Xmas / New Year trading

justyn

I trade the Dow on a daily basis and was wondering when the markets are open / closed over the holiday period?

Does anyone know if there is a calendar online somewhere I can consult in future?

Also, I don't like to trade when there is low volume as lack of interest can often mean a tight range and nothing but choppyness all day.

Is it worth trading between Xmas and New Year or will everyone be on holiday and so I should put my feet up and wait until Jan?

Cheers!

Justyn.

Thanks for the calendar Trendie - just what I was after.

Does anyone have any views on trading over the holiday period?

Justyn.

justyn said:
Thanks for the calendar Trendie - just what I was after.

Does anyone have any views on trading over the holiday period?

Justyn.
Take a look at EOD charts. I remember a few years back some excellent moves over Xmas.....

"low- volume levitation" has occured in past years....

Also the 'Santa Rally' effect is supposedly enhanced in the last trading days of the year, and this year most funds have had the bulk of their performance since mid-October, so they'll likely want to hang onto that, but there must be some temptation to take profits.....

But can the market rally again on top of a mega rally...?....I'm not taking too much for granted.... ;)

Hi All

I'm staying well away from the markets over Christmas. Low volume, which means the marketmakers are free to play games and no-one or group is large enough to stop them. There's a good reason the big city boys take the Christmas period off - they know there's not going to be much happening. It's really a catch 22 situation. No volume because the big boys are on holiday, and the big boys are on holiday because there's no volume. :rolleyes:

All IMVHO