anyone heard of pulsar capital?

Hi LiquidSnake/PBoyles,

I will try to add some insights to the discussion, as Liquidsnake send me a pmessage asking for my feedback (since this is an open forum, I trust it will be more useful to answer it here)

My opinion in this subject is that Pulsar provides us with a quite interesting setup.
Basically, they will start you on a USD 150,000 account value, meaning that they will assume your trading risk in exchange for keeping 30% of your profits.
On a normal scenario, the risk for their company is not that high, as you are only allowed to lose 1.5%…
So, I believe that question here should be:

- Are you ok to assume responsibility for all your trading risks or do you prefer to pay 30% of your profits and pass them to someone else?

If you are ok with assuming it yourself, that I think it will not make any sense to join them, otherwise it could be quite appealing.

Secondly, you asked me about the “legitimacy” of the company.
Here I can only provide you with a feedback from my past experience (and please notice that this was a long time ago).
I was quite impressed by their level of service and also enjoyed their platform (at the time it was provided by IB, I do not know if today is still the same).
They were very objective and straightforward with me. They never tried to “sell” me anything and were also honest about the requirements of their programme.
I had also a couple of friends that tried it and they were happy with it.
(had a third one that they even advised him not to join their program as he told them he had almost no experience trading futures…).

I was never able to perform in line with their targets and, therefore, never moved to live trading.
However, and from a previous post on this thread, I remember seeing that EJ managed to do it and was quite pleased with it.

Hope this helps! ;)

Thanks for your reply!

Whats your oppinion about the $40k increasment on every $1k profit? The only reasoneble explenation to it is that they have a big credit line with another institute and with min 4% its enough for them to borrow and cover the lenders fee from the third party, could that be the case??

Thanks for your reply!

Whats your oppinion about the $40k increasment on every $1k profit? The only reasoneble explenation to it is that they have a big credit line with another institute and with min 4% its enough for them to borrow and cover the lenders fee from the third party, could that be the case??

Hi LiquidSnake

That could be a possibility.

Another likely option is that they could have an arrangement with their Prime Broker that allows them to have low margins requirements on the products their traders manage and, therefore, be able to back them without much cost (also, as their drawdown requirement is very tight, their “prospective” losses should all be manageable).

In the end it all comes up to this:

- Are you willing to give up of part of our profits in order to pass potential losses to someone else (a little bit like an insurance…)?

If your answer is “no” then you are better in your own, otherwise the setup they offer traders can be quite appealing.
:)

this sounds good on first reading, i'm going to do some research and contact the company with any questions

their spot fx selection is limited though, they only offer 3 of the 8 pairs that my strategy runs on........maybe they are flexible re this

edit: 100,000 total position at any one time is a bit restrictive

Last edited:
pay 300 to receive 150k.

I'm in.

Just as soon as I finish my online marketing course to make $400,000 in 24 hours whilst I sleep.

I've had a look at the website and I think there's a misconception about the "initial account value" you get on the simulator.

Liquidsnake, from what they say the leverage is 1:1 so you can trade a maximum of 1 lot during the entire period. So it seems fairly difficult to manage a 4% return with 2% max DD even though there is no Sharpe Ratio requirement because you have to trade 20 out of 25 days.
You have to make $4,0000, which is 400 pips if you use the full 1 lot available to trade. That's 20pips every day for 20days and more if you use the 5 extra days but there are losers. Obviously your Sharpe Ratio is going to be high to achieve that anyways so I'm not sure it makes a difference that they took it away to be honest.

I'm sure most traders could actually achieve this at one point in their trading life when the market behaves best relative to their strategy, but very few could actually do it on-demand. Anybody who can pull 400pips every five weeks trading almost every single day with only 200pips max DD does not need Pulsar Capital to make massive amounts of money!

But thy didnot say max 1 lot per day and how can I trade using their simulator Iam used to fxcm
Platform

They do say it in the guidelines:

"Maximum Position Size: combined nominal value of open positions may not exceed the account value"

Since the account value is $100,000 that's 1 lot.

I don't know anything about the platform they use so I can't help you with that sorry.

123 Trading, as you have tried their platform and traded can you tell me what position sizes are permitted? can trader for example risk 0.5% on spot FX with 15 pips stop loss? I am just trying to find out what position sizes can I trade cause I am planning to sign and trade their platform somewhere in November/ December.

Pulsar recent criteria:
Minimum monthly profit 4%
Maximum intraday draw down: 2%
No overnight positions.

