DAX Trading Aug 6th - 10th

Ziff

Mark suggested having a weekly thread; rather than wait until next Monday........ :cheesy:

After yesterday's fun and games I am currently flat waiting for my next signal. :eek:

Mornimg All..........

my humble opinion on the dax........OK I have been only following the dax properly since last thursday so don't ridicule too much if I am wrong....

Currently waiting for the hour chart to give me an open over 70. This would turn me bullish in the mid term. On the dailys the dax has been stuck in a 400 - 600 range since july 27th. I would imagine volatility building whilst in this range. I believe any confirmation of a new up or down trend will be confirmed in the next day or two.

If we can get beyond 600 on the long side and this holds at the open tomorrow, i would lay money on more upward action.

anyways....ziff great trading yesterday bigman....very impressive

I have been short from 70 3 times but only for a few points.I must admit I traded the dow last night after fed. It was like a roller coaster but quite fun.

600 is res for sure & I think we will get it through, but I do not think it will hold yet Due to the US. As I think the US will pop up & drop back possibly.

I am very very short term bullish hours to days maybe
Intermediate bearish next few weeks
Long term bullish
:cheesy:

I can not decide whether we will rally into options or drop like a tank. Well time will tell.

I'm long from 7560 based on the the cross over of an 8dema and 10ma on the 3hr graph. Hopefully i'll be in this one for at least a few days... Oh yeah my stop is at 7500 lol, i wanna go the full leg...

my humble opinion on the dax........OK I have been only following the dax properly since last thursday so don't ridicule too much if I am wrong....

Currently waiting for the hour chart to give me an open over 70. This would turn me bullish in the mid term. On the dailys the dax has been stuck in a 400 - 600 range since july 27th. I would imagine volatility building whilst in this range. I believe any confirmation of a new up or down trend will be confirmed in the next day or two.

If we can get beyond 600 on the long side and this holds at the open tomorrow, i would lay money on more upward action.

anyways....ziff great trading yesterday bigman....very impressive

Thanks Mark..........nearly as good as you on Friday ! :cheesy:

Off out for an hour - to the swing park! The joys.............

Interestingly, i've been testing that 39,1,1 on a demo account. I got a sell signal 9:20 so i went with it and put a limit order at the support line. Made 35pts on it....

Interestingly, i've been testing that 39,1,1 on a demo account. I got a sell signal 9:20 so i went with it and put a limit order at the support line. Made 35pts on it....

What tf was that on Kevin ?

Just a quick up date...

It took a bit of time, but i've just nudged into profit as the dax seems to be more stubborn than cac 40 and ftse, both of which i'm using the same position system on. So far across the three i'm 33pts up, but like i say, the dax has only just nudged into profit

i know... to be honest i'm not to impressed with using this system on the dax, but then again i've only been using it a week. The systems seems to work nicely on the cac 40 and ftse, so i'm gonna look for markets simlar to them for position trading. However i have got another ace up my sleve for the dax :cheesy:

oh yeah, i've aslo been messing around with brent crude oil on my IB paper account. Made a nice 86pts :D

aye, took 160pts all together from the dax, ftse and cac 40. A nice little earner

worth the wait Kevin.................... :LOL:

how you been getting on today ziff?

nice new thread by the way guys:cool:

no trading for me today been out all day and didnt have anything open from before..gonna be interesting to see how it reacts to 7634 (c) tommorow:rolleyes:

i lost yesterday on the dow, lost like 73pts, but my other trades were winners so it balanced it out with around 30-40pts profit

dax direction.............

seeing support at 70 might try and by a pullback with a tight stop for a quck profit.

anyone else got any ideas ?

just to cheer you up laptop, i just checked my trade on cable which i went long on back at 2.0244. It's currently at 2.0361 :cheesy: The one before that was a nice little earner even tho i got on it a bit late. Shorted at 2.0299 and my trailing stop got me out at 2.0249. Once again these have been on the larger time frames (4hrs) It's nice making money when you're pottering about doing other stuff :)