anyone heard of pulsar capital?

Pulsar: Trading Careers Programme
Due to the high volume of applications recently received we decided to put our Trading Careers Programme on hold.

As a Proprietary Trading firm that only manages/trades its own capital we have to carefully monitor the proportion between applicants, successful managers and Assets Under Management.

At the moment the current ratio among these three variables is in line with what we expect and, therefore, applications for our Trading Careers Programme are on hold until further notice.

The Programme will "re-open" as soon as we have new positions available.

Has anyone actually signed up Pulsar Capital or know of annyone who has? If anyone has signed up, how is it trading with them?

I have a bad feeling about this
what if the business model is as follows
Like running a private lottery
Charge everybody say $300, let say you get 1000 people = 300,000
Make sure most fail the pass test
Give 10 people on the top 10,000 each to trade....
Pocket 270,000
Start again

risks:
Can't get 1000 people , Advertisement costs to much
Huge majority pas your test!

Pocket 270,000
Start again

risks:

Yeah I agree seems fishy . I don't think their admin costs are 300GBP per trader not even close. I know of an acquaintance that just started with Pulsar so I will try to post in 30 days, going to be on holiday.

Hi Guys,

As you can see from previous posts I actually did sign for their trading programme.
The first time I had a good performance and managed to achieve most of their targets but missed the Sharpe ratio one.
As a consequence, they offered me a second trial for free but I blew it up after about 10 days (hit the drawdown).

Also, last January I tried to subscribe for a second time (paying the fee) but was denied, as they were not accepting any new traders.

Conclusion:
Although I missed the trial both times, I have to say that they were very professional at all times, with an excellent level of service (reports, platform, …).
Also the fact that they stopped accepting new traders for quite a long time shows us that their business model is actually based on their trading performance.

Ps: I will now take some holidays. However, late June or beginning of July I will sign again with them and will keep you up-to-date with my progress.

Hi Guys,

As you can see from previous posts I actually did sign for their trading programme.
The first time I had a good performance and managed to achieve most of their targets but missed the Sharpe ratio one.
As a consequence, they offered me a second trial for free but I blew it up after about 10 days (hit the drawdown).

Also, last January I tried to subscribe for a second time (paying the fee) but was denied, as they were not accepting any new traders.

Conclusion:
Although I missed the trial both times, I have to say that they were very professional at all times, with an excellent level of service (reports, platform, …).
Also the fact that they stopped accepting new traders for quite a long time shows us that their business model is actually based on their trading performance.

Ps: I will now take some holidays. However, late June or beginning of July I will sign again with them and will keep you up-to-date with my progress.

Hi 123 Trading,
May i know if their trading platform is user-friendly or how does it differ with popular platgorms like that of Meta4 in trading spot fx?
thanks...
gabbytrades

My question is this: assuming you pass the simulation, do you have to keep on making 3% per month and not exceed the allowed drawdown as well as maintain the >4 sharpe ratio to be retained by pulsar?

Since they've been in business for at least a year, I'm just wondering why there does not seem to be anyone who has made the grade and can speak of his/her experience with this prop shop.

Isn't the sharp of 4 a little too high when hedge fund land only requires 2 ?

I see no Eurex products on their offer ?

My question is this: assuming you pass the simulation, do you have to keep on making 3% per month and not exceed the allowed drawdown as well as maintain the >4 sharpe ratio to be retained by pulsar?

Since they've been in business for at least a year, I'm just wondering why there does not seem to be anyone who has made the grade and can speak of his/her experience with this prop shop.

Yeah me too wondering how come? anybody wanna share stories related thereto?

Isn't the sharp of 4 a little too high when hedge fund land only requires 2 ?

I see no Eurex products on their offer ?

I think so, too. It makes one suspect it's a way for Pulsar to keep the refundable fees.

I wish we'd hear from someone who actually trades for them or that a Pulsar representative would come here to answer our questions.

Pocket 270,000
Start again

risks:

Agree looks suspect to me. Why not ask to see evidence of a one or two yr trading record before letting people loose on the simulator. 300 GBP is quite a lot to ask for a trial with a v high hurdle to jump plus you cannot leave a position on overnight. v.few would have a trading strategy that would pass that test.

I had similar experience with Pulsar

Hi Guys,

Conclusion:

they use a risk free rate of zero and calculate Sharpe ratio as the ratio between the annualized average daily rate of return of the simulated account and the annualized standard deviation of the daily rates of return during the simulation period. To annualize those daily values they use a yearly period of 250 trading days.

Cheers mate. I still think #=4 is a tough ask. Anywhere I've worked in hedgefund land uses 2 as hurdle. I assume they will use (mean(R)-cashrate)/std(R) * sqrt(10) ??

hey guys,
just for fun i have just signed with pulsar and topsteptrader.
I have no illusions abt making it even if i have good results in real trading ( being trading professionally 3 years on commodities, on my own since one).
it seems those numbers are quite hard to achieve on those risk parameters , trading intraday .

it just seems a big playstation to me, but at least is fun and i think it's a safe way to learn for those who start.
at least they oblige you to try and stay disciplined and control your emotions ( you will probably feel some stress even if it is on the simulator as you are playing for real money in the end).
To me their business is just that: selling the dream to become real traders or get to trade third party capital.
with pulsar is quite evident. their targets are hard to achieve and to maintain.
topstep, i am not sure yet, but probably same story.
anyway, yes, i am doing it as a game to measure myself with other traders, so i take subscribtion as lost money to begin with.
I will keep you guys posted.
pls do the same.
if you have any other name for similar type of companies, or comments to share, i am interested

ps

I checked out topsteptrader trading software and it looks ugly, curios to know about pulsar's...

any comment to share?

Hi All,

Finally decided to move ahead and re-register for another simulation.
Did some adjustments to my strategies and believe that now I might have a better chance of success.
Not easy, as the values they target are high but, nonetheless, is worth a try… :)

Have just started today and will keep you posted on my daily performance.

See you all tomorrow!

Hi jjopd2001,

Thanks for the sugestion but now it is already too late for that!
Have already registered with Pulsar… :)

Talking seriously, I hesitated a lot between both, but in the end decided to join Pulsar again based on my past experience (good service, good platform).

Also, although the targets Pulsar demands are hard, TopStep is not easy too (I might be wrong but from what I remembered from their 4 week program you would have to make something like 10% and acceptable loss was in the range of 2%...)

However, and to be honest, I believe that the main thing that made me chose Pulsar instead of TopStep was their simplicity and straightforward program: at Pulsar you know exactly what you have to do in all stages (both in simulation and if you move ahead); at Top Step everything is clear regarding the simulation rules but afterwards a little bit on the “grey area”...
(you do not know to whom you will trade to after the simulation, you do not have specific rules for the live trading, …)

This said, if I miss this chance at Pulsar I will probably give TopStep a try and then will be able to have a more solid opinion about both firms.