Attachments

• GC 02-14 (1 Min)  13_12_2013.jpg
    GC 02-14 (1 Min) 13_12_2013.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Couldn't post this one realtime.
+12c
very quick.
Again, a but unlike my usual strategy, but looked like a possible breakup, so I jumped on bored with a small stop/target

Attachments

• CL 01-14 (1 Min)  13_12_2013.jpg
    CL 01-14 (1 Min) 13_12_2013.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 171
Update:
48 trades
337 pips
7 trading sessions

Hospital tonight for some tests. Probably home tomorrow morning.
I might stop the experiment at 50 trades, or at least the 'real time' element of it.

Has been one of my better patches in a while, though. Maybe it's using my lucky laptop sindce my PC was fried in teh powercut! (After how many trades could one discount luck?)

Update:
48 trades
337 pips
7 trading sessions

I might stop the experiment at 50 trades, or at least the 'real time' element of it.

Has been one of my better patches in a while, though. Maybe it's using my lucky laptop sindce my PC was fried in teh powercut! (After how many trades could one discount luck?)

Hi mate. A credible result. I noticed towards the end you did a few discretionary exits. was this because you were trying to protect your gains, if so this is something I have had to battle. Its a bit like a football team protecting a 1-0 lead, tend to get defensive especially near the end of the game.

I wonder if keeping this journal improved your trading?

Looks very much like you are picking entries that can yield good profits and the final tweeks are the mental game within.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:
48 trades
337 pips
7 trading sessions

No keep going to 100, stick to the game plan, do not deviate, and see what the outcome is. It is the only way you can develop trust in yourself.

As a side note - after you have done 100 trades, evaluate each one, and this time change the R/R to 30 pt stop and 20 pt target and see what the results would have been. Remember this does not change your entry criteria, only the exit, but it may help with staking plans in the future, as you will have a better understanding of your winning and losing streaks.

G/L

Hopefully everything is all right S
I would agree with continuing up to 100 trades, so far as you don't experience any kind of disturbances (power cuts, some other commitments outside trading etc.) If there are any disturbances, you can always suspend trading and come back when you don't have to deal with any other issues apart from trading. Once you've done 100, you can analyse them all and see if you need to improve/change something or keep it as it is.

Hi mate. A credible result. I noticed towards the end you did a few discretionary exits. was this because you were trying to protect your gains, if so this is something I have had to battle. Its a bit like a football team protecting a 1-0 lead, tend to get defensive especially near the end of the game.

I've used the occasional discretionary exit recently. Usually only after a previous trade has messed me around (coming within spit of target, and then turning aroud to hit the stop). I then tend to refuse to let the next winning trade (winning=at least very close to target) turn into a loser.

The football match analogy is a good one. In fact, even now, i'm thhnking, ''i'm half way through the experiment and i'm winning. Time to further reduce risks and protect profits?'' lol.
Obviously that would undermine the whole point of the jounal, but you know how the mind plays games!

I wonder if keeping this journal improved your trading?

Looks very much like you are picking entries that can yield good profits and the final tweeks are the mental game within.

Hard to say. My trading in the journal so far has been quite good so far. Don't know whether it has anything to do with the act of keeping a journal, though.
If anything, i'd say i've been a little more 'wreckless' than usual in terms of taking some trades which I might have avoided in the past.

Maybe deep down I was hoping to fail spectaularly (there's still time!) in the hope that there was someone here who actually knows how to do this(who isn't a vendor:rolleyes:), who would take pity on me! :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Can't find my XP disk anywhere to try to fix my PC.
I tried making an XP boot disk to see if that would help (not even sure I done that correctly), burned on to a CD, but when I put it in the PC, even though i've changed the BIOS to make the cd drive the first to look at, it just continues in the same 'loop' as before.

same error as this guy:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500628/following-a-power-outage-xp-wont-start/