$2,200 in profits today

I didn't have the time or desire to look, but if you would be so kind, I would like to see some of your threads where you posted charts and details about your trading method. I see you have many posts so I'm sure you have posted charts and the like.

yep, all documented in my journal "ES Tonight"

with trades called before the event rather than conjured up out of my imagination ......

I must say, your OTT histrionics in reaction to my prodding, do seem to be an over-reaction. Perhaps feeling guilty about your krap, or trying too hard to convince others ?

I didn't have the time or desire to look, but if you would be so kind, I would like to see some of your threads where you posted charts and details about your trading method. I see you have many posts so I'm sure you have posted charts and the like.
Hi sniper,
If you click on a members' username you'll be taken to their profile page. One there, if you click on the 'statistics' drop down menu, you're then given the choice of being able to search for posts or threads started by that user. Here's r_e's:
rathcoole_exile
Regarding your earlier point about saving charts, you can get around the problem by hitting the 'PrtSc' key and then opening MS Paint and pasting the screen grab. From there, you can crop the image and add notation etc.
Tim.

Hi Sniper,

I think the reason you have ruffled a few feathers is because we get so many people coming through this forum stating the amount of pips/money they made this day/week/month, reeling in a load of gullibles newbies who then part with their time and money to no avail. Either that or the just do it to boast or troll. As you've already said you are doing nothing of the sort, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are just offering people some help out of the kindness of your heart! In which case, as a struggling trader, I'd be more than happy to hear what you have to say but may I suggest that you start a new thread/journal detailing some of you methods/setups/trades. I am sure that will be much more constructive, though not as funny, as this thread...

Sam.

Sniper
I am going to challenge you on a technicality because you seem to be posting your wildly fabulous trades and not the losing ones and because you are encouraging people to contact you about your method which makes me think you are selling something. Most people who use threads here to demonstrate methods do it for free and show the good and the bad (real trading).

I have traded inside bars for some time, I have even had an EA created to extensively back-test them, the best methods of filtering out the bad ones and testing methods of taking profit and moving stops to make it profitable as a trading system. Firstly it isn't easy to do. Inside bars represent a moment of pause or indecision in the market, not a sure fire signal to buy or sell. The win rate trading this way is pretty close to 50/50 so how you manage the trades is key to being profitable. The risk:reward factor of their size is the most attractive aspect of them. I haven't seen you disclose anywhere in your thread what your hit rate is with this method.

Secondly, there is no such thing as an inside bar/pin bar combo. If you read Pring's definition of a pinocchio bar the length of the tail and the LOCATION of the bar are the most important factors in calling it a pin bar. By that simple definition a pin bar can never be an inside bar. It is merely an inside bar with an open and close close together at one end. You may have a good filter here because inside bars with this shape *might* be more indicative of a pullback in a trend rather than an inside bar that is a true pause or indecision but the way you are classifying them is misleading and you might want to define it better if you want people to take you seriously and learn from you.

All of the above is meant to be constructive criticism and I hope you will take it that way.
I still trade inside bars (although they are not my only method) and they are useful but they are not the "holy grail" and trade management is the most important factor. Showing others on this forum real results and that your winners do indeed outperform your losers would be much more inspiring to newbies.

Reactions: BSD
Actually, my first thread was just such a thread and that was roundly critisized as well. But I'll take your advice.
Hi Sniper,

I think the reason you have ruffled a few feathers is because we get so many people coming through this forum stating the amount of pips/money they made this day/week/month, reeling in a load of gullibles newbies who then part with their time and money to no avail. Either that or the just do it to boast or troll. As you've already said you are doing nothing of the sort, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are just offering people some help out of the kindness of your heart! In which case, as a struggling trader, I'd be more than happy to hear what you have to say but may I suggest that you start a new thread/journal detailing some of you methods/setups/trades. I am sure that will be much more constructive, though not as funny, as this thread...

Sam.

