£50/pip eur/usd 5k account.

I agree yesterday was abnormal. (Look at the drop in gold for one thing).

If it's any consolation, I was also short EUR/USD :-(
(not with quite so high a leverage though).

I had been going to ask: what was the background to this?

Why the choice of so high a leverage?

I assume there was some particular reason.

Good question, MM.

Tbh mate, i wanted something a little less dull, and going by the 'norm' i still stand by my decision....except for the fact of a huge green daily...but this is reality.

Yesterdays daily move on the eurdol was probably the biggest this year, i chased it and got caught out, i hold my hands up.

Like i've said before, i'm really not into 'scalping' journals or 'here's one i did earlier' types,....there not worth sh!t in my opinion. They are just as unrealistic as the original topic of this journal in all honesty.

So for a beginner like myself, what's the difference between £5 per pip and £50 per pip? wouldn't the setups and the stops be the same or are we less careful with a fiver?

So for a beginner like myself, what's the difference between £5 per pip and £50 per pip? wouldn't the setups and the stops be the same or are we less careful with a fiver?

Try it for yerself and get back to us...:cheesy:

Enlightenment !

Now bend over and show us your starfish !

The difference is that when price starts going against you rapidly, the losses (or reductions in profit) will grow much quicker.

Gets the pulse rate going.

Sorry about the delay guys and girls....but everyone needs a hol.

Something for the weekend.

Short 2950, stop 2300, target 2850.

I'm not going to waffle on, i'll just keep posting.

Back on side. I'll leave the other trade on and buy 3050, 25 pt stop target 3125. Total risk, 40 pips.

Based on the current sluggishness, 13k or 11am, is probably a more reasonable target for the 3045 trade.