ftse 100 trading.com

This is a discussion on ftse 100 trading.com within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi, has any one subscribed or knows of any one who has subscribed to ftse 100 trading.com their videos on ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 8, 2009, 5:31pm   #1

8 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
ftse 100 trading.com

Hi, has any one subscribed or knows of any one who has subscribed to ftse 100 trading.com
their videos on you-tube look ok.
scoptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 6:23pm   #2
Joined Jun 2009
Looks like it's made by a nigerian.
BoarDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 2:07pm   #3

7 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
I'd seen and been impressed by the youtube videos, but could find very few indepenant opinions. However, I took a chance and joined up for a month at the start of July. I can say it's definatly not a con. However, I didn't renew my subscription after the month ended - for the follwoing reasons:-

1) It didn't suit my style of trading. The system is very short term - you can spend a couple of hours waiting for the price to reach a certain point, which is very dificult if you have a day job - you really have to be sat in front of the screen.

2) Most of the trades have a 10 point stop - which is moved to breakeven when +10 in profit. Not all spreadbet companies let you place stops that close. Also, these tight stops mean that when you do actually enter a trade you often get stoppped out (albeit at break even). Because of this the entries have to be very precise which means you often spend 1/2 an hour wathcing the price hover just a couple of points away from the entry only to move away again, or if the entry is hit, you then get stopped out at b/e. After a few days of this I kind of lost interest.

3) The actual system is run through a Skype chat window which works fine. However, in my case there was no info on what the actual "system" was - it was just an entry price with "buy" or "sell" called out before hand. I'd joined up to learn HOW and WHY these trades were choosen but all I really got was "sell 4428" as an example.

Would I recommend FTSE100trading.com to a friend? No. But it is a genuine site, and if there were more background info on why these trades were made then I may change my mind.
JackieStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: BoarDome
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:49pm   #4

8 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
scoptions started this thread [QUOTE=JackieStewart;900874]I'd seen and been impressed by the youtube videos, but could find very few indepenant opinions. However, I took a chance and joined up for a month at the start of July. I can say it's definatly not a con. However, I didn't renew my subscription after the month ended - for the follwoing reasons:-

Jackie, thank you for your detailed reply, I tried to contact 'David' but to no avail, he would not communicate via phone as he was to busy. I just, like you wanted to discuss things further. I too have a day job (self employed) so I can get to a screen sometimes. My aim is to day trade the ftse scalping, in and out so tight stops and quick profit suits.
Within the next five years I hope to be off to France. My trading background is options but I know seek a little more hands on action. Am currently refreshing my charting skills and back testing various indicators (MACD, EMA's, bollinger ect) just trying to combine a little package in order to trade.
scoptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:57pm   #5

Joined Feb 2004
Thats disappointing. I had viewed the Youtube videos as well. Was considering joining up for a month and trying it out. I fancy trading for a couple of hours every morning but you really need to see WHY he is making the trades. Guess thats why you pay the £100 per month otherwise you would be doing it yourself instead of paying David.

Oh well, back to the drawing board!
markbritton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 8:13pm   #6

7 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
I agree, the youtube videos are good and I hoped if I joined I'd get similar but in more depth. Really I think I learned more from the videos.

However during the time I was signed up, his website was down and so the only interaction was on Skype. He mentions in his videos that his site keeps getting "hacked" and it was dead whenever I tried to get on. Seems it's back now and under the FAQ section it says...

"Question: What exactly am I paying for and what can I expect from ftse100trading.com.

Answer: It is for the subscription to ftse100trading's forum. Here ftse100trading helps to explain all the pitfalls of trading that so many traders fall into and I show exactly how the system works, the ins and outs of trading and publish all expected trades, before, as and when they occur. I will share all my trading knowledge with you and show you how I draw my charts and how to constantly update them throughout the day. They will show clearly how entries and exits are arrived at before they occur. It is a place where experienced and new traders can share their knowledge and hopefully by pulling together can improve their trading skills."

This is just what I was hoping for but as I say, I wasn't able to get any of this info.

Only thing I'll add while I'm here is that you need a broker that quotes the FTSE 24 hours a day as if they only do 8am-4.30pm or 8am-8pm then the charts will not match those in the chat room meaning trend channels and s/r lines won't match those the FTSE100 system is using. They were using ODL Markets charts when I was on in July.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 8:19pm   #7

Joined Feb 2004
Interesting - I'm going to e-mail David and ask more about what knowledge is passed on. I currently trade the breakout of Cable early in the morning and thought that trading FTSE would compliment this. I like to be out of the markets early in the morning because of work committments.

Incidentally, did you make any money whilst a member or did you just get bored and leave it alone - I notice he has a money back guarantee!
markbritton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 8:35pm   #8

7 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoptions View Post
I too have a day job (self employed) so I can get to a screen sometimes. My aim is to day trade the ftse scalping, in and out so tight stops and quick profit suits.
In that case it could suit you well. I decided that in my current situation I stood a better chance by watching a few forex pairs during the day on longer time frames.

I think the FTSE system style could work well with forex, the trick would be to get the entries precise enough to have such tight stops. That's what I'm currently working on - and so I can't given up the day job just yet!