We all lose trades. That is what stop losses are for. I lost about 48 pips on friday but when the day was over, I had a very nice profit. If you wish to speak to the individuals who reached out to me about the method, which I never claimed to be my own, they will clearly tell you that I gave them a ton of useful information. Nobody is on here sellin anything. I am not trying to do that and if you would like to contact people from this forum who I have given information to, please let me know so that I can provide you with their screen names. I don't know where you get the idea that I'm selling something. Maybe you shoud read all of my posts b4 you say something that isn't true. How can I sell it? All you need to do is research it, practice trade it then get it poppin with your live trading. I'm attaching an example of an inside bar/pin bar combo. The chart is a daily of the eur/jpy. If you use pivots or sup/res levels, it will enhance what you're doing. I traded this with total confidence. It was above the weekly open and the IB closed above resistance. What mor do you need?
Sniper
I am go ing to challenge you on a technicality because you seem to be posting your wildly fabulous trades and not the losing ones and because you are encouraging people to contact you about your method which makes me think you are selling something. Most people who use threads here to demonstrate methods do it for free and show the good and the bad (real trading).

I have traded inside bars for some time, I have even had an EA created to extensively back-test them, the best methods of filtering out the bad ones and testing methods of taking profit and moving stops to make it profitable as a trading system. Firstly it isn't easy to do. Inside bars represent a moment of pause or indecision in the market, not a sure fire signal to buy or sell. The win rate trading this way is pretty close to 50/50 so how you manage the trades is key to being profitable. The risk:reward factor of their size is the most attractive aspect of them. I haven't seen you disclose anywhere in your thread what your hit rate is with this method.

Secondly, there is no such thing as an inside bar/pin bar combo. If you read Pring's definition of a pinocchio bar the length of the tail and the LOCATION of the bar are the most important factors in calling it a pin bar. By that simple definition a pin bar can never be an inside bar. It is merely an inside bar with an open and close close together at one end. You may have a good filter here because inside bars with this shape *might* be more indicative of a pullback in a trend rather than an inside bar that is a true pause or indecision but the way you are classifying them is misleading and you might want to define it better if you want people to take you seriously and learn from you.

All of the above is meant to be constructive criticism and I hope you will take it that way.
I still trade inside bars (although they are not my only method) and they are useful but they are not the "holy grail" and trade management is the most important factor. Showing others on this forum real results and that your winners do indeed outperform your losers would be much more inspiring to newbies.

Attachments

• eurjpy.gif
    eurjpy.gif
    55 KB · Views: 192
We all lose trades. That is what stop losses are for. I lost about 48 pips on friday but when the day was over, I had a very nice profit. If you wish to speak to the individuals who reached out to me about the method, which I never claimed to be my own, they will clearly tell you that I gave them a ton of useful information. Nobody is on here sellin anything. I am not trying to do that and if you would like to contact people from this forum who I have given information to, please let me know so that I can provide you with their screen names. I don't know where you get the idea that I'm selling something. Maybe you shoud read all of my posts b4 you say something that isn't true. How can I sell it? All you need to do is research it, practice trade it then get it poppin with your live trading. I'm attaching an example of an inside bar/pin bar combo. The chart is a daily of the eur/jpy. If you use pivots or sup/res levels, it will enhance what you're doing. I traded this with total confidence. It was above the weekly open and the IB closed above resistance. What mor do you need?

You are a feeble joke, you don't make any money, you are unprofitable, you lose on a consistent basis with REAL money, you have inferiority complex issues and you need to sort yourself out and stop posting bullsh1t demo hindsight trades.

