All Systems Are Predictive

I still do not see how the distinction you are making has any practical use for a trader, newbie or seasoned.

The practical use for a newbie is this - stop looking for ways to trade that do not include personal responsibility for the decision making process as regards entering the market.

Such methods are the trading equivalent of perpetual motion engines.

It is only upon embracing that decision making process that you'll make progress. Attempts to absolve yourself of decision making are the path to ruin.

I remember early on doing an Optionetics course - it billed itself very highly. Much was to be learnt. It promised to be the only thing you'd ever need. The problem was, at no point did it mention anything on how to assess the market. It was all based on ways to trade once you had made a call on future action or inaction. So - whilst it was billed as 'all a newbie would ever need', it never once addressed the most important factor of calling the market.

You can see people seeking absolution on this site every day. There are others encouraging them, presumably because they are doing the same. It becomes a big circle-jerk of people encourraging people to join the search for something that cannot exist due to some fundamental and inescapable truths about the market.

Last edited:
The practical use for a newbie is this - stop looking for ways to trade that do not include personal responsibility for the decision making process as regards entering the market.

I think I now understand your point. And I do not disagree with it in principle. However, it remains my contention that not focusing on money management is the most irresponsible act of a trader.

Certainly having something to back up your decision to enter the market is wise. And the trader is primarily responsible for learning to make that decision. In my view, the point of the random entry experiments is to prove that if you can mess up some and still survive. It takes more than random entry to thrive.

You must survive to thrive.

I think I now understand your point. And I do not disagree with it in principle. However, it remains my contention that not focusing on money management is the most irresponsible act of a trader.

You must survive to thrive.

I violently resemble this remark.

Anyhow Howard, me old chum, are you going to give us some trade calls at some point, didn't you mention this a while ago?

All players cannot make money. In theory, in practice.

You omit to mention the insidious effects of INFLATION. In the UK right now, one needs to make 4.5% a year just to stand still. My Interactive Brokers account pays me roughly zero percent on my £ and $ balances -sigh-.

All players cannot make money * in real terms *.

There are many hedged and non predictive discretionary methods which make money.Traders do not discuss them on forums.It is intellectual property worth billions, and nobody is going to SHARE and hand it to you for free on forums.F O.

Ah, here comes the small pen1s ODT to defecate his sh1t on this thread.

It made interesting reading until ODT turned up. Thread over.

Moderators, I know you're reading this - please can you explain why you allow this idiot to continue posting? I am aware I can place him on 'ignore', but what is the point of his existence on this forum?

If every time I posted I typed "the moon is made of cheese" (and nothing else), would you ban me or allow it? Bear in mind that this sentence contains more useful information than anything ODT has ever posted.

Ah, here comes the small pen1s ODT to defecate his sh1t on this thread.

It made interesting reading until ODT turned up. Thread over.

Go ask Goldman Sachs for proprietary knowledge on their hft.Don't bother they will come and dump it on this forum like horse5hit for free. Yoo people stop living in cuckooland.

Moderators, I know you're reading this - please can you explain why you allow this idiot to continue posting? I am aware I can place him on 'ignore', but what is the point of his existence on this forum?

If every time I posted I typed "the moon is made of cheese" (and nothing else), would you ban me or allow it? Bear in mind that this sentence contains more useful information than anything ODT has ever posted.

Just cause you lot don't have the intellectual knowledge doesn't mean it does not exist.

1)Behind every intellectual is an ordinary bloke trying to express himself.

2)Ignorance is bliss.

Go ask Goldman Sachs for proprietary knowledge on their hft.Don't bother they will come and dump it on this forum like horse5hit for free. Yoo people stop living in cuckooland.

What are you talking about? This sentence doesn't even make sense, nor does it relate to anything that anyone else has said.

I appreciate that English is not your mother tongue, but if you can't understand what anyone is saying, why don't you wait until your English improves before contributing? Or maybe you enjoy being treated like the village idiot?

By the way, have you told Goldman that all systems fail in the end? They should be told before they lose any money.

What are you talking about? This sentence doesn't even make sense, nor does it relate to anything that anyone else has said.

I appreciate that English is not your mother tongue, but if you can't understand what anyone is saying, why don't you wait until your English improves before contributing? Or maybe you enjoy being treated like the village idiot?

By the way, have you told Goldman that all systems fail in the end? They should be told before they lose any money.

Do you guys know what you are really talking about, or do you think you know what you are talking about?

Anyhow Howard, me old chum, are you going to give us some trade calls at some point, didn't you mention this a while ago?

Glad to do it. What is the recommended format, location and timing?

I could publish the details of the spreads that expired in November in the same thread where I published the results. Or we could follow the trades I just made with the funds released from margin this past weekend. The only additional trade I will be making over the short term is some weeklies that are "preproduction" (small money trading) at the moment.

Put it in the journal section Howard and create a thread in there.

In process.

I'm reading the stickies to get a feel for format and organization of content. I'm also preparing material to help in explain the content.

I'm vacationing with my granddaughter (and her mother and father) for US Thanksgiving so that is where my priorities lie. I miss my Treadmill/Desk. Target delivery date is this coming Sunday.

You might find it quite therapeutic. I'd certainly be interested to read it. Let us know..

I'm strongly considering enabling posts by others in the thread. If I limit it at all, it will be to just my critics. ;) I'll retain the right to moderate posts that offend my personal sense of appropriateness.

I'm strongly considering enabling posts by others in the thread. If I limit it at all, it will be to just my critics. ;) I'll retain the right to moderate posts that offend my personal sense of appropriateness.

Howard

You are O K ,THERE ARE A LOAD OF LUNATICS ON THE NET.

I find your posts very polite and intelligent.