Trading E-Minis For a Living” eBook

ymonly said:
the lagging comment is true....what if it is lagging by 3 seconds instead of 3 minutes?...all indicators don't lag all the time ..depends on when we speak...there are ma indicators that are right on time....as the pullback of price occurs, the lagging indicator line unlags as price pulls back to indicator location point ...right with it and on time....no lag...to say indicators always lag is not correct..........is that true?

Bugger.

I was quite happy as a lurker.

I half thought I might get dragged into something, whilst typing my last post.

"to say indicators always lag is not correct..........is that true?"

That's for you to decide, its your trading.

But you might want to think what an ma is, it's not an ma of the rotation of the earth, or tied into speed of the wind that is blowing past my window right now.

Nope, its a moving average of price, if price moves it moves, not the other way round.

The tail doesn't wag the dog.

Thats my 2 cents worth, I'm off, back to lurking.

Just a thought, I could sell a simple ma cross over strategy, pad it out a little, make it a whole day course, in a hotel, charge a four figure sum for it................................

Dang, someone has already done that.

the price is little tic on bar moving up and down...when the tic moves up and touches ma line that is no lag point......it take s the lag out of line ma..price is at 11,333....ma line is at 11,333.......as it ulls back ......lag is not there at tha t p;oint......capiche.. :eek:

perry said:
Has anyone use or purchased "Your Complete Guide To SUCCESS Trading E-Minis For a Living eBook", if so is worth it, have you made any profits from the ebook.

The E -book cost $397.00 (£213) - You get a 90 Days Full 200% Money Back Guarantee.

Check out the site: www.odds-trading.com .

Perry

Dear Perry

Have you the software Strategy runner

People say that indicators lag but they're wrong ---- its smoothing that lags.

So if you smooth it then the smoothing (filtering over multiple periods) creates a lag ... look at mas, stochs etc.

But if you don't smooth the price then there is no lag. The CCI where the indicator is driven by the closing price (less and ma and adjusted for recent range) is a good example of this. Note the lack of lag ... and the lack of smoothing. :(

chestney said:
Bugger.

I was quite happy as a lurker.

I half thought I might get dragged into something, whilst typing my last post.

"to say indicators always lag is not correct..........is that true?"

That's for you to decide, its your trading.

But you might want to think what an ma is, it's not an ma of the rotation of the earth, or tied into speed of the wind that is blowing past my window right now.

Nope, its a moving average of price, if price moves it moves, not the other way round.

The tail doesn't wag the dog.

Thats my 2 cents worth, I'm off, back to lurking.

Just a thought, I could sell a simple ma cross over strategy, pad it out a little, make it a whole day course, in a hotel, charge a four figure sum for it................................

Dang, someone has already done that.