BNP the BBC and the UK!!! What is going on here???

Should the BBC allow BNP on Question Time?

• Yes

Votes: 32 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
All this is about is positive discrimination and until the majority of law abiding people see some common sense ,a level playing field and true equality applied once more then all of this will continue to eat away and breed contempt for everything establishment.

The cons whatever we think of them , are the only ones who have a chance to seize this opportunity both to head off the BNP and to put paid to any chance of a Labour last gasp revival...but not if they choose to stay on the fence.

One reason is to do with Gangmasters who are often paying well below minimum wage rates and will not employ anything other than migrant cheap labour. This is why you are now seeing new positions being created to monitor and "attempt" enforcement of UK employment law on them as there is a huge number of these Gangmasters about.

Paul

Most British people are hard working and have a genuine wish to earn their keep and produce good work. Indeed they do. Don't get me wrong.

What I am trying to point out is specifically against the NBP supporters who argue all their work is taken up by the migrants or non ethnics.

These are the people who are the underclass, uneducated, unrully and want it all without putting in the work.

In that Panorama program they attack Asian shop keepers and a Somalian security guard really ferociously.

I pose the question well what is stopping them from opening up a corner shop and working 7am - 11pm or applying for jobs as security guards and doing daily 12 hour shifts.

You say gangmasters are one reason. I'd be interested what the others are???

Moreover these BNP members are well hard. I doubt any two bit migrant is going to gang them into line. Let's get real... They are more likely to have the gang master for breakfast.

BNP voters are instead of working harder and competing they pick on race, colour or religion.

I liked Mr Tebitt when he said his dad would get on his bike and look for work. Bet he wouldn't have said he'd rather sit at home and bitch about the people that do...

...Yes...to point and absolutely correct....

...people who talk about immigration and want a discussion do not do the homework....instead they just thrash out standard basic words...!

I liked Mr Tebitt when he said his dad would get on his bike and look for work. Bet he wouldn't have said he'd rather sit at home and bitch about the people that do..

I was only commenting that many of the jobs you were referring to are not as available as was being implied and it is a particularly bad situation in the County I live in. I posted elsewhere on the fact that at my local Job Centre they have 11 applicants for every job on their books including cleaning and burger bar jobs. Norman Tebbit's father may well have got on his bike and found work but when you have 11 people going for every job available it is not as easy as many are making it out to be. As for the view that the likes of immigrants work harder than their UK equivalents, well I have found that it is a temporary phenomenon. I have recruited many different nationalities and it is true that to start with most of them worked quite hard but this was only until their contracts went from temporary to permanent. After that they were no different from any other UK national.

Paul

Posted by Arabianights

Couldn't you argue though that yugoslavia was the historical exception for that region?

Indeed, you could: that deal was made in Yalta when the agreement was for a fifty fifty split in influence between East & West. In Greece, the corresponding split was 10/90, which is why the Soviets let the local communist party die 1945/46. They're co-religionists, along with the Russian which explains a lot down the years. Not very interesting, apart from the legacy of the Muslims stranded in Albania/Kosovo, who had quite an intense relationship with China while Hoxha was around.... sorry, I digress...

Re: BNP. I get the impression that there's a lot of self-rightous satisfaction going around among the PC crowd who felt that they'd seen off Griffin with a good kicking. They're stuffed full with righteous indignation and no mistake! But, so what? The man's a fool, and mugging him was no more difficult than taking candy from a baby, as they say. Bread and circuses!? Come on, give me strength?

Meanwhile, the underlying problems are unresolved and they're not going away any time soon. If anything, the storm clouds are darkening.

Moving on, Frank Field & Nicholas Soames had something important to say (IMO) in yesterday's Telegraph: http://is.gd/4y3PU and it now appears that we also have this revelation from a senior Nulabor advisor: http://is.gd/4y3sz

So, we know how Foie Gras is made, but this time the victim has choked? Food for thought?

Cheers

Mayfly

I was only commenting that many of the jobs you were referring to are not as available as was being implied and it is a particularly bad situation in the County I live in. I posted elsewhere on the fact that at my local Job Centre they have 11 applicants for every job on their books including cleaning and burger bar jobs. Norman Tebbit's father may well have got on his bike and found work but when you have 11 people going for every job available it is not as easy as many are making it out to be. As for the view that the likes of immigrants work harder than their UK equivalents, well I have found that it is a temporary phenomenon. I have recruited many different nationalities and it is true that to start with most of them worked quite hard but this was only until their contracts went from temporary to permanent. After that they were no different from any other UK national.

Paul

Fair points and given the recession the story is the same in most places. I'm not saying they necessarily all work harder but they go for the down and low jobs and work their way up. What ever it takes. They have strong drive to work hard and get ahead. Once they arrive well they may well take their foot off the accellerator. They are industries. They have strong social support and they put up with more stress and pressure of life. I recognise I'm generalising but such is my perspective.

It would be interesting to find out why there are so many foreign nationals employed in London to English persons in many of the job roles. Any statistics on the % unemployed as compared to the make up of the popullation may cast some light if foreign labour is really displacing British labour force. If so is this really because of positive discrimination or down to skills and apptitude suitability for job role? Maybe the government should setup a task force to get to the reasons for the long term unemployed. All I know is the BNP and their arguements are bad for the country - period.

Re: Somalian security guard, (being politically incorrect and playing devils advocate) I can't imagine why any employer would hire a Somalian migrant as opposed to a white proper English speaking employee for the role. I'd probably go for a family man as opposed to a single person, but never the less an English white person. Reason being language and communications are likely to be important in such a role as well as security checks with a historical record going back good many years with references.

My view is as with the Commonwealth ( http://www.thecommonwealth.org/Internal/142227/members/ )these foreign nationals under the monarchy as subjects and citizens of the empire allow Great Britain a much bigger stature in the global world economy. Britain is indeed a cool place for all the right reasons. We transcend continents and oceans. I doubt any other nation in the world has our 'global' industries history.

Taking BNP arguement to their limits ultimately we would become an isolated Island from the World as well as Europe... They would take the Great out of Britain and turn it into something like small like Iceland (no offence to Icelanders...).

What the BNP are offering is some ridiculous solution to a mighty problem that I believe has its roots from the feudal period which has evolved into class segregation. Class mobility is still very difficult to engage in for the under-class.

I know with all my heart that the BNP will soil Britains global reputation and international favour in a catastropic way. They must be erradicated by our leaders and lets hope as mentioned some representation can be manifested in an intelligent way by the Conservatives in controlling social issues emanating from uncontrolled influx of migrants.

PS. Does everyone know Britain was named by Italian legions?

Now I do love Italian design, architecture and food. Beautiful women too. (y)

Atilla I'm just amazed no one has commented on your username in the context of this thread ;)

Posted by Arabianights

Indeed, you could: that deal was made in Yalta when the agreement was for a fifty fifty split in influence between East & West. In Greece, the corresponding split was 10/90, which is why the Soviets let the local communist party die 1945/46. They're co-religionists, along with the Russian which explains a lot down the years. Not very interesting, apart from the legacy of the Muslims stranded in Albania/Kosovo, who had quite an intense relationship with China while Hoxha was around.... sorry, I digress...

Re: BNP. I get the impression that there's a lot of self-rightous satisfaction going around among the PC crowd who felt that they'd seen off Griffin with a good kicking. They're stuffed full with righteous indignation and no mistake! But, so what? The man's a fool, and mugging him was no more difficult than taking candy from a baby, as they say. Bread and circuses!? Come on, give me strength?

Meanwhile, the underlying problems are unresolved and they're not going away any time soon. If anything, the storm clouds are darkening.

Moving on, Frank Field & Nicholas Soames had something important to say (IMO) in yesterday's Telegraph: http://is.gd/4y3PU and it now appears that we also have this revelation from a senior Nulabor advisor: http://is.gd/4y3sz

So, we know how Foie Gras is made, but this time the victim has choked? Food for thought?

Cheers

Mayfly

1. Aging popullation
2. Pension crises
3. Taxation burden
4. Wage increase supression

What are the alternatives Euthanasia, natural wastage or immigration?

Atilla stated:

1. Aging popullation
2. Pension crises
3. Taxation burden
4. Wage increase supression

What are the alternatives Euthanasia, natural wastage or immigration?

I'm not entirely what point(s) you're trying to make here? But, try this:

1. Aging population?

So what? It's utterly irrelevant, I'm by no means young and I intend to 'work' until I drop, although you'll have to bear in mind that I haven't done a stroke of what you might consider work for the last twenty years? So, I reckon I've got another thirty years of productive life left to me......

2. Pension crises

Point 1 rather take care of that question, unless you're completely stricken by the conventional wisdom of (some sort) a dichotomy between 'work' and life? In which case, I'd suggest that you fail to comprehend either??? But, anyway, we can't all be rentiers and so we'll have to work a bit harder for next ten years or so - a necessity, which even this dumb ass government seems to have grasped? ...

