Trading E-Minis For a Living” eBook

perry

Has anyone use or purchased "Your Complete Guide To SUCCESS Trading E-Minis For a Living eBook", if so is worth it, have you made any profits from the ebook.

The E -book cost $397.00 (£213) - You get a 90 Days Full 200% Money Back Guarantee.

Check out the site: www.odds-trading.com .

Perry

Hi Ken

I see your point, but experienced traders sometimes bring out new concepts how to trade on the stock markets, such as books, ebook and softwares.
So have you or any T2W members tested out this system "Trading E-Minis For a Living” eBook" ?
If so would you recommend it ?

perry said:
Hi Ken

I see your point, but experienced traders sometimes bring out new concepts how to trade on the stock markets, such as books, ebook and softwares.
So have you or any T2W members tested out this system "Trading E-Minis For a Living” eBook" ?
If so would you recommend it ?
I checked the cftc.gov and didn't find anything bad on him. Sounds like alot of hype to me but it might be a good system. He does give 200% back guarantee which I wonder IF they would really honor. I am sure you would have to prove you made 10 trades and didn't get back 10 times your investment. However, I am suspect of anyone that hypes hypothetical trades or "real time" trades. They simply are not the same as real trades. Maybe you could ask them to furnish real brokerage statements as proof of trades made with the system. It would be interesting to see if they give 200% of your money back!

pt

So has anyone bought this ebook? The website indeed is full of hype which makes you wonder what you might be into. I would prefer more substance and less hype...

Any comments on the book from those who bought it?

perry said:
Has anyone use or purchased "Your Complete Guide To SUCCESS Trading E-Minis For a Living eBook", if so is worth it, have you made any profits from the ebook.

The E -book cost $397.00 (£213) - You get a 90 Days Full 200% Money Back Guarantee.

Check out the site: www.odds-trading.com .

Perry

Gee, I knew I would find it here, it was all over the net at some point with glowing testimonials from the satisfied users who were most likely just different aliases of the guy behind the gimmick. I exposed him as a total sap and a fake at some UK board where he decided to make another home for his stuff. Not even trading related. God, that was not even funny even if I had a good chuckle at first...

Stay away...

so how does a 200% money back guarantee work then? does he give double your money back if you dont like the book? sounds fair. i'll order 100 right now.

i wouldnt bother with the book. there are no short cuts in this business - just lots of long screen time, which cant be avoided even if you were to buy the book. what if you cant follow the system? what about if you cant tolerate the risk with this system?

sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

rob_klo said:
Gee, I knew I would find it here, it was all over the net at some point with glowing testimonials from the satisfied users who were most likely just different aliases of the guy behind the gimmick. I exposed him as a total sap and a fake at some UK board where he decided to make another home for his stuff. Not even trading related. God, that was not even funny even if I had a good chuckle at first...

Stay away...

Hehe, yes, I saw it and your posts on that board. Poor sap. Brilliant job, Rob...

Hi,

The book has now moved to http://www.tradingmentor.co.uk

I bought the book a few weeks ago and have been paper trading for a couple of weeks and increased my paper account by 10%. I've also chatted to the author on the phone a few times and he's a great chap, seems very sincere, honest and knowledgeable. Obviously, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Only a year or so of trading with real money can reveal how good the system is.

I'd be interested to read the threads you mentioned if you could post them here.

cheers!

Funny how first time posters pop up to support scam merchants (as pointed out by Wally above).
STOP casing rainbows guys.

homeforex said:
Hi,

The book has now moved to http://www.tradingmentor.co.uk

I bought the book a few weeks ago and have been paper trading for a couple of weeks and increased my paper account by 10%. I've also chatted to the author on the phone a few times and he's a great chap, seems very sincere, honest and knowledgeable. Obviously, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Only a year or so of trading with real money can reveal how good the system is.

I'd be interested to read the threads you mentioned if you could post them here.

cheers!

Been there, bought that, amongst other things. :eek:

I guess we all go through the lets but the holly grail for a couple of hundred pounds.

