All trading systems fail

fúcking nazi's

Go to forex factory and ask yourself why scammers aren't selling the free systems people posted for free.Systems do not work , they are there for new traders to get knowledge from .knowledge which is often useless cause it is lagging.

I don't think he's a priest dave.
65.jpg

So what? He's not a trader either.

ODT... Your 44 systems are cooler than cool bro

Attachments

• 1212044209.jpg
    1212044209.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 165
Structure your leverage and trade size so that if you had losses of 70, 92, 42, 39 pips, your account draw-down would not exceed 3-4%... maximum! Yes, you got it right. I am saying that a loss of 243 pips should only make a slight dent in your trading account that should never exceed 4% of your account size.

Re: Free Financial news service

Does anyone know of a free financial news service that is relatively fast that I can use to trade with?

Ran ain't free

Sure, they do a delayed thing for free, but frankly if you're going to trade off that you might as well trade off the financial times!

Pay for their proper service. They're good :)

Ran ain't free

Sure, they do a delayed thing for free, but frankly if you're going to trade off that you might as well trade off the financial times!

Pay for their proper service. They're good :)

How delayed are the live headlines pages - they seem fairly quick to me? I know the audio is delayed by 2mins dude.

they're even more delayed than the audio!

may or may not be delayed from paid for ran, but a proper news source will get them quicker, as ran isn't about quick text news

btw hope you're doing the poker ya big... bender...

Why do 95 % of traders fail, when so many systems are available freely ,and many systems are sold by ***** on the forums?95% of traders lose, because they go onto Forums,place emphasis to "Trading Systems" and get taught how to lose.Most of the losers are offering free systems with 5 stars rating,these failures develop systems

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=211308

Why do 95 % of traders fail, when so many systems are available freely ,and many systems are sold by ***** on the forums?95% of traders lose, because they go onto Forums,place emphasis to "Trading Systems" and get taught how to lose.Most of the losers are offering free systems with 5 stars rating,these failures develop systems

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=211308

the real reason so many retail traders fail has nothing to do with systems. The concept of a system in trading is frankly a load of pigeon 5hit in that success has nothing to do with a system. There are enough functional strategies freely available on the net that can be used to make money. The problem at the end of the day is knowledge. Understanding when to use a strategy, how to use it, and most important of all is understanding the basis that underpins the strategy's success.

lets take a moment to think about a archetypical retail trader.

• -He\She has a job that has nothing to do with trading.
  • -Studying at uni. 95% of which has nothing to do with trading.
  • -Retired, trying to increase wealth.

Retail traders begin their journey handicapped in every way. They face a plethora of information which they have to decipher on their own. Imagine teaching yourself to read and write Chinese where the information you are faced with has a seemingly endless variation of definitions. This is the reality of the retail traders world today and it should surprise anyone why so many fail.

The underlying reason is education. Lets for example use moving averages. For every person that says they work there is another person saying they don't. For every person that says the 200 is best there is another that says the 60 is best. The dilemma facing retails traders is deciphering it all. Who do they listen to? who is right who is wrong?
The problem is accentuated by the fact that we humans are wired to avoid losing and to always win win win.

There is a shimmer of hope I would like to add. Even if you didn't know how to read\write Chinese you will eventually learn the skills over time. The journey however, is filled with an endless supply of failure and most of you will never reach your goal because you not mentally able to withstand the torture for the time it takes to become proficient. How long with it take? the lucky ones get it in a year, most others take years.
Unfortunately this is the road we must walk. We don't have the privilege of being mentored by senior traders at financial institutions and as a result, we have to walk the road alone making the map up as we go along.

The path to success is a mindset that embraces failure as though its your brother. The key to success is successfully aligning your methodology so that it agrees with the market movers enough to make you money. We don't make teddy bears here, a system of red light green light isn't going to make you money period. I guarantee you the big boys that issue $150 million trades are not basing their decisions off that type of methodology. I know this because i know a several traders at a well known institute that base their trading off fundamentals and support\resistance only.

the best thing a retail trader can do is to educate him\herself about the tools that are used by market movers. furthermore, you need to understand what's underpinning market direction. Forget the red light green light BS out there. keep it simple and learn to think like a big gun.

to the op:

you can take a look at the academical explanation as well...very well known as the: EMH.

