Zero Spread WorldSpreads

Conor Foley

Here's another question, is what Ross has just stated true? (Most spreadbetters will lose whatever the spread, and those that don't will be put on referral.) If you don't put winners on referral, can you put it in writing on here please?
Thanks

You don't need to ask him, TS. Most spreadbetters will lose whatever the spread, and those that don't will be put on referral.

Referral is just something for the larger trade sizes not relevant to winners or losers per se as the trade has to be matched or hedged. For those £1 a pointers they don't care.
Also, even if Conor does answer, he's not going to come on and say yes, "75% of my clients lose money".

Referral is just something for the larger trade sizes not relevant to winners or losers per se as the trade has to be matched or hedged. For those £1 a pointers they don't care.

Do you know the level(£pp) at which a trader goes on referral?

Thanks

Do you know the level(£pp) at which a trader goes on referral?

Thanks

Like I said, it depends on whether the trade needs to be hedged, matched in the system to another trader, or just accepted straight off (ie broker takes the other side of the trade).
My broker doesn't use a referral notice, but I have been put on pending for a market order before outside of normal hours (lower liquidity) for quite a few seconds and it wasn't for that large a trade size.
Always, think who is going to take the other side of your trade and what happens internally and externally to the brokers system and if you're really that paranoid, then go and trade on the direct market system.

Ross

For real? Do you know people personally this has happened too?

It's all been documented on various SB threads. If they don't like the way you're trading, they don't have to take your business, and I don't think only betting £1 per point makes you immune.

It's all been documented on various SB threads. If they don't like the way you're trading, they don't have to take your business, and I don't think only betting £1 per point makes you immune.

Don't you think there's a lot of hearsay involved? ...just discussing
I think a lot of new traders are prone to make an immediate blame for referral when it could just be the system involved. Yes, there are mickey mouse brokers and very professional ones but that makes it all the more likely that IT system problems are going to play a bigger part.

For those £1 a pointers they don't care.
Also, even if Conor does answer, he's not going to come on and say yes, "75% of my clients lose money".
Totally untrue SanMiguel, I was only betting £1 a point and once I was up a decent profit they put me on referral. Its a shame as I seem to be one of only a few people who like the WS software. But taking an hour to place 5 trades on a morning just became tiresome for me and I had to go elsewhere.

Totally untrue SanMiguel, I was only betting £1 a point and once I was up a decent profit they put me on referral. Its a shame as I seem to be one of only a few people who like the WS software. But taking an hour to place 5 trades on a morning just became tiresome for me and I had to go elsewhere.

Like I said it has nothing to do with you but everything to do with their system. It has to go through dealers sometimes so it can be matched or hedged. I once used their system only to have a trade trigger and then get cancelled.
The softwareis simple enough, but the back system has a lot of room for improvement.
Using limit orders would also help in the process but everyone seems to use market orders.

I contacted NinjaTrader to see if they have a SB co to partner. They replied yesterday that it is in the pipeline. So roll on NT. Out of the way mickey Mouse outfits

I contacted NinjaTrader to see if they have a SB co to partner. They replied yesterday that it is in the pipeline. So roll on NT. Out of the way mickey Mouse outfits

Best news for ages. Any ideas who it might be? GFT, maybe?

WS is trying to tempt ex-customers back by offering zero spreads without the £5000 deposit requirement.

WS is trying to tempt ex-customers back by offering zero spreads without the £5000 deposit requirement.

Nothing on the website. Where did you hear that?

They're a bucket shop anyways. Can play a frame of snooker before getting a trade accepted by them. Joke of an outfit.

Not a fan of GFT, Pat?

What's your beef with them? I have not used them yet. Still using IG but only for speed of execution.

From the comments on here I thought I would give them a miss

besides they just might find a reason to hold onto one's deposit