You'll go to hell if you celebrate Halloween!

Atilla

Legendary member

Saw this title out shopping today and wondered if there are people out who believe in this hell and heaven business and can comment on the title.

Personally, I was feeling happy about Halloween and seeing the title from some priest's comments made me feel sad at the thought of little children going to hell for a bit of fun. :(

Saw this title out shopping today and wondered if there are people out who believe in this hell and heaven business and can comment on the title.

Personally, I was feeling happy about Halloween and seeing the title from some priest's comments made me feel sad at the thought of little children going to hell for a bit of fun. :(

Even sadder that All Hallows is a Christian celebration about saving the souls of the dead & saints etc. and it somehow becomes an excursion to hell for fun. Funny old world!

I dont believe in any religion..period. what baffles me is why intelligent people fall for it. There is no hell, its called the earths core and no one has ever been there, There is no heaven, its called outer space. I believe in what can be proven..Ricky Gervais explains it here..

Halloween's nothing in the Christian calendar, its a lingering Pagan Celtic festival like Beltane etc.

Maybe according to Christianity you will go to Hell if you worship other gods. If there is a hell.

But if you drop a coin in a fountain or a wishing well, and who hasn't, that's Pagan too, so you're already condemned. So why not enjoy it?

Easiest way to manipulate people.

The Church has been an Expert at that for centuries.

Well.

They did have a lot of time to get that down pat.

The Fear-then-Relief-Principle.

Works like a charm.

I should have posted a pic of Hillary wishing you all..............

Attachments

• Hillary.PNG
    Hillary.PNG
    267.1 KB · Views: 313
I think religion has been the biggest con trick in history but it has it's good side...getting people to do positive things generally. Promoting civilised behaviour.

The cons are

1. everlasting life
2. the resurrection
3. the virgin birth
4. the God concept
5. miracles

One day someone will reorganise The Church with believable concepts
The Church has often stood up for the weak against rotten rulers. Like King John, King Henry II etc. and remembered academic subjects during a dark age of ignorance.

Last edited:
Like to add burning witches and lynch blasphemers claiming the Earth is round to the list of the evil cult believers in god.

Read somewhere that some parents beat their kid to death trying to chase the demon out of him. Almost the same as the nutters who trampled over 700+ people trying to stone the devil.

Absolute mind fluck as to how so many could be led so astray so easily.

I would like to burn the priest on a stake claiming people who celebrate Halloween will go to hell. :devilish:

Whilst I'm at it, why does a Wizard carry positive tone whilst a Witch a negative one. Sure is a man's world right! Were any Wizards toasted in the history of the world?

Last edited:
Religion has, always, been a method to rob, and keep under control, those inhabitants living in discovered lands. The big culprit is the Catholic Church which oppressed most of the New World. The various protestant faiths were devised to take over power from Rome but, whatever, it all came down to someone wanting The Pope's job.

Henry VIII wanted a son, so he broke away from Rome so that he could divorce. The Catholic priests soon came around to his way of thinking when they realised that, if they did not, they were for the chopping block. The new religion's priests were all Catholic converts. So much for what they thought of their future in Heaven.

Still, aside from the continuous and cynical power struggle on the part of our church leaders, today's educated and intelligent men must understand all this.

I reserve the right to Believe.

Just don't believe what other humans tell us. After all, those who tell us that there is nothing after death must have their reasons for not wanting us to believe that there is. Maybe they have been so bad, in their time, that they are afraid of what will happen to them later on!

Religion has, always, been a method to rob, and keep under control, those inhabitants living in discovered lands. The big culprit is the Catholic Church which oppressed most of the New World. The various protestant faiths were devised to take over power from Rome but, whatever, it all came down to someone wanting The Pope's job.

Henry VIII wanted a son, so he broke away from Rome so that he could divorce. The Catholic priests soon came around to his way of thinking when they realised that, if they did not, they were for the chopping block. The new religion's priests were all Catholic converts. So much for what they thought of their future in Heaven.

Still, aside from the continuous and cynical power struggle on the part of our church leaders, today's educated and intelligent men must understand all this.

I reserve the right to Believe.

Just don't believe what other humans tell us. After all, those who tell us that there is nothing after death must have their reasons for not wanting us to believe that there is. Maybe they have been so bad, in their time, that they are afraid of what will happen to them later on!

Not just control and rob dear old Splitlink.

Real killing of people too which you seem to have side stepped.

Few years back a hindu woman died whilst being forced to give a dangerous birth in Ireland because religious law prevented an abortion.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/apr/08/abortion-refusal-death-ireland-hindu-woman

Sadly the evil cult of god believing fearing souls still walk among the joyful living.