On the plus side, the author spent some time with me on the phone, going through set ups, during live trading.

On the negative side, it is a simple divergence play, available for free on the internet.

It might even be an interpretation of The Edge system that has had some discussion on these boards.

You might also find your paper trading doesn't match your live results, with poor fills, and buy orders not executed.

Then you add in the R/R ratio of 1:1, and worse, it all starts to get messy.

Don't be seduced by the published results.

A loss is shown as stopped out, and a win by the maximum number of points available on that move.

So if you add them up at the end of they day, it can look seductive, but the p/t is only 2 points.

So the results should be viewed as suffering from sales mans licence.

If you are genuinely enjoying your paper profits, I would advise caution, you are only seeing the tip of the trading ice berg.

If on the other hand, you are just trying to drive traffic to your site, you may have come to the wrong place.

chestney said:
Been there, bought that, amongst other things. :eek:

I guess we all go through the lets but the holly grail for a couple of hundred pounds.

On the plus side, the author spent some time with me on the phone, going through set ups, during live trading.

On the negative side, it is a simple divergence play, available for free on the internet.

It might even be an interpretation of The Edge system that has had some discussion on these boards.

You might also find your paper trading doesn't match your live results, with poor fills, and buy orders not executed.

Then you add in the R/R ratio of 1:1, and worse, it all starts to get messy.

Don't be seduced by the published results.

A loss is shown as stopped out, and a win by the maximum number of points available on that move.

So if you add them up at the end of they day, it can look seductive, but the p/t is only 2 points.

So the results should be viewed as suffering from sales mans licence.

If you are genuinely enjoying your paper profits, I would advise caution, you are only seeing the tip of the trading ice berg.

If on the other hand, you are just trying to drive traffic to your site, you may have come to the wrong place.

I'm placing trades using a demo account in strategy runner and so far it's working OK. Obviously I'll be exercising caution and using strict money management, but the author has obviously spent a lot of time on the book and has spent a fair bit of time with me personally on the phone and via email support. You guys do seem overly negative in my opinion, however that could be naivity on my part, time will tell I guess.

I'm going to back test the last three months and see what that shows up, before using real money on trades.

regards,
homeforex

homeforex said:
I'm placing trades using a demo account in strategy runner and so far it's working OK. Obviously I'll be exercising caution and using strict money management, but the author has obviously spent a lot of time on the book and has spent a fair bit of time with me personally on the phone and via email support. You guys do seem overly negative in my opinion, however that could be naivity on my part, time will tell I guess.

I'm going to back test the last three months and see what that shows up, before using real money on trades.

regards,
homeforex

Why did you go to the effort of a first time post, other than to drive traffic, or invite comment?

If it was the former, go away, and if it was the latter, what's the problem?

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I stand by what I thought was a fair, objective, opinion.

I'm sorry you didn't like it.

Once again, be aware, that moving from paper trading to live trading will affect your results.

From memory, the two main set ups allow for a 2 s/l, with a 2 p/t, and a 1.25 p/t again with a 2 point s/l.

Giving you a R/R of less than 1:1.

Then you add in the round trip costs, the R/R drops again.

I also found strategy runner worked better on demo than on a live account.

With orders not getting filled, unless the price moves an additional 0.25 of a point, either side, some of the time.

Usually the fills were better on the stops than the take profit, although this could just be my opinion.

But again all of this affects your live results.

My note of caution is from someone who has already been down the path you are treading.

Regardless of what you do, doesn't affect my pocket

Your decision to listen, or not to listen, will affect yours.

N.C.

Last edited:
There will be another sucker born in the next minute.