3. Taxation Burden

That's a question for the people who voted for Nulabour to answer. (I use to work for the party, BTW) The cuts are gonna come whom ever the electorate votes in? (Bear in mind, most of government expenditure is money wasted, but it keeps an army of quangoes, etc in business?

4. Wage suppression

Not sure you know what you're talking about? You've seen the movie Network? Globalisation brings you loads of wage suppression surely, there's absolutely a surplus of labour (lumpen proletariat), to be found among Asia's teeming millions? Is that not the case??????? Come on. I can feel your sense of outrage... oh, the Dickens??

So, you ask: What are the alternatives Euthanasia, natural wastage or immigration?

1. Euthanasia

Bring it on? when the times right, why not? Get yourself a living will? I've no problem with that!!! (Hint: Don't even try to give me all that Gas Chambers or Nazi bollox, ok? Me dad, saw all that stuff (almost as a child) so I'm NOT in denial)!!!

2. Natural wastage

...... What does that mean???? Baffling

3. immigration

In terms of the current level of immigration? Well, there's almost no need for immigration on economic grounds, and probably no economic benefits are to be derived from the current arrangements, which are mostly political in intent? IMO, we should be content to 'allow' immigration on economic grounds, but I'm unclear why 'we' should look beyond those criteria? We have our a huge underclass of our own (right?), so I'm not clear why we should import any more, unless it's simply to add to our own burden of post colonial guilt? (Some of which were not ours in any case?)

Got that?????

Christ sake, please try an raise your game and/or keep up?????

Cheers

Mayfly

Atilla stated:

I'm not entirely what point(s) you're trying to make here? But, try this:

1. Aging population?

So what? It's utterly irrelevant, I'm by no means young and I intend to 'work' until I drop, although you'll have to bear in mind that I haven't done a stroke of what you might consider work for the last twenty years? So, I reckon I've got another thirty years of productive life left to me......

2. Pension crises

Point 1 rather take care of that question, unless you're completely stricken by the conventional wisdom of (some sort) a dichotomy between 'work' and life? In which case, I'd suggest that you fail to comprehend either??? But, anyway, we can't all be rentiers and so we'll have to work a bit harder for next ten years or so - a necessity, which even this dumb ass government seems to have grasped? ...

3. Taxation Burden

That's a question for the people who voted for Nulabour to answer. (I use to work for the party, BTW) The cuts are gonna come whom ever the electorate votes in? (Bear in mind, most of government expenditure is money wasted, but it keeps an army of quangoes, etc in business?

4. Wage suppression

Not sure you know what you're talking about? You've seen the movie Network? Globalisation brings you loads of wage suppression surely, there's absolutely a surplus of labour (lumpen proletariat), to be found among Asia's teeming millions? Is that not the case??????? Come on. I can feel your sense of outrage... oh, the Dickens??

So, you ask: What are the alternatives Euthanasia, natural wastage or immigration?

1. Euthanasia

Bring it on? when the times right, why not? Get yourself a living will? I've no problem with that!!! (Hint: Don't even try to give me all that Gas Chambers or Nazi bollox, ok? Me dad, saw all that stuff (almost as a child) so I'm NOT in denial)!!!

2. Natural wastage

...... What does that mean???? Baffling

3. immigration

In terms of the current level of immigration? Well, there's almost no need for immigration on economic grounds, and probably no economic benefits are to be derived from the current arrangements, which are mostly political in intent? IMO, we should be content to 'allow' immigration on economic grounds, but I'm unclear why 'we' should look beyond those criteria? We have our a huge underclass of our own (right?), so I'm not clear why we should import any more, unless it's simply to add to our own burden of post colonial guilt? (Some of which were not ours in any case?)

Got that?????

Christ sake, please try an raise your game and/or keep up?????

Cheers

Mayfly

Good for you - oh mighty blessed one...

How about the rest of millions of people who will age with little or no pension. Perhaps failing pensions altogether.

As for living popullation they will endure much higher levels of taxation than ever before to cater for the aged popullation that will need looking after.

NHS will not be able to cope.

Solutions are for the NHS to allow people to die where the quality of life can not be maintained.

Natural wastage is allow people to die due to natural causes. Don't bother treating them. Perhaps like USA, no pay no health cover.

Alternative is immigration to increase the birth rate which migrants seem to be good at.

Your opinions inside of your tiny mind are very broad and diverse. Good for you.

Outside of your tiny mind your perceptions are very limited and narrow as you are not aware of these fundamental demographic factors in all its aspect heading towards us and the benefit of our citizens.

Raise your awareness, forget the game at your age... (y)

Listen, sweetheart!!! ****wit?