No, I'm not, deliberately, sidestepping, anything. There's very little right with anything religious that is taught to human beings by other human beings. What is more, female priests, gays, divorce. All these things, and more, are being accepted by the the church in an effort to get more people to go to church. I think that it is appalling how church leaders have changed attitudes over the centuries. I don't think that the Church, of any denomination, can teach me much about how to be Christian, although I admit that I have a lot to learn. Not from them, though.

I am reluctant to write everything off. It's like throwing the baby out with the bath water and there is something in human thought and the soul that cannot be explained by molecules coming with the Big Bang.

No, I'm not, deliberately, sidestepping, anything. There's very little right with anything religious that is taught to human beings by other human beings. What is more, female priests, gays, divorce. All these things, and more, are being accepted by the the church in an effort to get more people to go to church. I think that it is appalling how church leaders have changed attitudes over the centuries. I don't think that the Church, of any denomination, can teach me much about how to be Christian, although I admit that I have a lot to learn. Not from them, though.

I am reluctant to write everything off. It's like throwing the baby out with the bath water and there is something in human thought and the soul that cannot be explained by molecules coming with the Big Bang.

Pretty much my sentiment. Only difference being, answers have more chance of coming from science than any house of religeon.

In fact the answers, probably will be rejected or diluted as they are now by the cult followers.

Religeon one day will just be minority cult followers. I fear until then more blood and deaths will followin, ironically in pursuit of eternal life.

I think a sense that there is more to human existence than our daily lives is ingrained in humanity, maybe partly as our species has knowledge of our own individual mortalities and ability to think in the abstract. So from that sense, religious beliefs are permanently "hard-wired" into us and will remain a majority concern globally.

Sects will come and go but belief in non-physical powers and life after death appear to be virtually a universal human condition in both time and geography.

Maybe this has spurred on the development of humans as a domnant species.

Scientific research, also the teachings of one particular sect or imposition of its beliefs on populations will make no long-term difference, and in the end we will all continue to be wrong.

Although religion is in my opinion a construct of man, it does have a valuable plus side if the teaching is constructive unlike some.
It gives people a moral framework that they can feel good about. The Middle East is having it's bloody religious wars much like Europe had it's bloodshed in the 16th and 17th centuries. The ME could fast forward it's positions to the 21st century and learn to live alongside different groups and co-exist.

They won't learn. They have their own religious dogma that they follow and and history does not come into it. Man is self destructive, I have come to that conclusion. In the 80 years since Hitler's Germany we are just as brutal as always and we, the Europeans, are the same as we were thousands of years ago,

We are, simply, learning to kill others more efficiently than before and the reason is that there is money in it for someone. The human being, by nature, is acquisitive and greedy for the wealth of others.

Pat, I'm telling you, Heaven help you if you live in a country that has something that another nation wants.

Last edited:
Pat, I'm telling you, Heaven help you if you live in a country that has something that another nation wants.

You seem to have fallen , if I may point it out what I call the Goebell's trap. It's not nations that really want much, it's the creepy greedy politicians at the top. It's only Putin and some yes men that want to expand Russia's borders, not I think the average Russian trying to stay alive. Inflammatory newspapers tell the people what they want mostly too on the orders of the top dogs.

No, I have not fallen into any trap. The "creepy greedy politicians at the top" as you call them, will always exist. Call them Putin or Tony Blair. Read the news on the Catalan Pujol family. It makes stark and unbelievable reading.

The whole problem with humanity is that being the leader is a very desirable place to be and a lot of undesirable people seem to get there, to the detriment of everyone else.

You seem to have fallen , if I may point it out what I call the Goebell's trap. It's not nations that really want much, it's the creepy greedy politicians at the top. It's only Putin and some yes men that want to expand Russia's borders, not I think the average Russian trying to stay alive. Inflammatory newspapers tell the people what they want mostly too on the orders of the top dogs.

WOT???? Beg to differ in a big way Pat!!!

Russia is not expanding. It's the WEST that's always trying to extend their influence.

Listening to late news the other night one of the questions from the BBC to an Iranian official was: "When is Iran going to stop interfering with Iraq and Syria?"

I fell off my chair laughing my ar5e off.

US and UK travel 000s of miles to attack ME to steal oil and the question Iran on interfering in operations across its borders.

Problem right now - Russia is being squeezed with stronger US and China. It has to respond.

WOT???? Beg to differ in a big way Pat!!!

Russia is not expanding. It's the WEST that's always trying to extend their influence.

Problem right now - Russia is being squeezed with stronger US and China. It has to respond.

Wasn't it a slice off Georgia, before Eastern Ukraine and now pressure on the Baltics for a slice off their Eastern boundaries ?
Putin has publicly stated he admires the Old Imperial Russia that expanded South and East. Got a pasting in Afghanistan though.

I see that while Europe takes millions of refugees, Russia, the biggest country on the planet has taken 3, yes 3 with another 6 stuck in Moscow airport's corridors for 40 days !! Shameful !