And another slime mould to take advantage of him or her.

it seems to me

neil said:
Ok - 100 press ups and three "Hail Marys." .....and sin no more. :cheesy:
that a million guys looking for something for very little would have this thing proved/disproved in a nano second...almost.......yes, it works or no it won't.....there are only a very limited # of scenarios that the market can produce.......for anyone to find something "new" to sell that is superior to all the things that already "work" is highly unlikely........the trading challenge is the trader .....not the market.......the trader must and without exception will go thru the transitional stages from "how do i turn this thing on" .....to i have seen it do all it can do........proven by the fact that i keep seeing the same limited # of contortions/gyrations/patterns........this takes alon g time...most of all tenacity.......years usually.....the book of any kind cannot tell anything i have not already seen, not saying i saw the picture in the same way as book points out......but i have seen it......maybe i was on the 1 min chart giving 60 pictures for mind to work on, or 1 in the same time on the 60 chart.........all depends on trader's happy plate.......1 to 90 and all in between......how much info do i want to absorb......the eyes see the mind internalizes it with bias almost always, until years teach us not to do that if we cna't handle it......buying expensive books or anything else won't help high probability.......that is someone else's edge, not yours.........work for it .....emini daytrading talk :rolleyes: only

chestney said:
Why did you go to the effort of a first time post, other than to drive traffic, or invite comment?

If it was the former, go away, and if it was the latter, what's the problem?

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I stand by what I thought was a fair, objective, opinion.

I'm sorry you didn't like it.

Once again, be aware, that moving from paper trading to live trading will affect your results.

From memory, the two main set ups allow for a 2 s/l, with a 2 p/t, and a 1.25 p/t again with a 2 point s/l.

Giving you a R/R of less than 1:1.

Then you add in the round trip costs, the R/R drops again.

I also found strategy runner worked better on demo than on a live account.

With orders not getting filled, unless the price moves an additional 0.25 of a point, either side, some of the time.

Usually the fills were better on the stops than the take profit, although this could just be my opinion.

But again all of this affects your live results.

My note of caution is from someone who has already been down the path you are treading.

Regardless of what you do, doesn't affect my pocket

Your decision to listen, or not to listen, will affect yours.

N.C.

Thanks for the reply. Your memory serves you right, it does seem that there needs to be a high hit rate for the system to work well. The author claims 70-80% accuracy. However on my back testing I have not found that to be the case, I am still ploughing through some months of data, but it's not looking as rosy as I first thought. :eek:

homeforex said:
Thanks for the reply. Your memory serves you right, it does seem that there needs to be a high hit rate for the system to work well. The author claims 70-80% accuracy. However on my back testing I have not found that to be the case, I am still ploughing through some months of data, but it's not looking as rosy as I first thought. :eek:

No problems, glad to have been a little help.

Very brave of you to publicly accept, all in garden might not be rosy.

Quite often the information offered by the marketers is a rehash of material available for free.

If you are interested in divergence you might want to have a look here.

http://www.trading-naked.com/Divergence.htm

As I said before, I have a feeling the product you have bought may have some similarities to another product called The Edge.

I have no experience with that offering, but use of the search facility on these boards will give you some more information.

If e minis is your chosen trading vehicle you might want to have a look at http://www.eminimethods.com/

I am not recommending anything on the above site, as I have no experience of the material being offered.

Another thing you may want to consider, is all of these indicators are affected by price, i.e. the macd or stoch or what ever, hook down because the price has dropped, price doesn't move because the indicator has.

If you accept that, then you might come to the conclusion that price has to move first, and the indicator moves afterwards, after the event, and are as such, lagging.

I could put in more links to free information, covering things like candle recognition, support and resistance, and volume.

But then I would be doing your work for you.

Hey that's a thought, rip off a load of free material, get a copy writer to scribble a bit of a sales pitch (I know my limitations) put together a web site, £199 a pop, keeeerching.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Good luck with your trading.

the lagging comment is true....what if it is lagging by 3 seconds instead of 3 minutes?...all indicators don't lag all the time ..depends on when we speak...there are ma indicators that are right on time....as the pullback of price occurs, the lagging indicator line unlags as price pulls back to indicator location point ...right with it and on time....no lag...to say indicators always lag is not correct..........is that true?