anyone heard of pulsar capital?

I will apply most probably for November trading. Historically must be a good volatile month especially with financial cliff possibility coming and US elections. Eur dudes also going to throw some gasoline into flames. i expect nice volatility then. I will do it of course only if I can show similar results on my own account. so far I am close or there but need to make sure regarding position sizing allowed.

Thanks for the feedback.....two of the stock index futures...nq/ym..the mini-nas100 and mini-dow are $5.00 a tick. The british pound futures, mini Yen, Mini Euro are $6.25...canadian and aussie dollars $10.00 S&P 500 =$12.50, 10yr note..$15.625 a tick...I'm staying away from the CAD, S&P, & 10yr during this period those markets trade like molasses. With the S&P I find it hard to wrap up small trades where as the mini-nas100 and mini-dow will let you do that.:clover:

Got a response from Pulsar regarding position sizing. It doe snot sound that risk allowed is only 0.15% of the balance.
"
"I usually risk 0.3-0.5% of my balance. i trade with Oanda. My stops most of the time are within 15 pips. With your maximum position size trading $100 000 demo account will I be able to risk 0.3% of the balance with 15 pips stop loss?"

A 0.3% of balance means a trading position of 300 USD, which is theoretically possible to insert on our platform (the minimum order size on TWS (Interactive Brokers) is the currency unit, therefore 1 USD).

However, please notice that with such a small order size the commissions charged would have a huge impact on your performance (minimum commissions size on FX is of USD 2.50) and, therefore, please take this factor into consideration before deciding to sign up for our simulation.

(http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/p.php?f=commission&ib_entity=uk - IB provides the best bid/offer from multiple large banks and charges a separate low commission. We do this in the interest of transparent pricing instead of marking up our quotes and charging nothing in commissions as is the practice with many forex brokers. Because quote markups at other brokers are generally much larger than our explicit low commissions, our forex customers benefit from lower forex trading costs.)"

Anyone can translate it into position size? what maximum risk can be taken on 15/20 pips stop based upon this email? I am not very good at calculating margin requirements.
Sent one more email to make everyhting clear and waiting for response.

with 0.15% of the balance risk based upon 15/20 pips stop, it would be extremely tough almost impossible to make 4% this month trading eur/usd. It is probably the worst trading conditions I have seen in 3+ years of trading. Daily range of 50 pips. no continuation.

got response:

"Could you please let me know what position size per 15-20 pips stop would be allowed with you?"

Regardless of the value of your stop loss, your maximum position size can never exceed 100,000 USD.
Any size equal/lower than that is ok with us.

"as I understand your requirements are:1. minimum 4% for 25 trading days of the simulation. 2. Maximum total allowed draw down for the month is 2%. Is it maximum draw down for the month or for single trading day?"

Drawdown values are not for a single trading day, but for the whole period.
We define drawdown as the difference (%) between your account peak value to your account current value.
In order to stay inside our guidelines this value can never exceed 2%.

"3. No overnight positions I understand. I trade Frankfurt/ London open"

Frequently Asked Questions

"4. what is maximum position size is allowed for me with say 15-20 pips stopp loss for Eur/Usd pair trading $100 000 demo account."

As stated, max position size is of 100,000 USD.
Please notice that this is completely independent of your risk/stop loss.

"Could you simply let me know 1 pip value in dollars like $10 or $30 per pip."

One pip is the smallest price change that a given exchange rate can have.
On the EUR.USD this is equal to 0.0001 which means that:
- if you are trading a position of 100,000 USD than 1 pip will be equal to 10 USD.
- if your position size is of 50,000 USD, then 1 pip will equal 5 USD...

As you can trade any position size between 1 USD to 100,000 USD we can not quantify the "pip value"

Any additional info you may require please just send us an email,

got response:

"Could you simply let me know 1 pip value in dollars like $10 or $30 per pip."

