Your prefered future? DOM traders only

A trend day....

Attachments

• 02-05-2013 11-19-20.png
    02-05-2013 11-19-20.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 356
Move up & then change to rangebound.

All easy to spot in hindsight of course, the trick is to anticipate as it is building.

Attachments

• 07-06-2013 10-54-17.png
    07-06-2013 10-54-17.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 262
Still reading James Dalton's Mind over markets to fill my own void in market profile domain. Nonetheless I think some clues can be had by watching the open relative to previous value areas, the participation of the other time frames, the width of the IB. The previous day's profile shape also counts, as you should expect some brackets after a multi poc profile day.

By looking at market profile. If only 1 GOOD recognisable VPOC then most probably it will be bracket. If it contains single prints it can be a double distribution or a trend day if it breaks the 2nd temp vpoc.

Then again there are lots of other factors which can help in predicting about what the overall market is trying to do. this can be gauged by looking ahead the week for economic indicators or any press conf or any other market mover news expected. Where market is positioning. Its not straight forward way to say its going to be a trend day or Bracket.

I hope you will agree with above. let me know what your view on Trend day and Bracket Day

I believe this is London time, Futex' home? Helpful to precise, as there are people from all time zones here.

Has any one noticed the similarity in bund and us 10yrs moves ? I recently put them side by side and noticed some convergence in their intraday charts.

Also noticed you guys are discussing BUND, S&P and STOXX a decent amount on this thread. We run free LIVE webinars twice a day that you guys are welcome to log into and watch/listen. Will give you a solid base to work your day from in terms of whats happening in the bund/s&p/stoxxs.

Would be good to get some feedback off you guys with regards to the content of the webinars. Log in here and use the password 'futex', anyone can sit in. They start at 7.30am and 12.45pm each day and last around 15-25 minutes.

Futex Conference Portal - powered by omNovia

P.S we called the low in the BUND today around 43/44 area playing for the double inside day break to the upside, 30 prices onside now...looking for more.....low volume is a real concern though.

I only trade the ES since I built my system for it. 5 minute chart candle patterns supplemented with 5 minute cumulative bid/ask volume and cumulative volume vs trade events. I preempt my patterns with a few previous bars and their statistics for better results, this I recently added to all my patterns in my database. I use a rolling cumulative system of statistics for my main trade direction and trade from 8 to 4:55 EST. I think all markets follow basic laws of psychology and auction theory. I trade the ES because the volume is great.

Cheers.

PS Here is a screen shot of my favorite recent day.

Attachments

• ES 5min 6-17.PNG
    ES 5min 6-17.PNG
    226.2 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Woaw! I am mesmerized.

cumulative bid/ask volume = kind of footprints ?
cumulative volume vs trade events = actual trades?

All I do know Cumulative is the delta, which is plotted same as the main chart .

I only trade the ES since I built my system for it. 5 minute chart candle patterns supplemented with 5 minute cumulative bid/ask volume and cumulative volume vs trade events. I preempt my patterns with a few previous bars and their statistics for better results, this I recently added to all my patterns in my database. I use a rolling cumulative system of statistics for my main trade direction and trade from 8 to 4:55 EST. I think all markets follow basic laws of psychology and auction theory. I trade the ES because the volume is great.

Cheers.

PS Here is a screen shot of my favorite recent day.