All trading systems fail

Isn't it if a trading system works and is sold then the market will absorb it and then it will be worthless!

im selling one for $499 (exl vat)

for that modest price, cheaper than many on the market you get:

-an ebook filled with perfect setups showing you how to make 10% a day
-backtest results to show all your family and friends
-a t-shirt that says im cooler than ODT

current results do not indicate future results

Just with all technologies the bar is being continually raised.
If you have a world beating system then keep quiet about it imho

Return divided by drawdown is probably the quickest way to determine the worth of a trading system.

Above 1 - you're good to go.

Below 0.5 - you'll struggle.

There is no "holy grail".. all systems (or discretionary traders even) will encounter drawdown. The question is - how much drawdown are you prepared to tolerate, and what do you anticipate your returns to be.

But that's probably a bit too much for most people, who focus only on the "reward" and not the "risk".

This whole thread is actually quite silly.

Re: Free Financial news service

Bloomberg

Haven't time to read the whole thread but for my tuppence worth, it is worth stating the obvious which is:-

no systems are 100% correct except hindsight

so you got a system and it's 70% correct !
Will be a winner some of the time then

Newsstrike provides important breaking and financial news which is relatively fast,and it is a free service.

Never paid a penny for a system and never intend to. There are plenty of good natured people and great books out there to set you up for life.

Lodian

Plenty of people looking to set you up...

Peter

I was referring to the 2-5 people that have spent hours with me helping me , get my self in the game. The only thing they have ever asked for is for me to put in equal effort and to share what I know when I see someone else new coming on to the chess board.

Lodian

I was referring to the 2-5 people that have spent hours with me helping me , get my self in the game. The only thing they have ever asked for is for me to put in equal effort and to share what I know when I see someone else new coming on to the chess board.

Lodian

I understood what you meant!
I was just having some fun with words. :cheesy:

Peter

Last edited:
Trying to predict the future is always going to lead you to having no money at all ! Technicals are all very nice and well, but it may just be just a way to justify what you are doing. If you go and place a "buy" because you feel like it, you're irresponsible. If you go and place a "buy" because there is a chance of making money (based on calculations and numbers), you're prudent. Go figure!