One pip is the smallest price change that a given exchange rate can have.
On the EUR.USD this is equal to 0.0001 which means that:
- if you are trading a position of 100,000 USD than 1 pip will be equal to 10 USD.
- if your position size is of 50,000 USD, then 1 pip will equal 5 USD...

As you can trade any position size between 1 USD to 100,000 USD we can not quantify the "pip value"

Any additional info you may require please just send us an email,

This refers to what I mentioned before.
If you are fully invested, you can only trade 1 lot, hence $10 per pip, hence 15 pips SL equals $150, hence 0.15%.
This will be true regardless of how much the account value is. For instance, if they allowed an account value of $500,000, then you would trade 5 lots at $50 per pip, and 15 pips SL would equal $750, which is 0.15% of 500,000.

I think their first answer was confusing because they misunderstood your question. By 0.3% risk they understood size, not value. In the end when they say it's possible to trade 0.3% they just mean it's possible to only purchase $300 worth of 1 standard contract on the platform, or 0.3 mini-lots if you prefer. It's an extremely small size that's why they advise against it in terms of the commission you have to pay IB.

I hope that makes sense. And I agree it would be very difficult to adhere to their guidelines this month which is why I originally said that it is possible to make it happen when the market is "right" for 5 weeks (which you can't predict) and that any trader who can do it under all market conditions does not need Pulsar to succeed.
:)

Last edited:
This refers to what I mentioned before.
If you are fully invested, you can only trade 1 lot, hence $10 per pip, hence 15 pips SL equals $150, hence 0.15%.
This will be true regardless of how much the account value is. For instance, if they allowed an account value of $500,000, then you would trade 5 lots at $50 per pip, and 15 pips SL would equal $750, which is 0.15% of 500,000.

I think their first answer was confusing because they misunderstood your question. By 0.3% risk they understood size, not value. In the end when they say it's possible to trade 0.3% they just mean it's possible to only purchase $300 worth of 1 standard contract on the platform, or 0.3 mini-lots if you prefer. It's an extremely small size that's why they advise against it in terms of the commission you have to pay IB.

I hope that makes sense. And I agree it would be very difficult to adhere to their guidelines this month which is why I originally said that it is possible to make it happen when the market is "right" for 5 weeks (which you can't predict) and that any trader who can do it under all market conditions does not need Pulsar to succeed.

They do the F/X thing as well. I'm only a futures guy. Its good to know the 2% rule as it just does not apply to the original balance of the account but is there general money management rule.:clover:

It doe snot make sense to even try trading FX with them cause they only have 3-4 pairs and these pairs are not exactly in great shape most of the time. had I been able to trade other pairs it would be possible. Just get on strongly trending pairs like eur/nzd, gbp/aud, gbp/nzd , eur/aud and aud/chf. They allow to stand in trades 5 days a week with FX except over weekend.
" Example 2 (Future contract): let us assume that your account value is equal to USD 100,000 and you decide to open a position on the E-mini Nasdaq 100 (NQ), currently trading at 2400 points. The nominal value of this instrument would be equal to USD 48,000 (2400 x 20) and, therefore, your maximum position size would be of 2 contracts (100000 / 48000)."

This is their position sizing for futures. as far as I know S&P500 e-minis 1 contract is $12.50. They allow 2 contracts which is $25. already better. From what i see it is possible to trade with smaller stops on Futures than in FX. with Futures I would need 8 net ticks per day to make it.

It doe snot make sense to even try trading FX with them cause they only have 3-4 pairs and these pairs are not exactly in great shape most of the time. had I been able to trade other pairs it would be possible. Just get on strongly trending pairs like eur/nzd, gbp/aud, gbp/nzd , eur/aud and aud/chf. They allow to stand in trades 5 days a week with FX except over weekend.
" Example 2 (Future contract): let us assume that your account value is equal to USD 100,000 and you decide to open a position on the E-mini Nasdaq 100 (NQ), currently trading at 2400 points. The nominal value of this instrument would be equal to USD 48,000 (2400 x 20) and, therefore, your maximum position size would be of 2 contracts (100000 / 48000)."

