Your grand plan and finances

1) No pension. Retire? I plan to live my my life out and skid into my box sideways In as much unsecured debt as possible.
2) I trade only so I can post on T2W
3) Being a professional toilet cleaner by night and full time tarder by day takes it toll. But I goto thank the universe every day. At least im not american!

1-i have a pension but im going the same way £700 overdrawn this month
2-likewise
3-ive had worse jobs-hh will not b happy;)

whats the house prices like where you live.

What city are you in? How are the prices there? Don't worry about it @itspossible. I am plenty happy.

They are anywhere from $1,000/sq ft (£6,853/sq m) to $3,000/sq ft (£20,560/sq m). It depends upon the zip code (postcode). This shoudl give a good idea about surrounding areas.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/yet-651347--.html
Screen_Shot_2015_06_30_at_2_29_32_AM.png

^^prices are heavy mate compared to the north east of england.Im assuming the wages are very good ..

just saw some info on isas.barclays are cutting a lot of their old rates down to the bare bones.i often pop in just to ascertain the interest rates on the old ones.

just saw some info on isas.barclays are cutting a lot of their old rates down to the bare bones.i often pop in just to ascertain the interest rates on the old ones.

surely we pay them interest now on savings ? ;)

^agreed but i cant take any risks with my money lol
I cant be arsed to work again for the man.im working for myself at the mo but for peanuts.
ive just got to search all of the time for the best rates.

^agreed but i cant take any risks with my money lol
I cant be arsed to work again for the man.im working for myself at the mo but for peanuts.
ive just got to search all of the time for the best rates.

Do mind me asking how old are.

When one has been around the globe a few times ( nowhere is better than home ), owned fast cars and a yacht, no debts to pay off there can be a problem - what to do next ?
So I sits in my rocking chair and considers other people's problems ? Like the Greek problem or the environment problem ? Can't do much about either but it is fun to consider them. Trading takes some of my day but I don't do it for the money.

Yes when one has done just about everything one selfishly wants perhaps it is time to put back something. Not a lot but something.

When one has been around the globe a few times ( nowhere is better than home ), owned fast cars and a yacht, no debts to pay off there can be a problem - what to do next ?
So I sits in my rocking chair and considers other people's problems ? Like the Greek problem or the environment problem ? Can't do much about either but it is fun to consider them. Trading takes some of my day but I don't do it for the money.

Yes when one has done just about everything one selfishly wants perhaps it is time to put back something. Not a lot but something.
Thanks pat-
I love home.
I give lots of stuff away to charity and friends,guitars amps,tvs etc and i do some old peoples gardens for nowt.So putting back and helping is good(y)
Re other problems.Unfortunately its family first for me.The worlds too much of a mess :cry:

Find this difficult to believe. :rolleyes:

I would have said you are acting like 50 but really just 18!

:rolleyes:
i challange you 2 a tennis match my friend.
not badmington though ;)
(i hope i got that right as i know you are into some type of sport)

i challange you 2 a tennis match my friend.
not badmington though ;)
(i hope i got that right as i know you are into some type of sport)

Haven't played for years. Planning on starting to play badminton again at a light level soon. Let me get my Dunlop green flashes out in a few months and then I may challenge you. I used to play around Hendon and Stamford Hill areas. Wondering where you are based.

Foot work and strokes pretty much the same for racket supports. Just have to get used to projectile path of the ball. Always found tennis to be over-hyped. Only because the yanks play it and there is big money in it. Badminton far more interesting, fast and dynamic. More Asian than western support. Not saying that because I have any Asian bias :cheesy:

Simply that there isn't half as much money in badminton as there is in tennis. However, Danes & UK not too bad and put up a good challenge to Asian tigers.

Table tennis is far easier to play these days. Less running around and impact on joints imo.

Have tried squash too. Not for me at this tender old age of 18 as you say... :cheesy:

Haven't played for years. Planning on starting to play badminton again at a light level soon. Let me get my Dunlop green flashes out in a few months and then I may challenge you. I used to play around Hendon and Stamford Hill areas. Wondering where you are based.