I actually only trade Frankfurt/ London open and always flat by New York open and do not trade this session.

just checked their site again. it looks like that total allowed DD is 2%. making 4% minimum with 2% maximum DD allowed is not an easy task and it also depends upon market conditions during 25 days trading period. But it is possible. so, it is reasonable to say risk should be very low per trade. probably no more than 0.25% or even 0.2%. at least they dropped Sharpe requirement. it is already better.

123 Trading, as you have tried their platform and traded can you tell me what position sizes are permitted? can trader for example risk 0.5% on spot FX with 15 pips stop loss? I am just trying to find out what position sizes can I trade cause I am planning to sign and trade their platform somewhere in November/ December.

Hi Shiko,
Allow me to repeat that based on their guidelines you can only trade a maximum of 1 lot. Which means that a 15 pips SL will be a maximum of approximately 0.15%. A risk of 0.5% is 50 pips minimum.
If they are looking for traders, which is still open for debate, they seem to be looking for scalpers/daytraders with a very high win %; 20 active days minimum out of 25 eliminates most swing traders and a minimum of 400 pips over 25 days eliminates scalpers/daytraders who rely on long-term positive expectancy.
What they expect is possible under the right circumstances but please review your trading history and make sure you have consistently been able to generate an average of 16 pips everyday for 25 consecutive days many times in the past (assuming a fixed 1 lot size throughout) before wasting your money.

just checked their site again. it looks like that total allowed DD is 2%. making 4% minimum with 2% maximum DD allowed is not an easy task and it also depends upon market conditions during 25 days trading period. But it is possible. so, it is reasonable to say risk should be very low per trade. probably no more than 0.25% or even 0.2%. at least they dropped Sharpe requirement. it is already better.

I completely agree with your statement. I'm waiting until the week after Labor day to do just because I know the price movement will pick up giving me more opportunity. Most of the contracts trade $5-$12.50 ticks. If you can average a $160 per day win or 25 days its all good. Considering you can only trade a 1 lot losing $2,000 on contracts with $5-$12.50 tick values is a monumental task.

Hi Shiko,
Allow me to repeat that based on their guidelines you can only trade a maximum of 1 lot. Which means that a 15 pips SL will be a maximum of approximately 0.15%. A risk of 0.5% is 50 pips minimum.
If they are looking for traders, which is still open for debate, they seem to be looking for scalpers/daytraders with a very high win %; 20 active days minimum out of 25 eliminates most swing traders and a minimum of 400 pips over 25 days eliminates scalpers/daytraders who rely on long-term positive expectancy.
What they expect is possible under the right circumstances but please review your trading history and make sure you have consistently been able to generate an average of 16 pips everyday for 25 consecutive days many times in the past (assuming a fixed 1 lot size throughout) before wasting your money.

I do not think you are right about scalping. With fees it makes no sense and scalping usually is done on higher leverage. They are most probably just looking for day traders.
I only day trade e/u during Frankfurt/ London till 6:30 a.m. EST hours and this month it was not good at all. I was not trading first 2 weeks but so far I have been about 4% up by risking 0.3-0.5% per trade. My average winner this months is double of average loser but have had a huge number of BE trades as I am always on lookout for runners. 0.15% and 4% a month? I have just sent them email to clean position sizing thing. Let's see what will be the answer. risking 0.15% and making 4% it would definitely require market conditions like in July. In any case. 0.3% = 15 pips is a very low risk.

I completely agree with your statement. I'm waiting until the week after Labor day to do just because I know the price movement will pick up giving me more opportunity. Most of the contracts trade $5-$12.50 ticks. If you can average a $160 per day win or 25 days its all good. Considering you can only trade a 1 lot losing $2,000 on contracts with $5-$12.50 tick values is a monumental task.

I will apply most probably for November trading. Historically must be a good volatile month especially with financial cliff possibility coming and US elections. Eur dudes also going to throw some gasoline into flames. i expect nice volatility then. I will do it of course only if I can show similar results on my own account. so far I am close or there but need to make sure regarding position sizing allowed.

There is one more company that also looks like looking for day traders. The fee is $300, they give $1000 live to trade for 3 months. Max DD 20% and minimum requirement +30%. But what I do not like is that they are most likely some introductory firm cause they are not saying they will back you if you make it. They say they would introduce you to investors. In this regard Pulsar is very straightforward about what they want and what they give. i do not like ambiguity.