actually, I do post trades before they happen.I post set ups and I post the trades as they happen, and I also post the end results. I posted a set up just this past friday. The trigger was not hit but hey, that's the market for you. So b4 you start making unfounded comments, be sure to have your facts straight. But you know what, I'm not going to spend time during the power hours to say "hey..look what I'm about to do in 15 minutes" just to make you happy. When time permits, I do, but making pips is a little more important to me than posting set ups everyday. I have no reason to feel inferior to people that I do not know. I came on this forum minding my own business. You're the cyber tough guy with all the big talk my dude, not me. And please keep in mind that YOU initially responded to MY THREAD.I have never responded to a single thread on this forum. But you seem to have plenty of time to seek me out and leave multiple responses. As far as what kind of money I make, well..that comment is within the realm of what I would expect from someone of limited intellct. Instead of displaying a little equaminity, you've allowed your cage to be rattled and you've been reduced to a name caller. That means I own you. I can say many things about you but I could never, nor would I ever say that you are unprofitable or that you don't make money or that you lose on a consistent basis because I CANNOT CONFIRM THAT. It's certainly possible that you are the most profitable trader on the forum, although it is highly unlikely. Either way, I opt not to make statements without something concrete to back it up. I could theoretically say that YOU are unprofitable because it's obvious that you are an emotional individual and usually, a person who trades based on emotion is not ever going to make a steady profit. But I don't know this for sure. You have plausible deniability on your side. So why don't we do this, you stay off of my thread and I'll stay off of yours....oh..my bad..I was NEVER ON YOURS.
You are a feeble joke, you don't make any money, you are unprofitable, you lose on a consistent basis with REAL money, you have inferiority complex issues and you need to sort yourself out and stop posting bullsh1t demo hindsight trades.

Last edited:
Is that right? I don't seem to have a 'PrtSc' key on my laptop. I use a Mac but I don't recall seeing that key on any computer that I have ever used. I'll get it figured out though. Thanks for the advice though.
Hi sniper,
If you click on a members' username you'll be taken to their profile page. One there, if you click on the 'statistics' drop down menu, you're then given the choice of being able to search for posts or threads started by that user. Here's r_e's:
rathcoole_exile
Regarding your earlier point about saving charts, you can get around the problem by hitting the 'PrtSc' key and then opening MS Paint and pasting the screen grab. From there, you can crop the image and add notation etc.
Tim.

Is that right? I don't seem to have a 'PrtSc' key on my laptop. I use a Mac but I don't recall seeing that key on any computer that I have ever used. I'll get it figured out though. Thanks for the advice though.

can u not see how stupid you are making yourself look ?
the sooner you drop this ridiculous charade and admit you don't trade for real, which is why you can't upload images, the better.

Attachments

• keyboard.jpg
    keyboard.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 188
I'm sure that picture is the keyboard of a MACBOOK right? Somehow it doesn't look like MY macbook keyboard but what do I know? Maybe you are not aware of this but there is a slight difference between the keyboard on a pc and a keyboard on a mac. :smart:
the sooner you drop this ridiculous charade and admit you don't trade for real, which is why you can't upload images, the better.

funny, i don't see a command button on that attachment but somehow, I seem to have 2 command buttons on my laptop. How can that be? My computer must be from bizarro world. Is this a forum for traders or for computer nerds who either; keep pics of keyboards handy on their computers or go through the trouble or finding such a pic, downloading it, inserting little circles on the pic and then uploading them on a forum? And I look stupid?

I'm sure that picture is the keyboard of a MACBOOK right? Somehow it doesn't look like MY macbook keyboard but what do I know? Maybe you are not aware of this but there is a slight difference between the keyboard on a pc and a keyboard on a mac. :smart:

To print screen in a Macbook:

Switch to the screen that you want to to do screen capture of,
Hold down Apple command key ⌘ + Shift + 3 and release all
then use your mouse to click on the screen. You will hear a shutter sound and you are done. You will see a picture file in at your desktop. That’s the screen capture picture.
You can also do a screen capture for a portion of your screen.

does that work if you're running windows on your mac?

then use your mouse to click on the screen. You will hear a shutter sound and you are done. You will see a picture file in at your desktop. That’s the screen capture picture.

I've figured out what I'll do. I'll just take pics of my real account charts with my cell phone or digital cam and then just post them like that. But just for my own edification, let me make sure I have that key combination correct. it's command,shift and the number 3 all at the same time, release and then click on the screen, correct?