Would ya/ could ya...

Most software packages have exampled guide books/specific forums for DIY coding. So I think the best route would be to look at what markets you need it for, then research what software is out there to handle your markets, (Tradestation?) then get stuck in.(if they are suitable or reliable) You should be able to code something simple in a couple of days (using tradestation for example) but you'll probably need to spend a few thousand hours getting creative. :)

Best route maybe to learn by yourself, that way you can understand the logic you apply to your code which over the longer term may help you create an effective system.

Again depending on what markets , there are some free systsems out there which you can access the code and make changes or use the code to template and build your own.

But to be honest I dont know what systems are reliable/stable.

Ive coded some basic stuff indicators which can be turn into systems but I like/need the bit of discretion when a signal pops in that 1-10 minute window. That keeps me on the straight and narrow most of time.

MultiCharts Software & Charting Platform using easy language as do tradestation, free trial here 30 days.

Could be a load of tosh, never used them but should give you s taste of easy language. Sure there must be plenty of others out there too.

But I'd say allow a few thousand hours of getting stuck in whichever setup you go for.