40-100 pips aday trading system

That said, your second chart (and I note you appear to be using Stochs on divergence with price which has historically proven far superior to the more standard overbought/oversold rules) shows you taking a trade when the Stoch was at the 50 level and flat – so outside of Jim’s method. A valid trade and a good one, but nothing to do with Jim’s methods.

Go on then Tony, you got me bang to rights! :cheesy:

And yeah, if the dude tightened his stoch's or whatever else he wanted to supplement his bar prints with, to observing divergences around key prints at/or around the key supply-demand zones, undoubtedly he'd lower the potential risk of a blowback.

I agree with your points re: prep & presentation - he could have primed his walk onto the stage with a slicker pitch, but he aint got such a bad template to be honest. I've seen a whole lot worse, & some of it actually turn a profit LOL.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree over what's deemed important JTrader.

I don't consider a $50 slideshow into a workable strategy a whole big hanging offense. Not in this goddamned industry anyhow.

Give the guy a break - in fact if he asks real nice I'll consider shaking the kinks out of his little strategy & pumping the crap out of it LOL :cool:

Well spotted TB the stoch level was at 50 on this mornings chart.

Goddamit, I'm suffering from your affliction today JTrader (got too much time on my hands) :D That's a shake of humor before you go chasing me with a black hood & rope handcuffs!

You fella's allow me to swap that bad attitude Cable chart for this Geppy one?

C'mon Jim lad, get your fat cat lawyers to drum up a watertight contract, & lets get to thowing this baby around a little ;)

There's a whole stack of kids out there, eyes wide to burstin, pockets hanging south with shiny $ bills & heads swimming with fancy idea's!

Best get another suite of rooms booked - we'll have ourselves a queue forming by 1st light!

Attachments

• 40-100(3).gif
    40-100(3).gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 505
Ampro, you're going to turn young JT's head with all that fancy talk and pristine charting action.

You set the fee level yet....? Swap you a Darksiders Guidebook.

Goddamit, I'm suffering from your affliction today JTrader (got too much time on my hands) :D That's a shake of humor before you go chasing me with a black hood & rope handcuffs!

You fella's allow me to swap that bad attitude Cable chart for this Geppy one?

C'mon Jim lad, get your fat cat lawyers to drum up a watertight contract, & lets get to thowing this baby around a little ;)

There's a whole stack of kids out there, eyes wide to burstin, pockets hanging south with shiny $ bills & heads swimming with fancy idea's!

Best get another suite of rooms booked - we'll have ourselves a queue forming by 1st light!

Thnaks ampro

just what this thread needs - example screenshots!

No doubt that it does work nicely, as does all of TA on its day.
My skepticism is/was regarding how does the IB/stoch help make the 40-100 pips EVERY day.....but i now see several other additional discretionary decision making aids are included also......

You set the fee level yet....? Swap you a Darksiders Guidebook.

Ha ha ha, I'm keeping it zipped Tony till Jim & his shiny suited mercenaries come knocking! I'll likely weaken my negotiating power if I get to hot-airing $$'s too much on public bb's :cheesy: But those fee's will indeed be handsomely high!!

I need to see the color of their eyes & smell the flavor of the commissions before setting the mic up in his skype domains.

Darksiders guidebook huh? That old classic still in print?! LOL.

I'll bear it in mind for future reference ;)

No doubt that it does work nicely, as does all of TA on its day.

My skepticism is/was regarding how does the IB/stoch help make the 40-100 pips EVERY day.....but i now see several other additional discretionary decision making aids are included also......

Yeah, I hear ya.

I haven't really looked at it properly JTrader, merely speed read it & hauled those examples up on the run.

Like you rightly say, most of this sort of stuff works a fair lick of time. If it's engineered sensibly at or around key psychological (reactionary) levels & it stands up to decent bar/candle observations, then you got a head start on most of the poorly designed & presented crap out there.

FX is a pretty emotive instrument class & a busy old dance hall. If you got a robust set of tools & a steady, stable mind, you can negotiate in & around the big players battleships pretty safely.

Too many folks attempt (too often) to swim against the rough tide when trading these instruments. That + running skinny stops & gunning on ill conceived action plans is a recipe for disaster in my view.

Like I say, Jim has himself the raw basis of a workable set of tools. It's simple, & light on indicators (always a good ploy). I don't guess he'll have too much trouble returning a wage if he plays the levels & zones sensibly!