I'll do reasoned and cogent argument, even for you?

What is it that you don't get!

Let me tell you, the last place you should pretend to occupy is any space on a trading forum? (I'm being kind!).

Your apology of a reply, saccharine and sentimental to the core, fails to address ...... anything of relevance?

Call me a RACIST*, that'll make you feel so much better, won't it???

BFN

mayfly

* You'll feel, almost vindicated????

Listen, sweetheart!!! ****wit?

I'll do reasoned and cogent argument, even for you?

What is it that you don't get!

Let me tell you, the last place you should pretend to occupy is any space on a trading forum? (I'm being kind!).

Your apology of a reply, saccharine and sentimental to the core, fails to address ...... anything of relevance?

Call me a RACIST*, that'll make you feel so much better, won't it???

BFN

mayfly

* You'll feel, almost vindicated????

Take it easy old boy...

I haven't called you anything sweetheart... ;)

No need to get worked up, we are only debating ideas.

The BNP were huge losers... you just had to see what a tard he looked

The British National party will receive a pre-general election boost in the opinion polls, ministers fear, after more than 8 million people watched the far-right leader Nick Griffin's appearance on Question Time on Thursday evening.

As the party claimed that a record 3,000 people had registered to join its ranks in the biggest recruitment night in its history

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/oct/23/bnp-poll-boost-question-time

"Burnley residents dismiss Question Time 'witch-hunt' of Nick Griffin"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/oct/23/bnp-nick-griffin-burnley-reaction

Do you still think BNP were the big losers? It doesn't matter if 70% of the populace feel like throwing up at the sight of Griffin - the BNP won handsomely. Not in terms of the debate - they will never have a rat's chance of winning a proper debate. But in terms of political influence. It's sickening.

Last edited:
Do you still think BNP were the big losers? It doesn't matter if 70% of the populace feel like throwing up at the sight of Griffin - the BNP won handsomely. Not in terms of the debate - they will never have a rat's chance of winning a proper debate. But in terms of political influence. It's sickening.

One of the downsides of a civilised democracy.

I recognise I am generalising but I am not racist or a fascist. I am not deaf or blind either and can see what is going on around me

I have worked over 25 years in the City and I would be struggling to count on my two hands the number of full ethnic English speaking cleaners in any of the big institutions I have worked in. Perhaps management or head lady may be ethnci but not the cleaners.

So then, we know it’s OK for you to make generalisations about the majority ethnic group based on anecdotal evidence such as your own personal recollections.

But is it OK to criticise a religion ( No, not those that subscribe to the ideology but the ideology itself ) based on documented evidence such as passages taken from religious text?

dd

It would be interesting to find out why there are so many foreign nationals employed in London to English

Is it possible (and I admit I don't actually know) that English people living in London are now a minority ?

Paul

So then, we know it’s OK for you to make generalisations about the majority ethnic group based on anecdotal evidence such as your own personal recollections.

But is it OK to criticise a religion ( No, not those that subscribe to the ideology but the ideology itself ) based on documented evidence such as passages taken from religious text?

dd

Not sure what you are getting at here DD but I think the word ethnic has you fired up for some reason. I don't really care much for ethnicity as we are all the same under humanity. Race, creed or colour differences can go and take a running jump off the 'white' cliffs of Dover.

The reason why I picked up on it is based on how the BNP classed Ashley Cole as being not ethnically British.

http://bnp.org.uk/tag/footballer-ashley-cole/

“Mr Cole is not ethnically British. British ethnicity has a specific identity, and to deny that identity is to deny that group a right to existence,” he said.

These BNP people must really be under attack. There must be raging war of ethnicity going on in their minds.

My key point is that BNP have an ethnicity ricter scale of - where you are born, who your parents are; followed by skin colour, religion and then whether one is gay or not.

I'm all for pulling troops out of wars and having an Australian point scheme for migration control and so forth but BNP are some way off being a legitimate respectable institution to represent the interests of this country.

I feel we have opened a can of worms and this will get much worse before it gets better.

Last edited:
Paul,
If you mean by "English" people born in England, then yes, a majority are.
Of course, the Scots have taken over the government of the UK, but soon they'll be sent back where they came from.......:D

Richard

Is it possible (and I admit I don't actually know) that English people living in London are now a minority ?

Paul

Yes imho. You only have to look at the platform or any wagon on a tube train to take a sample of the distribution of people. Schools the same.

However, coloured people are British too. Thus we are already falling into the BNP led fiasco of segregating people into groups...

Maybe we should introduce a McDonalds style star system from 1 to 5 based on their ricter scale of ethnicity...