This is their position sizing for futures. as far as I know S&P500 e-minis 1 contract is $12.50. They allow 2 contracts which is $25. already better. From what i see it is possible to trade with smaller stops on Futures than in FX. with Futures I would need 8 net ticks per day to make it.

Look with the mini-dow or mini-nas the risk is $5 a tick....to loose $2000 in a day on a one lot the mini-dow would have to go 400ticks against you or the mini nas 100 points(1point =4ticks)....that would be monumental to **** that up

in theory if you even went and lost $1,000 the first day your account balance would be 99000 so the next day your loss limit would be 1980...likewise you go out win your first day for $500...your balance would be $100,500. Your loss limit would be $2010....pretty interesting...considering they are keeping us in FX and Stocks....moves over 2% in either direction in a single trading day do not happen that often..you really have to **** hard to get thrown out of this one

in theory if you even went and lost $1,000 the first day your account balance would be 99000 so the next day your loss limit would be 1980...likewise you go out win your first day for $500...your balance would be $100,500. Your loss limit would be $2010....pretty interesting...considering they are keeping us in FX and Stocks....moves over 2% in either direction in a single trading day do not happen that often..you really have to **** hard to get thrown out of this one

The 2% DD rule applies to the entire period not to just 1 single trading day. If you lose $500 every day for the first 4 days for instance, or make $1000 the first 3 days then lose $2020 during the following 6 days then you're out. So yes even more so if you manage to lose $2000 on the first day but that's not then only possibility.

Has anybody actually 'passed' the test and been taken on? How do you know these guys arent just taking £300 off you and then after a month telling you that you didnt make it? I mean that would be easy money, and probably somewhat more legal than other forex scams. I mean just think about it, all you do is advertise and then put people on a free demo account, then say sorry youre not good enough and pocket the fees.

20-30% per year is considered as exceptionally good among the professionals. If I understood correctly they are asking for at least 4% in a month (60% per year compounded) on demand performance with some other conditions attached.

It's an excellent idea and doesn't sound like a scam - only difficult part is to find as many candidates as possible with their refundable fees that are refunded if they manage to beat the best performers;)

BTW I'd be surprised if you get any posts from successful candidates. Maybe only posts from enthusiasts who see this as a worthwhile fee they paid for learning something new? Everybody's happy:)

20-30% per year is considered as exceptionally good among the professionals. If I understood correctly they are asking for at least 4% in a month (60% per year compounded) on demand performance with some other conditions attached.

It's an excellent idea and doesn't sound like a scam - only difficult part is to find as many candidates as possible with their refundable fees that are refunded if they manage to beat the best performers;)

BTW I'd be surprised if you get any posts from successful candidates. Maybe only posts from enthusiasts who see this as a worthwhile fee they paid for learning something new? Everybody's happy:)

20%-30% IS WHAT THE RETAIL PUBLIC/HEDGE FUNDS CONSIDER GREAT. 20%-30% a year aint **** unless its $500,000++ account. To move 2% in markets like currencies, stock index futures or 10yr notes one really has to be super lame. Maybe a few days out of the year the Aussie Dollar futures or 10yr notes have a move that goes more than 2% against 100,000.00 in a single trading session....Remember we are only talking 1 lots. If there was the option to trade more than a 1 lot the risk increases quite a bit. One would have to seriously weak sauce to have a 1 lot in those contracts goes against them more than 2% in a day.

I would advise against Pulsar Cap after having tried out on their simulation phase. For the following reasons:
- they have hidden costs and guidelines that you only get told about once you have started the course, or even worse once you have finished the interview
- it's not quite 4% target as if for example you trade the EUR/USD spot rate you cannot take a position for 1 lot but rather 0.7 lots (70k BCU) which makes it even hard (to not even mentnion if you traded GBP/USD)

Hope that helps guys and if you have any more questions feel free to send me PM me.