Day traders making 50+% returns per month lets talk money managment

I only told it like it was. Now you say you want to take a different tact but come back with personal insults - again!

You first! All i read from you are dreams. :sleep:

Maybe i'm wrong and the next time you go off in a girlie huff and come back you'll be earning the 50% a month you want to earn. If so then well done.

Won't change my opinion of you though. (n)

The good thing about your opinion is that it is yours. So keep it (y)

30% is possible but 10% is more realistic.
I'm of the opinion that risking 1% per trade and short term swing trading is a better way to manage risk, prevent overtrading, limit the amount of spread paid, as a percentage relative to the overall trade (1-2% max).

Agree with this to 1000%, perfectly summed up in the blue..:)

Spirit - Why is your opinion any more important than any one else's, since opinions are like ass holes- everyone has one !

Coopster.

i give up.

my opinion isnt more important.

A wise man once said.....never argue with a fool.

you think im a fool, and i think your a fool so lets both take some good advice and just stop...this is sooooo exhausting :sleep:

Last edited:
you think im a fool, and i think your right

Not my post you're quoting but i agree to carry on thinking you're a fool.

Keeping that to myself...

...Its been nearly 3 weeks since this thread started. That should mean you must have close to 15k in the account by now according to your 10k starting capital and 50% monthly targets?

Lots of monkeys here me thinks. (In which case most of what I write below wont apply to you. You most likely live with your parents.)

Some of you may disagree but Risk and Reward have a relationship.

If you want higher reward, you must be willing to take on higher risk.

SpiritBeing of obviously willing to accept more in order to acheive his target of 50%.

My account would never do 50% in a month, I'd quite happily take 50% a year NOW if it meant I could not have to come into work everyday.

Without talking ********, I really dont think its worth discussing any more. It's this simple.

Low Return - Low Risk - Government Bond

Low Return - High Risk - Lending your 18 yr old son your new 911 turbo

High Return - High Risk - Emerging market fund

High Return - Low Risk - Does this exist?! Some would have you believe so! Just click on your SPAM folder and read and follow any email with the subject heading "Lottery" or anyone claiming to be a lawyer/priest who REALLY need your help to send you money. "Bank account details saaaaaaar?!"

Or to put it another way, do Goldman Sachs offer government bonds and emerging market funds?

Yes.

You can work the rest out yourself.

Lots of monkeys here me thinks. (In which case most of what I write below wont apply to you. You most likely live with your parents.)

Some of you may disagree but Risk and Reward have a relationship.

If you want higher reward, you must be willing to take on higher risk.

SpiritBeing of obviously willing to accept more in order to acheive his target of 50%.

My account would never do 50% in a month, I'd quite happily take 50% a year NOW if it meant I could not have to come into work everyday.

Without talking ********, I really dont think its worth discussing any more. It's this simple.

Low Return - Low Risk - Government Bond

Low Return - High Risk - Lending your 18 yr old son your new 911 turbo

High Return - High Risk - Emerging market fund

High Return - Low Risk - Does this exist?! Some would have you believe so! Just click on your SPAM folder and read and follow any email with the subject heading "Lottery" or anyone claiming to be a lawyer/priest who REALLY need your help to send you money. "Bank account details saaaaaaar?!"

Or to put it another way, do Goldman Sachs offer government bonds and emerging market funds?

Yes.

You can work the rest out yourself.

i totally agree with the above statement 100%. lets be honest, if it was possible to earn 50%/month consistently over a period of time, then who would bother with cash ISAs giving returns of 2%/year? who would bother with the best investment managers in the world yielding 20%/year? heck, lets get on the bandwagon and earn 50%/month?

i find that the mere suggestion of 50%/month return pathetically inexcusable tbh, totally ridiculous and until it has been proven for 5+ years consistently, i wont believe it and neither will ppl here on T2W believe it. if it did work, no doubt you'd be a multi billionaire as 50% compounded monthly for 5 years is a lot of noughts!

what i say is, let this thread run on, post your trade balance each and every month showing the 50% and we'll see if it lasts until the end of 2011....my thoughts are that it wont be long before we'd be ditching this thread into the bin entitled "another failed million dollar trading idea".

this is not meant to be criticism, its meant to be a wake up call. regardless of method, wake up to the reality that 50%/month is not achievable consistently, if im wrong, well you wont care because you'll be rich anyways.

take the challenge. lets see if your account grows the way you expect til the end of the year. otherwise, cut the crap and post something positively productive rather than the BS claims of get rich quick as it will just provide newer traders false hope and promise.