Foot work and strokes pretty much the same for racket supports. Just have to get used to projectile path of the ball. Always found tennis to be over-hyped. Only because the yanks play it and there is big money in it. Badminton far more interesting, fast and dynamic. More Asian than western support. Not saying that because I have any Asian bias :cheesy:

Simply that there isn't half as much money in badminton as there is in tennis. However, Danes & UK not too bad and put up a good challenge to Asian tigers.

Table tennis is far easier to play these days. Less running around and impact on joints imo.

Have tried squash too. Not for me at this tender old age of 18 as you say... :cheesy:
Ive played tennis for about 8 yrs now and tt for about 8 months.
i used to play badmington and the went back to have a go about 6 months ago.i was garbage and realised that it was all wrist work.surface seems unforgiving aswell.a lot of club tennis players play a lot of badmington .you can tell by their strokes.get trained up in tennis and come down to the north east for a pint.3 sets and a session-sounds good.that goes for anyone else here.re avatar-i love alsations-i used to tke my neighbours out-it bid about 4 people though -i was bit by one of these buggers recently
Beauceron.jpg

ill be impressed if anyone knows the breed without cheating and clicking on the image.

Last edited:
Ive played tennis for about 8 yrs now and tt for about 8 months.
i used to play badmington and the went back to have a go about 6 months ago.i was garbage and realised that it was all wrist work.surface seems unforgiving aswell.a lot of club tennis players play a lot of badmington .you can tell by their strokes.get trained up in tennis and come down to the north east for a pint.3 sets and a session-sounds good.that goes for anyone else here.re avatar-i love alsations-i used to tke my neighbours out-it bid about 4 people though -i was bit by one of these buggers recently

ill be impressed if anyone knows the breed without cheating and clicking on the image.

Wrists aids the stroke and gives badminton an edge I think. Deception part of the game as where the shuttle goes depends on that last flick of the wrists. Unlike tennis where the stroke can be read and then it is a question of covering ground to make sure one is at the right spot in the right position to play an effective stroke. Also badminton using wrist there are a greater variety of shots one can play. In tennis the return options are usually limited to a few shots and then it becomes a question of how well one plays the stroke, fitness and positioning. That's my view anyhow. No expert on tennis but as I say footwork and movement are key to technicals.

That pic, first response was dobermans. One on the left looks like a mix breed...

Show them whose boss. If you show weakness or are scared, they can smell it in you and if you happen to be stepping on their **** they'll be offended... Love the ears though. They look happy enough, tongues hanging out they look thirsty. Why not treat'm to some Heineken??? You might gain friends for life. (y)

There has been a few posts on this thread about being mortgage free sooner rather than later. As a generalisation I would disagree with this. Years ago before I was old enough to have a mortgage an ex banker told me of the danger of being under mortgaged. This is something I understood and took on board and have never regretted.

Last edited:
There has been a few posts on this thread about being mortgage free sooner rather than later. As a generalisation I would disagree with this. Years ago before I was old enough to have a mortgage an ex banker told me of the danger of being under mortgaged. This is something understood and took on board and have never regretted.
With the mortgage rates being so low now you have a good point Jason.

With the mortgage rates being so low now you have a good point Jason.

Mortgage rates have been pushed down to try and generate business but they must rise to make shares pay dividends. Companies like Man Utd are up for grabs on cheap borrowed money. Their assets are the collateral.

1-what age do you plan to retire and will you have a pension at that age:
I retired a few years ago at 30yo, no pension but that's why I am building up a property portfolio.

2-do you want to trade for a living or just supplement your lifestyle:
Neither. :)

3-what are your finances like:
Good, mortgage free on numerous properties and have a fair few "toys" just brought an Aventador as the latest plaything.

I have been unlucky at times and lucky at others. I haven't ever inherited money etc, it has all come from my own decisions.

I wish you all the best of luck in life.