Zero Spread WorldSpreads

WS is trying to tempt ex-customers back by offering zero spreads without the £5000 deposit requirement.

Dear ,

Complete your WorldSpreads Active account application to receive 30 days of spread free trading on these popular international markets:

• EURUSD
• UK 100
• DAX
• CAC
• Gilt

To qualify for this exclusive 30 day spread free offer, simply complete your Active account application anytime between 4th July and 31st August and fund your account with a minimum £500. It's that simple. Terms and Conditions apply.

We very much look forward to welcoming you to WorldSpreads.

From the comments on here I thought I would give them a miss

besides they just might find a reason to hold onto one's deposit

seriously? GFT are like the cream of the crop compared to some of them out there.
It's just their sales team and account managers are a complete bunch of *&*&^*^.
SOftware is awesome though.

They have improved quite a bit. I am hooked on the zero spreads. Everything else seems so wide now. But only lasts between 8 and 4 for forex. The only problem is there platform crashes perhaps more frequently than others. They have also finally got rid of the clock that used to tick down before the deal ticket closed automatically. If the platform is working properly, orders will go through as fast as any other spread betting company. When the platform has a problem, the prices could be off and that would be when you may get referred to a dealer.

They have improved quite a bit. I am hooked on the zero spreads. Everything else seems so wide now. But only lasts between 8 and 4 for forex. The only problem is there platform crashes perhaps more frequently than others. They have also finally got rid of the clock that used to tick down before the deal ticket closed automatically. If the platform is working properly, orders will go through as fast as any other spread betting company. When the platform has a problem, the prices could be off and that would be when you may get referred to a dealer.

But how long have you been trading with them and are you consistently profitable?

Not a fan of GFT, Pat?

What's your beef with them? I have not used them yet. Still using IG but only for speed of execution.

If you think IG are fast you should try CMC - their platform will blow your socks off:LOL:

CMC's platform sadly lacks a little of the functionality that IG offer (tear off tickets, multiple tickets and force open) but their tighter spreads, platform speed and option of extremely tight stops more than makes up for it. I've always been a loyal supporter of IG, but started to look around when I wasn't happy with how they handled a small complaint - my first ever in 10 years! They actually did me a favour...

If you think IG are fast you should try CMC - their platform will blow your socks off:LOL:

CMC's platform sadly lacks a little of the functionality that IG offer (tear off tickets, multiple tickets and force open) but their tighter spreads, platform speed and option of extremely tight stops more than makes up for it..

Platform speed? Generally, I find CMC next gen very slow to respond.

Reactions: tar
Really, IG's platform is more than satisfactory but CMC is definitely faster in my experience.

IMO ig need to up the game with their platform...good company but the platform is a big let down. I have a feeling they have a massive upgrade in the pipeline.

IMO ig need to up the game with their platform...good company but the platform is a big let down. I have a feeling they have a massive upgrade in the pipeline.

Interesting. It hasn't had a good tart up in a while, granted, but what do you feel it needs?

I quite like the platform, for its simplicity really.

Hi Ross, up 18 percent. Had account for way longer but started around the time of the 100k competition. If the platform did not play up, I would be significantly higher. If they did not offer zero spreads, I would have moved to another company. But the zero spreads are seductive. I feel the platform has improved and there are fewer problems. The only thing is, I am hoping to trade at 10 pounds per point but currently 1 pound because I am still not fully confident with the platform. I think it is worth paying 5000 pounds for the zero spreads account. You can go with the 300 pound safety net account first and then once the offer finishes, deposit more for the upgrade. I understand you don't have to maintain the 5000 pound level in case of losses. Following method may suit some. Have worldspreads account and another broker's account open. If platform fails, switch to another broker and place trade. I wish I could do this but I lose my rhythm and concentration.

Hi Ross, up 18 percent. Had account for way longer but started around the time of the 100k competition. If the platform did not play up, I would be significantly higher. If they did not offer zero spreads, I would have moved to another company. But the zero spreads are seductive. I feel the platform has improved and there are fewer problems. The only thing is, I am hoping to trade at 10 pounds per point but currently 1 pound because I am still not fully confident with the platform. I think it is worth paying 5000 pounds for the zero spreads account. You can go with the 300 pound safety net account first and then once the offer finishes, deposit more for the upgrade. I understand you don't have to maintain the 5000 pound level in case of losses. Following method may suit some. Have worldspreads account and another broker's account open. If platform fails, switch to another broker and place trade. I wish I could do this but I lose my rhythm and concentration.

Hi twinj

Perhaps WS has improved, but it will be interesting to see how the platform performs when you move to bigger stakes. As you say, it's always a good idea to keep another SB running alongside in case of emergencies. Think I'll bung in £500 and give them another try, anyway.

Interesting. It hasn't had a good tart up in a while, granted, but what do you feel it needs?

I quite like the platform, for its simplicity really.

Totally agree , IMO it is one of the best platforms , Fxcm's as well , i dont think it needs anything but i definitely would like to see a new platform from IG , on the other hand CMC's new platform it is nice looking yeah but it is a huge disappointment , slow and it lacks many basic features i even cant resize the positions panel width as i like !

Last edited:
Yesterday, there was a nice reversal on AUDUSD at around 8:50am. Due to platform error, I missed my opportunity. It subsequently moved 100 pips and more. Today another 50 pips. I do not scalp so there is a long wait for opportunities and things like this really hurt.

Today, at 8:32am, similar error and I had to log in again. Missed it. So many errors recently.

I hope they fix these issues soon.

Yesterday, there was a nice reversal on AUDUSD at around 8:50am. Due to platform error, I missed my opportunity. It subsequently moved 100 pips and more. Today another 50 pips. I do not scalp so there is a long wait for opportunities and things like this really hurt.

Today, at 8:32am, similar error and I had to log in again. Missed it. So many errors recently.

I hope they fix these issues soon.

Why? Just move on. Why do so many in this industry become creatures of habit? You really think that's "platform error". Either pick a more reputable SB firm (there's five or six I'd *trust*) or try an ECN FX broker and make your first ten grand a year before 'worrying' re. tax implications..

For gawd's sake man the job is as easy or difficult as we make it, never take on board pressure and doubt you don't need..if you're trading with a Co and platform you don't trust you'll never move past the doubts.

Thanks for your advice Black Swan. I have a job lined up so not too worried. I merely posted to inform. I have had a lot of help from these forums.

Why? Just move on. Why do so many in this industry become creatures of habit? You really think that's "platform error". Either pick a more reputable SB firm (there's five or six I'd *trust*) or try an ECN FX broker and make your first ten grand a year before 'worrying' re. tax implications..

For gawd's sake man the job is as easy or difficult as we make it, never take on board pressure and doubt you don't need..if you're trading with a Co and platform you don't trust you'll never move past the doubts.

Not bad advice that. Personally I wouldn't give WorldSpreads the time of day, especially since this zero spread crap, but if you've got issues with them just stop using them.

BS is right - you cannot hope to do this successfully unless you have proper confidence in all aspects of your operation, including your broker (or bookie).

Thanks Pazienza. This goes for Black Swan as well but if you don't mind me asking, which brokers do you use? Cheers.