Here goes when the IB forms look at stocks if its high around the 80 mark crossed or hooked over then take a short when the trigger candle the 3rd candle in the group passes below the IB by 1-2 pips use fibs to look for a possible profit target. if stocks head to the 20 area in a strong trend they could stay there i while does not matter but if they turn and hook up and go back over 20 then look for a new IB.to go long thats the simple styal but i teach diffrent set ups to aviod fake trades. and if you trade on your own 30 min to 1hr time frame is good i use 15 in traning but yes it is a bacis but the idea is very basic and simple but we use fibs and trends lines when the guys are new but its teaching how to use price action.

Hope this helps

Jim

Hi Jim

this bit of explanation helps a bit further.

Thanks.

PS. sorry if i was rude B4 :eek: :rolleyes: :) .

This one was pointed out to me when I got in this morning. Geppy set-up from late y'day. I think I remember reading he observes the important & popular level activity, which certainly includes round (00's) numbers, especially butting obvious s&r line behaviour.

As with any form of tech activity, where it occurs & how the bars stack up with accompanying (herd activity?)information will often tip the nod as to the trade potential. Patience is the big driver with these type of strategies. Keep the powder dry until the big fat momma waddles into view!

I guess he & his disciples pretty much look for this type of action, especially in strong directional flows? If they don't, then it would be prudent to. Maybe he'll let this audience in on a little more info if he has a mind?

Anyway, there it is. I better get to work & see if I can't bank a few pips today.

Attachments

• 40-100(4).gif
    40-100(4).gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 564
My system provides two Stochastics:

Parameters for the first - known as PS Stoch RSI - are Range, Upper Band, Lower Band, Range Sum and Length.

For the second the parameters are Period, SK, SD (for these two only whole numbers, not decimals, eg 3 but not 3.5), Media (Exponential, Simple, Flat).

Which is the right one (the second?), and parameter adjustments?

NT,

“At least you get your money's worth with sex.”

Unless you trade the discount end of the market. Not that I would know – a friend read it somewhere.

Ampro,

Were you a scriptwriter for Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure?

Grant.

so you won't be coming out to bangkok soon ? to buy a trading strategy i mean .....:cheesy:

No Bangkok is not on my list i'm afraid, lady boys an me do not mix!

That reminds me of when we went to Amsterdam a few years back in the RLD (window shopping only ;) ) i was gazing at an attractive "woman" for a fair few seconds, "she" was smiling back. "She" then lifted "her" skirt to reveal the crown jewels - meat & two veg :eek: :eek: - a true shock, horror.......lets get the hell out of here moment, you know when your jaw drops, but for the wrong reasons........:LOL:!

Last edited:
No Bangkok is not on my list i'm afraid, lady boys an me do not mix!

i've got a load of mates coming over in a few weeks for the baby's christening, well that's the excuse.
including some newbies making their debut tours to City of Angels. Am planning to try to have some fun stitching up some of the more gullible lads :D

i've got a load of mates coming over in a few weeks for the baby's christening, well that's the excuse.
including some newbies making their debut tours to City of Angels. Am planning to try to have some fun stitching up some of the more gullible lads :D

Anyone with 1/4 of a brain wouldn't go near a Bangkok pro, even if that type of activity was their thing. I saw a documentary probably over 10 years ago, saying that a very high % are HIV positve. This % is not likely to have decreased since then :rolleyes: .

A measured response Ampro. Regardless of your view of JT's patience infarction, Jim hasn't done himself any favours with his posted example or the fairly ambiguous and subjective 'rules' of his system. I’m not hitting Jim at all, it’s great he’s chosen to share, but as I say, he hasn’t presented himself or his system in the best light. System designers are not necessarily (rarely in fact) system packagers – because they don’t normally need to be. But if you’re going to choose to be one (either commercially or as in this case, by publishing on a board publicly), then either do it right or get someone to do it right for you.

That said, your second chart (and I note you appear to be using Stochs on divergence with price which has historically proven far superior to the more standard overbought/oversold rules) shows you taking a trade when the Stoch was at the 50 level and flat – so outside of Jim’s method. A valid trade and a good one, but nothing to do with Jim’s methods.

Hi there bramble

It is a valid trade

Jim

Hello,

Have you tried this system with NR4IB set up (Narrow Range 4 Inside Bar)? Have you tried on Daily charts? Is your time CET?

Regards