Currency trading (December 4th > 8th)

Morning all,

Well I've finally managed a winner with my strategy: still holding a short from yesterday at 19670 odd. During this congestion the system managed to rack up 10 straight losers which equals the worst run in three years of back-testing. Ho hum...

a_gnome said:
Morning all,

Well I've finally managed a winner with my strategy: still holding a short from yesterday at 19670 odd. During this congestion the system managed to rack up 10 straight losers which equals the worst run in three years of back-testing. Ho hum...

It shows you've just got to stick with it. Hope for some good NFP and lurch lower without any horrible spikes

Offshore Trader said:
It shows you've just got to stick with it. Hope for some good NFP and lurch lower without any horrible spikes

yep, i agree. now short at 9600 with stop above 9675. not my ideal scenario, but i'll see what happens. will turn off screen now and come back in an hour or so.....

still short today since 6/12. Have 70 pips in the black approx on the table now. This oviously wont change unless the NFP causes a signal change...i ve got feel it may continue downward after the NFP. Not that I m trading on any of my predictions.

ChowClown said:
NFP days have been my method's saving grace so far, but as always it's horses for courses. On another tack I'm eyeing a 3hr close below 600 to set up a short swing, i have support on the 3hr just above 600 though and wouldn't be surprised to see them take it up again from here developing jacinto's daily bull flag further, so will use an hrly set up to get in on that, ideally from a break of an inside and/or doji.

that flag still seems alive.

Offshore Trader said:
I'm short now so based on recent successes (!) I suggest buying here at 85 with 60 s/l :cheesy:

Well you can move your stop to b/e now....I seem to have the ability to move markets at the moment, unfortunately not in the right direction. A bit more downside on EUR/GBP and I'll be stopped out before the NFP.......

In elliotwave terms we still have the 5th up wave to come, to take it above 19850 looking for 20000. The 4th wave correction which we are in could take us to 19460 or 19350 if we break below 19610 on the daily. In 20 mins or so we will have a better idea.

breadman

tradewinds said:
still short today since 6/12. Have 70 pips in the black approx on the table now. This oviously wont change unless the NFP causes a signal change...i ve got feel it may continue downward after the NFP. Not that I m trading on any of my predictions.

Good call - so far. What made you go short?

sharp move down, the price action just before suggested the price would moce down. Follwing the trend usually keeps you on the right side of the market