Currency trading (December 4th > 8th)

ChowClown said:
..blimey Oanda's still connected!

Lol!

At least my short is still intact and hopefully should gain further if there's much follow through.

bit of a relief (tho i know emotions should have no part of trading :)) - at least the spike was teh right way for me. Moved stop to 9625...

I think the 1.20 level on USD/CHF is important if we get through there, there could be big gains for the USD

Cable...please, please, please go down

a_gnome said:
Lol!

At least my short is still intact and hopefully should gain further if there's much follow through.
hi a_g, nice one.

I'm short (vebo) and at b/e. Will leave there for a while longer today until the dust settles. The 3hr short swing firmly in the black, stop still at 645 though, it will probably need some wiggle room for a while.

...que? vebo short stopped b/e and now long. 3hr swing stopped -40.

Last edited:
spoke too soon!!!!
stopped out for 25 loss.
new buy trigger 9725 or sell at 9525
would prefer no more action pls......

looks like the Goldilocks scenario for the US economy then. Hopefully we're back to the Dollar decline.

4Cast's take on the spike in EUR/USD:

* 08 Dec 06: 14:05(LDN) - FX NOW! EUR/USD Flows - EUR/USD slide after data welcomed by a long list of buyers

USD tried to rally in the wake of slightly stronger than expected US employment data. But, once prices breached the 1.3250 level and touched lows of 1.3235-40 buyers appeared. So far the list of buyers includes technicians, whose key levels dictated buy orders; Russians, who are still probably in need of recycling USD that were used in a rouble intervention earlier this week; Far Eastern buyers have been noted, pulled in by the surprising EUR strength and finally, to cap off the rally, China has been seen buying in good size all the way to the 1.3345 highs. M.B.

Offshore Trader said:
So, option time passed, can we push higher now?
...another turnaround day for you by the looks of it :cool: I've been lacking confidence in the method of late and reduced stakes today as a consequence.

It's a learning experience, but one thing it has highlighted in my own trading is that i need to do more comprehensive testing to be doubly sure of the method and be more comfortable during drawdown.

ChowClown said:
...another turnaround day for you by the looks of it :cool: I've been lacking confidence in the method of late and reduced stakes today as a consequence.

It's a learning experience, but one thing it has highlighted in my own trading is that i need to do more comprehensive testing to be doubly sure of the method and be more comfortable during drawdown.

I went full stakes today and didn't back off. To be fair though if I'd used a broker, I would have lost money today, City Index should have stopped me out when Cable pulled back after the break higher but kept me in. The one problem I did have was not being able to move my stop on the spike down but all in all pretty happy today, it does correct an appalling recent run and gets back 1/2 what I've lost this week. Hopefully, next week we will get some proper moves at the start of the day. With no breakouts which have continued all this week, to me it just makes it all the more likely that we will get some next week.

dewi141 said:
now long at 9725. stop 9650... next stop 2 ... i wish :)
out for -75 pips..... aaaggghhhhhh. time to retire hurt for teh week. good luck to anyone still in!