Zero Spread WorldSpreads

Thanks Pazienza. This goes for Black Swan as well but if you don't mind me asking, which brokers do you use? Cheers.

For SB I would have no hesitation in recommending CMC,IG, FXCM, GFT, Capital Spreads and City Index..

As for FX ECN, there's many, I was happy with Deutsche felt a bit sullied/mugged/naive/stupid over all of that tbh, "hey, I'm/we're trading with a real safe bank.." welcome to Gain capital.. LOL..

So for ECN there's plenty, Dukas growing well, although I hate their prop platforms, FXCM good if you get decent spreads by being active trader, quite like Currenex so there's FXCC to look at..IB, Oanda..

Thanks Pazienza. This goes for Black Swan as well but if you don't mind me asking, which brokers do you use? Cheers.

Believe it or not (and this is not a criticism, because I understand why you're asking) that is not a useful question to ask. There are so many variables and it really comes down to what broker / bucket shop suits you best. What do you trade, what size, what style, do you want to spread bet, etc etc.

For example, I don't trade forex and I don't scalp. So things that would be an issue for someone that does are not an issue for me.

I would not recommend anybody therefore, but just for the sake of giving you some names:

In terms of bucket shops, I think IG are fine, I've certainly never had any problems and the platform / spreads / charting is plenty good enough for me. If you're reasonably active and trade goodish size Prospreads are worth a look too, a (sort of) DMA / spread bet hybrid. But they won't be any good for you if you're trading 2 lots a week for example.

For a proper all round broker, IB is probably a good choice - I like them anyway. For futures there are lots of good ones, Velocity for example.

If you're trading forex and need serious granularity, Alpari are OK I think, but I've just got that second hand. As you move up, you'll probably want to consider something more serious, although like I say I've got no interest in forex.

These are just opinions, other people will no doubt say that IG hunted their stops, IB has got terrible customer service, Velocity are blah blah blah. You really need to investigate them and see which is most suitable for you. There are plenty to choose from so (and this is important) if you don't like what you're getting, just move.

Just be sure that your complaints are legitimate and that you understand how markets work. Things like slippage do happen legitimately, for example, it's not necessarily your broker trying to screw you.

Two that I have tried and wouldn't give the time of day to are WorldSpreads and Finspreads. Again, just my opinion, but the way I see it if I wanted a pain in the @rse I'd just sit on a spike or something.

Thank you both for your valuable input. I only trade forex and I day trade but do not scalp. Spreads are important to me. So I like capitalspreads (but for some reason, I cannot log in properly today whilst I can do so with other platforms. Asking help at minute). I think IG are too wide. CMC I am looking into. FXCM are too wide I feel. Finspreads (are they not same as City index?) not too keen on platform. GFT I believe can slip you on entry so avoided.

I know the advantages of ECNs I have not tried many because I am quite ready to trade equivalent of 10 pounds per pip. I was attracted to Dukascopy because they seem to allow you to buy at the bid and sell at the ask. Intrigued, I contacted them but never heard back from them.

Update on the platform issues. Must clarify. I changed to Chrome from Firefox and it has been working very nicely. Still only 1 pound per point but hope to try 10 pounds per point (going up gradually). According to a guy I spoke to from Worldspreads, I should not see any difference between 1 and 10.

Update on the platform issues. Must clarify. I changed to Chrome from Firefox and it has been working very nicely. Still only 1 pound per point but hope to try 10 pounds per point (going up gradually). According to a guy I spoke to from Worldspreads, I should not see any difference between 1 and 10.

'tis a big step up from 1 quid a pip to 10 quid a pip..get your mind and MM *right* first ffs..

I have been kick out of zero spreads on worlsdspreads for scalping, has this happened to anyone else?

what are peoples thoughts?

Btw, what's this obsession with scalping for a tick or two anyway? You think you're gonna be rich doing that?

If I scalp trade with World Spreads are you going to rip me off like CMC and close the markets around news times, hold my trades for a huge slippage, or just take pips off me regulary or just close my account if I win too much?

If I scalp trade with World Spreads are you going to rip me off like CMC and close the markets around news times, hold my trades for a huge slippage, or just take pips off me regulary or just close my account if I win too much?

Yes, yes, yes, yes.

And yes.

I have a worldspread account what I hardly use and today they gave me 30 days zero spreads, I have to question if it is really zero spreads because I had another SB platform running against it and what I saw was the worldspreads price would be on the bid prices of the other SB but then on the offer price so they are effectly still have a spread but it is not shown and I suppose if you buy on the bid price and sell on the offer price you make 1 pip.

If I use it or not I don't know but I was about to take my cash out and if I use the zero spreads my cash will come out at the end of 30 days. There are a couple of things I don't like, their platform freezing and no 24 hour market and no doubt there is more.

Hi All

What do worldspreads consider an acceptable time to have a trade open?

Ie when is a trade a trade and when is it a scalp?

10 Pts can come around in 20 seconds to a minute or 5 minutes.

Perhaps Connor can comment on the definition of a Scalp versus a trade?

Thanks

Hi All

What do worldspreads consider an acceptable time to have a trade open?

Ie when is a trade a trade and when is it a scalp?

10 Pts can come around in 20 seconds to a minute or 5 minutes.

Perhaps Connor can comment on the definition of a Scalp versus a trade?

Thanks

It's not that simple. Short-time trades are fine as long as you lose consistently.