Would you join a trading Kibbutz ?

Pat494

Legendary member
If the terms of joining a trading plus kibbutz were ideal I would personally be interested.
I guess it would start small and then grow as people joined. Perhaps later buy a a house with some land and gradually build it up to a bigger estate. I think the trading finances though would have to be separate to protect capital against loss.
Also encourage people with other skills and trades to manage an attached farm. Might even fit Tim in with his skills ?
What do you think ?

Just exploring the possibilities and to see what others think..
Trading can be a lonely and frustrating business. Think how much better it could be if there were others close by trading while different sorts of people were working out their expertise. Maybe carpentry, jewellery making, ceramics, sheep herding, chicken etc. would be encouraged. Bring the wife and kids too.

The whole kibbutz thing has been explored and used, especially in Israel.
Almost everything belongs to everybody, Not wives !!

Wouldn't this just translate into a Co-op Prop Shop? ....or perhaps the way legal Chambers function? I think that the pricipal problem would be the assessment of contributio as the traders would be generating revenue whereas the others might be producing tangibles.

There was a crisis of confidence in the old kibbutz system in the late 1980s. After years of consultation between the members it was decided in 2002 to evolve into the privatised system. This has worked well and members are returning to the dream.

Wouldn't this just translate into a Co-op Prop Shop? ....or perhaps the way legal Chambers function? I think that the pricipal problem would be the assessment of contributio as the traders would be generating revenue whereas the others might be producing tangibles.
I expect all co=operative groups have somewhat similiar setups as they evolve. Obviously the non Jewish groups would probably drop some/all of the Jewish religious content etc.to fit the circumstances in which they find themselves.