Speaking of which...i wonder how many of all these "internet philosophers" who criticize the EMh have actually read the original paper where EMH is mentioned for the first time...that is the paper of Fama (was it 1970??)...anyway he claims that UNLESS you have insider information - you can't beat the market and not that no one can do it. Which sounds very logical. Other than that the're 3 forms of emh and finally - emh wasn't even the original idea - it started all the way to 1900 by one french student. SPeaking of which, I have some belief in pure arbitrage, statistical arbitrage and fundamental analysis and think that technical analysis is very overrated even in the case of c++ rbf neural networks - there is just no a priori logic in it...no logical explanation...just tests...

the real reason so many retail traders fail has nothing to do with systems. The concept of a system in trading is frankly a load of pigeon 5hit in that success has nothing to do with a system. There are enough functional strategies freely available on the net that can be used to make money. The problem at the end of the day is knowledge. Understanding when to use a strategy, how to use it, and most important of all is understanding the basis that underpins the strategy's success.

lets take a moment to think about a archetypical retail trader.

• -He\She has a job that has nothing to do with trading.
  • -Studying at uni. 95% of which has nothing to do with trading.
  • -Retired, trying to increase wealth.

Retail traders begin their journey handicapped in every way. They face a plethora of information which they have to decipher on their own. Imagine teaching yourself to read and write Chinese where the information you are faced with has a seemingly endless variation of definitions. This is the reality of the retail traders world today and it should surprise anyone why so many fail.

The underlying reason is education. Lets for example use moving averages. For every person that says they work there is another person saying they don't. For every person that says the 200 is best there is another that says the 60 is best. The dilemma facing retails traders is deciphering it all. Who do they listen to? who is right who is wrong?
The problem is accentuated by the fact that we humans are wired to avoid losing and to always win win win.

There is a shimmer of hope I would like to add. Even if you didn't know how to read\write Chinese you will eventually learn the skills over time. The journey however, is filled with an endless supply of failure and most of you will never reach your goal because you not mentally able to withstand the torture for the time it takes to become proficient. How long with it take? the lucky ones get it in a year, most others take years.
Unfortunately this is the road we must walk. We don't have the privilege of being mentored by senior traders at financial institutions and as a result, we have to walk the road alone making the map up as we go along.

The path to success is a mindset that embraces failure as though its your brother. The key to success is successfully aligning your methodology so that it agrees with the market movers enough to make you money. We don't make teddy bears here, a system of red light green light isn't going to make you money period. I guarantee you the big boys that issue $150 million trades are not basing their decisions off that type of methodology. I know this because i know a several traders at a well known institute that base their trading off fundamentals and support\resistance only.

the best thing a retail trader can do is to educate him\herself about the tools that are used by market movers. furthermore, you need to understand what's underpinning market direction. Forget the red light green light BS out there. keep it simple and learn to think like a big gun.

Having systems isn't enough, one needs the knowledge of when to apply each system.Systems can also fail.

The financial trading system failed, why can't all trading systems fail?
The financial system failed and caused a financial crisis, the participants were highly learned people of PHDS and a load of academics.Should we blame something else for the failure of systems?

to the op:

you can take a look at the academical explanation as well...very well known as the: EMH.

Speaking of which...i wonder how many of all these "internet philosophers" who criticize the EMh have actually read the original paper where EMH is mentioned for the first time...that is the paper of Fama (was it 1970??)...anyway he claims that UNLESS you have insider information - you can't beat the market and not that no one can do it. Which sounds very logical. Other than that the're 3 forms of emh and finally - emh wasn't even the original idea - it started all the way to 1900 by one french student. SPeaking of which, I have some belief in pure arbitrage, statistical arbitrage and fundamental analysis and think that technical analysis is very overrated even in the case of c++ rbf neural networks - there is just no a priori logic in it...no logical explanation...just tests...

Success depends on trading and market insight and knowledge of the trader, and how he applies it and executes the the game plan into profitability.Systems will fail , good discretionary traders will make money.It all boils down to how good the trader is, and he doesn't need inside information or technical analysis which can also fail.

Enough said

ODT - That was probably a bit cheeky of me, as my live trading is still relatively early days. Have done a fair amount of homework though - but - threads like this are a killer.
If I think about all the theory I've read, it's a lot. Putting that into practice is even more difficult after reading that all systems will fail (apart from your 44 ;)) - the reason for it becoming more difficult is that I thought the ultimate goal was to define a system that works for you (me) and be disciplined in following its rules.

The extension of that would be to work in an emotionless way, always adhering to your system.
Except systems are bound to fail. So you need discretion.

So does this mean the only way to become a successful trader is to watch watch watch charts and ultimately become entirely discretionary?? Is it worth devising a system in the first place if in the end you know you'll need to override it to be profitable?

Sounds like a dumb question reading it back - I guess what I am really getting at is do you (those who consider yourselves successful traders) still have a system for entries, exits, mm, which you apply discretion to or are you entirely discretionary with few system-type rules?

Re: Free Financial news service

Anyone know of a free financial news service that is relatively fast that I can use to trade with ?:?: