• Back to the seabed--below 150 pips

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Does not make a difference...

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ChowClown said:
Hi all, long 68. Stop loss at -10.

Long from 44 this morning trading a variation on the Big Ben/VEBO type of strategy. Was expecting a whipping today but it seems to have got lucky with the news. We'll see how it goes...

a_gnome said:
Long from 44 this morning trading a variation on the Big Ben/VEBO type of strategy. Was expecting a whipping today but it seems to have got lucky with the news. We'll see how it goes...

What's VEBO?

Offshore Trader said:
I would imagine that the option barriers at 1.9500 Cable and 1.2000 CHF are pretty strong and will probably prevent a breach at least first time. I hope not...

I have to say that swissy looks better to defend it than does cable........time will tell

i will go swissy long at 72 with a stop at 30 if and when that happens, otherwise, sidelined good luck to you all

a_gnome said:
Nice entry a_g, good luck later. Consumer Confidence at 3pm likely to stir things too.

Baruch said:
What's VEBO?

This is ChowClowns method. VEBO = Volatility Expansion Break Out. He's better able to explain it but it basically involves volatility-adjusted break-out entry stops around the 8 am opening.

a_gnome said:
This is ChowClowns method. VEBO = Volatility Expansion Break Out. He's better able to explain it but it basically involves volatility-adjusted break-out entry stops around the 8 am opening.
...which was derived from the ideas of Hans123 and SM01 over at strategybuilderfx.

Direction right, market wrong. I'm suffering pair envy here - long Euro, but over the last couple of days you cable guys have had much the better performance. Still hanging on in the expectation that Euro performance will catch up.

Attachments

• img_11647250174857.gif
    img_11647250174857.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 184
a_gnome said:
At least it's having a go...

I'm surprised but square on s/l anyway. P&L nil again today. I should have followed my thoughts of earlier today but then again, my thoughts are usually wrong and my system right. If I had stuck to it strictly I'd still be long, so I'll be kicking myself if it breaks through

Well, 3 min to major news. And it could be a big surprise, which can make a turning point for the dollar. Maybe.

jacinto said:
I have to say that swissy looks better to defend it than does cable........time will tell

i will go swissy long at 72 with a stop at 30 if and when that happens, otherwise, sidelined good luck to you all

that got me in at 72 long, looking for 2180 first, then 22

need break of 2090 or will close

edit: moving early to BE as this is counter trend