All trading systems fail

There was only one ODT , the only man with balls to foretell you "all your trading systems will fail, before you lose money on them"

Er, you're the man using 44 systems, but other people's systems will fail where yours don't? Yup, yup, I think I need to call it a day on t2w, what is the value in this type of exchange ..

Er, you're the man using 44 systems, but other people's systems will fail where yours don't? Yup, yup, I think I need to call it a day on t2w, what is the value in this type of exchange ..

it serves entertainment value..hell without it life with T2W would be boring

44 systems don't all fail at the same time, but if yoo only got 3 to 4 trading systems they can all fail at the same time.

Out of 44 systems 5 to 10 might fail, but the rest make money.:LOL:

I think we have a severe case of hubris here from ODT.

44 systems? Ridiculous number. Are you trying to tell us that all 44 systems have independant parameters and no correlation with one another? I doubt that very much.

If you have 2 systems with moving averages then their results will be correlated, no matter what the MA periods you are using. If the market dive 10% in a week they will all be giving the same signal.

Same goes for all other systems that have moving averages in their components, e.g bollanger, RSI, trix, Stochastics to name a few. They are all suprisingly correlated - whether that correlation is negative or positive - I guarantee it won't be zero.

Which means that it's highly unlikely 5-10 will fail - more like 20+ will fail.

His existence has made me consider quitting this site. I don't imagine anyone will care, I'm not going to start a thread like NRothschild "I'm off", but I get less and less from this site now. There is the occasional tidbit, but my oh my is there the biggest pile of dogsh1t to wade thru ...

The earlier yoo leaves the better , cause yoo write so much crap .

YOO wrote crap about John Henry

Here is the truth

Losing Streak

The currency fund of John W. Henry & Co., founded by and named for the owner of the Boston Red Sox baseball team, had a three-year losing streak from 2005 to 2007 as currency volatility dropped to record lows, leaving little room to profit from moves up or down.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=a4znXuJFbQz0

44 systems? Ridiculous number. Are you trying to tell us that all 44 systems have independant parameters and no correlation with one another? I doubt that very much.

If you have 2 systems with moving averages then their results will be correlated, no matter what the MA periods you are using. If the market dive 10% in a week they will all be giving the same signal.

Same goes for all other systems that have moving averages in their components, e.g bollanger, RSI, trix, Stochastics to name a few. They are all suprisingly correlated - whether that correlation is negative or positive - I guarantee it won't be zero.

Answer this ODT, without copy and pasting something.

The system triggers are correlated , but entries and exits are triggered at different intervals/levels.Approximately maximum 20 systems can be triggered on the same day, but others are exited before adding new entries, so most likely 10 will fail rather than 20.

His existence has made me consider quitting this site. I don't imagine anyone will care, I'm not going to start a thread like NRothschild "I'm off", but I get less and less from this site now. There is the occasional tidbit, but my oh my is there the biggest pile of dogsh1t to wade thru ...

Why do you let him get to you like that? Plenty of good stuff on this site, but you are focusing on the wrong things. You've made plenty of good contributions.
Just my opinion. Kick me if I'm out of line.

Peter

Most purchased systems fail simply because they have been purchased. This shows that:
1. The trader can't be bothered to work it out himself
2. Why are they selling this system if it makes XXX% much per month? If its that great, they shouldn't have to waste their time selling that crap.

This may have already been said but I canne be assed to read through all 12 pages.

Cheers,
Gibson

Most purchased systems fail simply because they have been purchased. This shows that:
1. The trader can't be bothered to work it out himself
2. Why are they selling this system if it makes XXX% much per month? If its that great, they shouldn't have to waste their time selling that crap.

This may have already been said but I canne be assed to read through all 12 pages.

Cheers,
Gibson

Purchased systems include systems rented on a monthly or trade by trade subscription.

Why do you let him get to you like that? Plenty of good stuff on this site, but you are focusing on the wrong things. You've made plenty of good contributions.
Just my opinion. Kick me if I'm out of line.

Peter

You also trade systems which will eventually fail, just wait until market becomes more random and volatility increases on your 8 pip stops.You don't have the knowledge to be a discretionary trader.:LOL::LOL:

First Yoo have to do the knowledge of discretionary trading, by trading live with discretionary trades, more like London cabbies doing the knowledge.The difference is street remain in the same place , s/and r changes with volatility and momentum like the speed of a roulette wheel.

ODT - Now you're referring to yourself in the third person. It's a sure sign of delusional behaviour.

I have yet to find an automated system that does not work. You guys are missing the the most obvious point, you don't know where the market is going or why.
Think of it as using automation to fly an airplane, you can't put a plane into a hurricane and expect it make it through. The entire financial market is a hurricane and there are only small windows of opportunity to profit. Automation only exists to trade, because sitting in front of the computer becomes physically exausting after 12+ hours. To use any 'system' one has to already been profitable, knowing where the 'macro' factors are pushing the market.
Do you know what the price of Cotton, Oats, Natural gas are? Do you know how they relate to the curreny being traded?
You guys are buying a plane putting it on the run way and trying to fly by just pushing a button, having no idea about your load parametes, length of run way or what lies ahead 15,oooft up.
Ultimately you need some one who knows what there doing to get you to 15k up, be able to scan all the flight indicators, see there's an open window, then turn on the 'auto pilot' while continuing to monitor flight controls.

That's what trading this market involves.
:)

Last edited:
ODT - Now you're referring to yourself in the third person. It's a sure sign of delusional behaviour.

The only deluded people are system traders with one or two systems to give them a living from trading.

For the sake of the happiness of retards, all systems work with huge drawdowns.

44 systems? Ridiculous number.

It isnt quite so ridiculous if you think sensibly about how to minimise correlation. Its the only remotely sensible thing ODT say's (and he stole that idea from someone else without fully understanding it)

(I see ODT was kind/stupid enough to supply more info about how he minimised correlation ! what more does anyone want ? )