I have read through the first 4 pages & now on the last, please get a check up from the neck up. I am not saying it is impossible however If you were to be able (not paper trading) real money compound this you would get to a stage quite quickly where you would blow your account & never trade again. I have been trading on/off for 5 years , before that my father traded for 15 years & passed alot of advice my way. I have seen other people work similar stratergies out on excel & show me it is unrealistic to think you can do this. I am happy to take 50 points from the market a week & that is hard work. I can read into this your a young man, word of advice stop trading if you think you can do this as in the end it will destroy you. Enjoy trading & let it mould you as a person & find more out about yourself because this is dreamland you are living in.

If you think you can do it or you think you can't do it, you're right - Henry Ford

Can it be done? Yes
Can you do it? Probably not
Can you compound? Till a certain point, or you should trade the spot market

What do you need? Futures, a good strategy and trading plan, be able to control your emotions very very good!

Numbers to support it? Won't give it to you...

A little bit of calculations:
We take $5000 margin and trade 1 contract and you expect 50% a month
That is $2500 a month you have to make
Devide that by 4 that is $625 a week
Devide that by 5 that is 125 a day

Why difficult?
just 5 Silver ticks
just 13 Euro/Dollar ticks
just 13 gold ticks
just 13 oil ticks

How many ticks do you think those futures move in a day? How many oppertunities do you think there are within one trading day to make those ticks? What do you need, just 1 good trading day a week without f***ing it up in the rest of the week!

So can you do it? You can't!

Last edited:
I am extremely serious and I believe anything is possible - just look at Warrent Buffett, Bill Gates, etc, etc. So I suggest you do it with real money using your MA's, trends, stuffs, what nots. Also, you should try aiming for 50% a week. 50% a months is too slow and the progress would be a bit boring. Once you are bored, you'd start making mistakes and losing your edge. Without an edge, you are as good as finished.

I am extremely serious and I believe anything is possible - just look at Warrent Buffett, Bill Gates, etc, etc. So I suggest you do it with real money using your MA's, trends, stuffs, what nots. Also, you should try aiming for 50% a week. 50% a months is too slow and the progress would be a bit boring. Once you are bored, you'd start making mistakes and losing your edge. Without an edge, you are as good as finished.

Only girls go for 50% a week.

Man Up.

Why not 50% a day or even 50% every hour?

Why not 50% a day or even 50% every hour?

Well, the OP is only starting out and have no track record. So he should aim slightly lower. For the more experienced people with their momentum systems that have edges, I'd suggest +50% every half an hour.

Well I'm new here and stick my head in the door and its good to see that y'all can smell the bull****! And have a good sense of humour to boot ;)

It's possible and some are making more than that or your just don't know yet. I found many traders make more than 1000% in a month trading in contest, both demo and real. To achieve these kind of return, you must can trade more than 100:1 leverage. Trading higher leverage means you risk more per trade so you must be very selective with your entry. I make huge improvement by trading in contest. My winning ratio is getting higher and higher.

However, trading consistently is different than once a while huge return. Most successful traders can blow out their accounts in a very short period of time compared to their long term success. The issue is human being makes mistakes and successful trading requires 100% discipline. Can anyone follow their trading plans, assuming they all have, 100%? We can only say we were 100% in the past because we don't know anything in the future.

We can only say we have been 100% when we retired from trading.

In short, yes, possible but consistency is the issue.

Warrent Buffett didn't do it day trading though, not even trading, he's an investor...