200? Because it's historical S/R going way back in time. T line has broken, but I am happy if price rertaces below the TL again. Often I see TL's break once, then retrace before the final breakthrough. Anyway, as Minch says, will have to wait for confirmation @ 200p.

No idea on the Iberia Vol point though, and oil is a mystery imho. Sometimes commentators are saying we will see $100, and sometimes £65.

Haven't started a new job yet. I had an interview with a local company, which I thought would be a winner, but they might not be prepared to negotiate on salary, so for now the hunt continues. Looking at Dubai as a possibility, well, anywhere that pays properly would be a good start :)

Looking to sell FTSE at around 5350 ish, target of 5300 - 4h Bias is short now.

Looking to sell E$ around 1.4920 to 1.4935 ish - target would be 1.48.

I should mention I have got practically every trade wrong recently, so defo ignore my calls. Job hunting and a little trading here and there doesn't work so well :LOL: