Currency trading (December 4th > 8th)

City Bound said:
Yeah, sorry, link's still not working. Although I think I get your point(s) by just reading them.

mmm, quicktime is probably the issue.

first one is: dorothy, fasten your seatbelts, cause kansas is going bye bye

second one: some star trek dialogue saying "since earthlings, and particularly americans prefer to base their fate on luck rather than science, i wish you all....luck.

sorry, probably have too much time on my hands on a frustrating week.

support for your long seems strong, but eurgbp does have a long pattern.

good luck,

Yeah, it thankfully seems to be reluctant to go down. I can't imagine there'll be much movement between now and NFP. Only issue I've got now is that EUR/GBP is bumping up against 775.

City Bound said:
Yeah, it thankfully seems to be reluctant to go down. I can't imagine there'll be much movement between now and NFP. Only issue I've got now is that EUR/GBP is bumping up against 775.

where is your stop?

oh, and with the links, when you get the message "this has been removed...", just refresh the site, it should play.

fyi - my use of pnf charts means that I will go short at 1.96 or long at 1.9725. I am still hopting that neither will be triggered before NFPR tomorrow, but that seems to be hanging by a thread at the moment.....

long from the 1.9619! It is just stitting here. Is it going to move? am starting to get itchy.

i m still short with 18 pips on the table.
Dont think much will happen until tomorrow. I m going to stay with the position, maybe tomorrow will bring a signal change...maybe it wont.

Hi all,

I've had a busy week and did intend on posting on the thread this week yet have had no chance at all.

I see everyones had a pretty tough week and I am surely no exception with only +6 pips on the week so far! BUT, lest not forget, NFPR day tomorrow and the words 'candy' and 'baby' come to mind!

I don't wish this to sound condescending in any way, so apologies if it comes across that way but having been in the tough conunderum some are facing, my only words of wisdom would be that, if you have a plan, and you have covered every base of the situtions that can arise and know your worst case situation and, that situation has not been breached, carry on regardless.

Before starting my journal, I was terrible at discipline and sticking to the same plan and not changing it after a bad week or even a few days like Baruch, being miffed with the BigBen strat and thinking of changes after 3 days. Yet, after those few weeks and not changing and accepting whatever the market throws my way, and proving that I have bad weeks and then blindin' weeks, I can take everything in my stride and don't care what happens and the fact that I've only 6 pips this week so far doesn't bother me at all.

In a nutshell IMO, Its a case of once you have a plan and a steady, weekly P over L and with the minimilist drawdown, you can throw emotion out of the window as rather than 'trying' to change your mindset as per all the pyschology threads, you literally just 'forget' all about it, as you realise and know, that those each individual trades whether win or lose, really are irrelevant and perserverance to your plan, in the long run, always pays off. Once you know you can take 'X' hits and still come out tops on Friday evening your laughing!

Unless of course your a discretionary trader, then its prety much 50/50 :LOL:

I'll shut up now and good NFP to all! :cheesy:

frugi said:
Ouch! We're not all as indiscreet as Britney you know. :)

Ooops! I did it again! :cheesy:

I know its not but couldn't think of a better light hearted comment to end on!

Would you say, as a discretionary trader yourself, you can put a finite figure on your expectancy as someone who uses a very, very strict set of rules? I suppose you can really but for my discretionary trading, I certainly don't feel as confident and comfortable as I do with my cable strat for my weekly output. Just my take on it tho.

Last edited:
jacinto said:
bull flag still alive, and that 23% fib is a tough mark to break.
on the other hand, there hasn't been a single 60 min close below 9630, and this could signal a descending triangle.

wait until tomorrow, and or trade the "channel"

bias is still for break north unless NFP has a big surprise.

i am changing my views for tomorrow. expect a visit to 9450 - 9500, then next week the move back up could start again. I am not trading tomorrow all day, and wont take a position prior to NFP.

good luck all

edit: visit further below those levels. dont think it is enough a retracement for a push up. think NFP will only do what it always does, get a temporary view on the USD, only to get people back to the big picture........unfortunately, i am an economist by training :eek:

Last edited:
Stop drifting damn you! Cable should either stop, range for a bit before NFP or decide where it's going. Not this pathetic meandering rubbish! Sooooo annoying.

Morning all,

Orders: 634 long, 584 short. Reduced size today for the breakout trades.

Good luck.

Perilously close to being triggered short this morning, but so far so good. A nice drift up to 8660 around 1.30pm would be an ideal early xmas present for me....

Baruch said:
You are a brave man, Chow. ;) I don't trade before NFP. And once again this morning: The BB train left the station - and came back again...

PS. Rob made 39 pips yesterday trading Cable:
http://www.kingforexsignals.com/robtrades1206.htm
NFP days have been my method's saving grace so far, but as always it's horses for courses. On another tack I'm eyeing a 3hr close below 600 to set up a short swing, i have support on the 3hr just above 600 though and wouldn't be surprised to see them take it up again from here developing jacinto's daily bull flag further, so will use an hrly set up to get in on that, ideally from a break of an inside and/or doji.

Attachments

• eurgbp daily.JPG
    eurgbp daily.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 189
Morning Campers!

Havent been on for a while. Right, where shall we start? How about :

LONG 9606
SL 9576
TP1 9633

Nice simple 1:1 trade to start the day.