anyone heard of pulsar capital?

Commissions soon add up, its not so obvious when you are trading one or two contracts but when you get to 10 or 20 they start taking quite a chunk out of your profits. For instance I think they quote about 2 euros per side on the FESX. Trading 10 contracts youd be paying 40 euros per round trip, even if you only traded twice a day that would be 1600 euros a month commission.

So even with a healthy 16,000 euros profit you'd still lose 10% to commissions. The lower your profit the greater percentage you'd be losing. It seems most FCMs are offering commission of less than 2 euros per round trip on the FESX so unless you are trading very few round trips and youre making big money the commission is definitely a big issue.

Good point. For the FCM's you mention...do they offer those rates regardless of your clip size and/or monthly volume?

Spy74,

Too late for regrets, have already signed with them. :)
Based on my past results, I believe I will be able to succeed, however, I will let you know in a month time ;)

PBoyle,

I also made those same calculations, and on the ES to pass the simulation you would need to make an average of 4.9 ticks per day during 25 days, which is a gain of about 1.20 points on the S&P (a 0.11% gain per day...).

After, made some calculations assuming a gain of 0.40% on day one, a loss of 0.18% on day two, gain of 0.40% on day 3, loss of 0.18% on day 4 and so on…. Sharpe was about 8 after 25 trading days.

So the question now is: will I be able to replicate those results? I believe I will, but as I told Sky, I will know in about a month. ;)

Spy74,

Too late for regrets, have already signed with them. :)
Based on my past results, I believe I will be able to succeed, however, I will let you know in a month time ;)

PBoyle,

I also made those same calculations, and on the ES to pass the simulation you would need to make an average of 4.9 ticks per day during 25 days, which is a gain of about 1.20 points on the S&P (a 0.11% gain per day...).

After, made some calculations assuming a gain of 0.40% on day one, a loss of 0.18% on day two, gain of 0.40% on day 3, loss of 0.18% on day 4 and so on…. Sharpe was about 8 after 25 trading days.

So the question now is: will I be able to replicate those results? I believe I will, but as I told Sky, I will know in about a month. ;)

Good luck with it, I'm sure if you are a few ticks short at the end of the month they will still back you. Anywhere close to those numbers would be very good trading.

123_Trading

I wish you well. Please keep us updated about how it goes. If you can post any further information about the program on here I'm sure it will be helpful for other people considering joining Pulsar. Good luck!

@123_Trading
Await with interest your conclusions on Pulsar. A sharpe of 4 seems a little high - set high enough to get rid of 99.75% of applicants who rely on luck alone. So probably about right!

@123_Trading
Await with interest your conclusions on Pulsar. A sharpe of 4 seems a little high - set high enough to get rid of 99.75% of applicants who rely on luck alone. So probably about right!

Hi DaftTrader and Pento,

I was only planning to make a report of my progress after ending my trial, but since you both ask, will do one now.

So far my results have not been as well as I was expecting. After 5 trading days I am losing 0.34% with 3 winning days and two negative days. Still have 20 days left to reach the target… :)

Apart from that everything worked just fine.
Platform is very good so no complains… can not blame it for my results! :cheesy:

Hi DaftTrader and Pento,

I was only planning to make a report of my progress after ending my trial, but since you both ask, will do one now.

So far my results have not been as well as I was expecting. After 5 trading days I am losing 0.34% with 3 winning days and two negative days. Still have 20 days left to reach the target… :)

Platform is very good so no complains… can not blame it for my results! :cheesy:

Cheers mate. I still think #=4 is a tough ask. Anywhere I've worked in hedgefund land uses 2 as hurdle. I assume they will use (mean(R)-cashrate)/std(R) * sqrt(10) ??

Hi DaftTrader and Pento,

Markets have been very quiet this week. I have struggled to find good trades myself. Stick at it and you could pull it around.

-0.34% is nothing to be concerned about, we all go through down patches. Keep with it and I wish you well!

Hi DaftTrader and Pento,

How did you do in the end?

How did you do in the end?

Hi pboyles,

Still not over.
After 19 trading days I am up 2.79% with a Sharpe of 2.86
11 positive days and 8 negative ones.

Based on my current performance, it will be very difficult to reach the 4.0 desired Sharpe but will try until the end! :)

Will let you know how I finish in a week´s time.

Only 1 more week left? I thought they would have given you longer.

Hope it goes well.

Hi All,

As promised, here is a review about my experience at Pulsar Cap:

When I started the trial I confess I had some doubts about what to expect.
They were an unknown company and basically I could not find any review about it (either positive or negative).

Today, after finishing the simulation, I am well impressed.
They were very professional, clear about what they were looking for on a trader and the platform they used worked just fine. All my doubts were also promptly answered and so I have nothing to complain about.

In respect to my results:
I finished the simulation with a profit of 3.27% and a Sharpe of 2.81.
My highest drawdown during the simulation was 1.76%.

Although ok, this results were not exactly what their company was looking for so, not good enough for them to back me.

The good news are that after finishing the simulation they told me that based on my performance I was allowed to try the sim for one more time.
It seems that somewhere during my trial time they decided to create a new rule that allow traders who were able to achieve all their targets but missed only the Sharpe the chance to try the sim for one more time.
I was unaware of this so it was a good surprise.

And that was it.

Hope this post can help you all and particularly the people that send me private messages asking for a review.

And here I go for another 25 days on the sim! Wish me luck...
:D

Hi All,

They were an unknown company and basically I could not find any review about it (either positive or negative).

They were very professional, clear about what they were looking for on a trader and the platform they used worked just fine. All my doubts were also promptly answered and so I have nothing to complain about.

Although ok, this results were not exactly what their company was looking for so, not good enough for them to back me.

The good news are that after finishing the simulation they told me that based on my performance I was allowed to try the sim for one more time.
It seems that somewhere during my trial time they decided to create a new rule that allow traders who were able to achieve all their targets but missed only the Sharpe the chance to try the sim for one more time.

And that was it.

Hope this post can help you all and particularly the people that send me private messages asking for a review.

123trading,

That is very good trading, especially at such a quiet time in the markets. Things should liven up from next week again so hopefully your second sim phase will work out better. So did you average about 6 or 7 ticks a day roughly? Most people would be happy with that.

Hi 123,

Thanks for your post! I was actually looking for some review of that firm.

Just a quick question,

When you start on sim,

1) how much did you start with (so, if started with $100,000, you should make $3,000 to pass the sim tiral?)
2) how many contracts were u allowed to trade? (what is the margin required per contract?)
3) what is the calculation for Sharp ratio?

Really appreciate your supports!!

Ryan

"Pulsar Capital, an International Proprietary Trading Firm, announced today that it will expand its activities to Asia, South America and Australia.

The company, currently operating with European and North American traders, will start to accept applications from individuals from around the globe who wish to pursue a trading career but do not have the capital to do it......."

http://pr-usa.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=489512&Itemid=29

thank you mate. I plan to sign up today. Will keep you informed of my experience. Best of luck!
Hi All,

And that was it.

anyone who has completed the sim stage and moved on to live trading - and actually made a draw from their account care to say a few words?

Hi All,

And that was it.

What happened? It is now past the 25 extra days.